NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Legend of Mana (24th June 2021)

Well, it's not the Final Fantasy Collection...but similar wheelhouse I guess :p you're getting closer, Square! 

Edited by Julius

Just now, drahkon said:

Also coming to PC (Steam) and PS4

They're taking forever to put the English trailer up so I can't update the original post, typical S-E :laughing:

I'm pretty interested in this. Not something I'd commit to being there Day 1 for - we'll see what else lands around then, or if there's something else I'm in the mood for at that time - but it's certainly on my radar now. Crazy though that we've had not one, but two Mana remakes, and still not much for S-E's bigger franchises. Smaller undertaking I guess, but still, a bit odd. 

Visually, that's the kind of treatment I'd be okay with for an FF Collection. Would much prefer the original sprites, but what constitutes the best version for those games isn't necessarily their original release. 

Never played these Mana games...what are they? Are they good? Are the remakes good?
WHAT IS THIS?

I honestly think the PSOne version looked better than what they've done with this remastered one. Be interesting to see a side by side comparison. 

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Never played these Mana games...what are they? Are they good? Are the remakes good?
WHAT IS THIS?

Trials of Mana was garbage. Easily one of the worst JRPGs I have played in recent years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Trials of Mana was garbage. Easily one of the worst JRPGs I have played in recent years.

Oh boy...my sister's boyfriend won't be happy to hear that, my good Sir :p He keeps telling my that I need to play it.

Anyways:

I have played a game from this series. The Game Boy game Final Fantasy Adventure: Mystic Quest back when I was a wee little lad. "Played" is a bit of a strong word, though: I think I was 5, the game wasn't mine and I could never figure out much given the fact that I couldn't speak English back then :laughing:

From what I have seen, this Mana game is one of the more divisive of the series, some people love it and some loathe it. 

Nice to see S-E finally delving into their PS1 catelogue and are finally allowing the forbidden streams to cross :D 

Not my most wanted game, but welcome to see anyway.

Lets get more classic titles up on Switch now (and not the horrible, disgraceful mobile versions of FF1-6!)

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nice to see S-E finally delving into their PS1 catelogue and are finally allowing the forbidden streams to cross :D 

Not my most wanted game, but welcome to see anyway.

Lets get more classic titles up on Switch now (and not the horrible, disgraceful mobile versions of FF1-6!)

Horrible, disgraceful mobile version of Chrono Trigger it is then!

With extra loading for that authentic PS1 experience!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Sign in to follow this