NEurope
Julius

Mario Golf Super Rush (25th June 2021)

Always up for a relaxing round of video game golf. And some crazy multiplayer action :p

Need to see more information on story mode.

Definitely interested in this one :)

Probably the best Switch announcement in a while. A story mode and a crazy "everyone plays together and the goal is to be the fastest rather than fewest shots, also with power ups" are exactly what I wanted from a Mario Golf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Story mode = win.

Speed mode = win.

Mario Golf = win! 😄

(I’m happy with this announcement!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally a new Mario Golf and one that’s adding some crazy let’s all,hit,our balls at once and run across the course mode. Lol can’t wait to play this and get some NE mayhem going. 

Looks really nice. That speed golf mode looks like it will be a ton of fun for multiplayer. Definitely going to pick this one up.

Mario Golf: Poor Golf Course Etiquette looks great!

Also, Bowser in golfing clothes just looks wrong. Then again, Bowser in clothes tends to look wrong anyway.

I think that in 2021, at this stage, this game looking as it does is pretty inexcusable to be honest. I expect these sorts of terrible, dated graphics from Pokemon games, but not a mainline Mario spin-off. And at least Pokemon games look charming. I genuinely don't understand how Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World can look so stunning, 7-8 years ago, on lesser hardware, and this looks like utter rubbish.

I know it's Camelot and not an EPD game, but that's no excuse, if they can't develop for an HD system then Nintendo should give these games to someone who can. I'm sure the gameplay will be solid, hopefully the story mode will be a step up from Tennis Aces (but probably won't be), but it's hard not to be disappointed in this when the 3DS one looked 10x times better visually, and 100x more charming:

Qvz3TvQ.jpg

I really think Nintendo games should steer clear from (semi) realistic visuals, if they don't have the development muscle/horsepower to achieve it. Really hope to be proven wrong by the time it comes out.

Edited by Ronnie

New overview trailer:

Such a good job with the voiceover casting for this game's trailers. The right balance of condescendingly over-the-top and pretentiousness :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks great, and much improved visually from its earlier showing!

That roster has dropped every Bowser minion that has ever appeared in a previous Mario Spin-off! No repeat appearance anywhere!

Except Boo. Because Boo is the best and everyone knows it.

Looks great. I can’t wait to get some NE online games going in this. Should be a hoot. 

Well Battle Golf looks sick now, doesn’t it! :D 

Hope you can knock fools into the drink in Speed Golf.

A plus side of MH making want to just dip in and out of it, is I'm very tempted to pick this up on launch! Since MG64 I've always loved these games, despite the Rush element it looks (or perhaps being advertised as) less gimmicky, so hopefully it'll be a fairly pure game of golf with the option to muck about, rush mode does look quite fun, too! 

It releases on my eldest son's birthday, I've got the day off and am picking him up after school so I'll have a free morning...🤷‍♂️ He's asked for 3D World and a Mario cake for his birthday, so perhaps I can justify this as another present for him 😎😛

11 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Well Battle Golf looks sick now, doesn’t it! :D 

Hope you can knock fools into the drink in Speed Golf.

I hope so too! Mostly because it makes zero sense for a certain character.

eTLEs7.gif

Majestic!

They keep putting Boo in spin-offs even when it clearly causes issues like this! Nintendo have to be doing it on purpose at this point!

Now that I think about it, Speed Golf has a stamina bar? So Boo's gonna get tired from... floating?

• Haha 3

You realise this is all fake... Right? Like, it's a world where a former plumber rides a dinosaur to rescue a princess from a giant lizard with help from mushrooms, except when they're all playing sports together and sometimes work together when they're made of paper. And you're concerned about the stamina of a ghost 👻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ashley said:

You realise this is all fake... Right? Like, it's a world where a former plumber rides a dinosaur to rescue a princess from a giant lizard with help from mushrooms, except when they're all playing sports together and sometimes work together when they're made of paper. And you're concerned about the stamina of a ghost 👻

You're talking to the guy who made a number of threads about stupid questions that don't matter.

Find a Boo in a mainline Mario game and it'll exhibit typical ghosty qualities. But the moment it's promoted to a playable status, it immediately forgets it's a ghost and falls off cliffs, gets punched in the face, operates motorbikes without feet and overcomes it's crippling shyness!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

You're talking to the guy who made a number of threads about stupid questions that don't matter.

Find a Boo in a mainline Mario game and it'll exhibit typical ghosty qualities. But the moment it's promoted to a playable status, it immediately forgets it's a ghost and falls off cliffs, gets punched in the face, operates motorbikes without feet and overcomes it's crippling shyness!

It speaks to the incredible power of being part of a community. It's an uplifting story.

Well now I need a spin off featuring Boo as the main character who at the start of the game can only hover and go invisible, but by the end he has learnt all those abilities to battle the final boss. 

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

It speaks to the incredible power of being part of a community. It's an uplifting story.

Pity it can't uplift Boo over a Bunker.

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Well now I need a spin off featuring Boo as the main character who at the start of the game can only hover and go invisible, but by the end he has learnt all those abilities to battle the final boss. 

We almost got a Boo game from Retro Studios... so we were a lot closer to that than you think!

• Like 2

"Additional games, system and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode".

I think that pretty much confirms that there won't be split-screen for the main mode. 

12 minutes ago, Cube said:

"Additional games, system and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode".

I think that pretty much confirms that there won't be split-screen for the main mode. 

I think the tried and tested, share the screen and take it in turns way is still fine for the main mode of a golf game.

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I think the tried and tested, share the screen and take it in turns way is still fine for the main mode of a golf game.

By "main mode" I was meaning the speed golf part of the game. I just want to play it with friends/family. 

Edit: I was mistaken: https://mariogolf.nintendo.com/how-to-play/

It supports 2 player split screen, and you can split screen and online. This is for the speed, battle and standard golf.

Looks like standard golf can be sped up by playing simultaneously, which is a nice feature.

One off thing is that it says standard golf is also "Up to 2 players per system", although this is likely (hopefully) just the simultaneous mode and the take turns mode will support 4. 

Still, far better than I imagined.