NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Direct : 17 / 02 / 21 - 10pm (UK time)

7 hours ago, Julius said:

Final Fantasy I - VI Collection

Can I throw in a Dragon Quest IV - VI Collection?

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Can I throw in a Dragon Quest IV - VI Collection?

310a04ea204df7f08458a28e4fc34a19.gif

The more the merrier! So long as we get Final Fantasy at some point :p

Actually, though, you've just reminded me...isn't it Dragon Quest's 35th Anniversary this year too? They could totally do their own thing later in the year for it with more reveals, but I think it's totally possible we could see something here. Smash showed more love for the series than I feel Square Enix has in the last few years, XI was the first game announced for Switch way back, and so on...

So yeah. I'm not really expecting anything here, just because of the time this will be airing in Japan, but an update on that Dragon Quest Monsters game which was going through a rough patch, Adventure of Dai, or maybe even a Dragon Quest Builders 3 would probably be a welcome addition. A Dragon Quest VIII Remastered to throw in with a IV - VI Collection would be pretty neat too! 

And I'll freak out if we get XII announced. I don't expect it to be here in this Direct, but I do think that there's a good chance it gets revealed this year. It's been long enough a wait! 

• Like 1

After doing some thinking, my wishlist is something like this:

• The Great Ace Attorney Trilogy (with a physical release)
  • Either a 2D Metroid or Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
  • Zelda collection (WW HD, Twilight Princess, Four Swords HD).
  • A huge NSO update (at the minimum, GBA and GBC titles, but my wish is for N64 and some third party titles on there too, i.e. Sega Genesis games)
  • A Pokemon Snap 2 segment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, darksnowman said:

My only preference is that they keep the Smash Bros. news to a minimum!

37 minutes Smash Bros. segment incoming

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Julius said:

It's been long enough a wait! 

Dragon Quest XI isn't that ol...IT'S FROM 2017?

So...the last 4 years...where have they gone? :( 

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Don't even joke about it...!

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Builders 3, let's have it!

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Builders 3, let's have it!

That reminds me...always wanted to give the first one another chance.
Time to put my trusty ol' PSVita to good use again :D 

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

To be fair to them, they probably had to put a bit of time into XI S – Definitive Edition, and that was for Switch in 2019, and came over to everything else just back in December. 

But I think this year is the year XII gets announced, for sure, especially with their work seemingly done with XI (even if I don't think tonight is necessarily the place to do that). I think Horii already teased that there will be announcements coming before, so now I think it's just a matter of time. 

• Thanks 1

I'll be cracking open a whisky to either enjoy or drown my sorrows tonight. I don't think I've touched my Switch in over a year, so I'm hoping I'll get something that'll get me playing on it again. Anyways, a direct is always a good time, even though it might be weak or strong. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drahkon said:

In which they dedicate 2 minutes to each fan-requested character they're not unveiling. 

• Haha 3

I'd really like a new Mario Kart with some new mechanics, or some sort of single player mode different to just cups. 

It's a long time coming really and feel like the series needs to progress somewhat. 

I'm not really sure what else I want. Please dear god no Fire Emblem. Although the Smash section is likely to be to unveil 25 new FE characters that no one cares about. 

I have a feeling a new Mario Rabbids game will be announced. Not my thing though, hated the first one. 

Something to get me excited about having a Switch again would be good really. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cube said:

I don't have the game, but I am hoping for some DLC. An "original timeline" expansion would make the game actually worth getting.

You gotta let that go, man. It's eating you up.

I just want more reason to play the game, because I've finished every side quest and have nothing else to do, but I want to play more with that great combat gameplay.

I’m really not sure what to expect, I’m quite excited for it because if it’s 50 minutes long then there’s a pretty high chance I’ll see a few games I’ll want. 

Random things I feel might show up:

Mario rabbids 2

F-zero

Star Fox Zero port with that star fox cctv mini game thrown in 

New details and a trailer for BotW2

and a port/remake of GTA 3 announced for switch 

• Thanks 3

If Mario + Rabbids 2 gets announced and Silksong gets a release date, best Direct ever for me.

I hope they keep the pace up like their last few Directs, and don't spend too long on any one segment (*cough*Smash*cough*). I still have nightmares about that what felt like 10 minute Xenoblade segment at E3 where they went through every battle mechanic :blank:

10 hours ago, Julius said:

In terms of Zelda, I do think we're getting something, because of the 35th Anniversary being this Sunday, but I'm just really not sure what that is exactly. I think they could spend a good 5 - 10 minutes on it, to be honest, because there's so much that they could potentially have in the works.

I've this nagging suspicion that Nintendo will want to wait until Mario's 35th anniversary is up before talking about Zelda, and technically that finishes at the end of March. I don't think they care so much about the exact date, but I could be wrong.

If it does show up I'm hoping for a new 2D Zelda, brand new, the last one we had was the amazing Link Between Worlds, but even that was a re-use of the ALTTP overworld. I'd love something brand new, they've done enough ports or remakes now.

10 hours ago, Julius said:

It'll be Captain Toad, he unfortunately will not be wielding a sword, but he will announce a Captain Toad sequel. I'm thinking Temple of Goom...ba.

Wow, great title. Yes please, more Captain Toad would be very welcome, ridiculously charming and fun game.

20 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I hope they keep the pace up like their last few Directs, and don't spend too long on any one segment (*cough*Smash*cough*).

You do realise that's only happened once? In 2018. Smash normally just takes 5 minutes max.

Long dives into Smash is what the Sakurai Presents are for.

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You do realise that's only happened once? In 2018. Smash normally just takes 5 minutes max.

Long dives into Smash is what the Sakurai Presents are for.

I imagine I'd be pretty frightened of planes even if I was only in one plane crash.

8 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Are there even any Wii U games left to port?

The HD Zelda games and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• Like 1

Just remembered we got this last week, so...Republic Commando could be making an appearance I guess? 

On 11/02/2021 at 2:22 AM, Julius said:

Seems like one of my favourite Star Wars game, Star Wars: Republic Commando, might be getting ported to Switch soon (and potentially other consoles too?).

Please? 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I've this nagging suspicion that Nintendo will want to wait until Mario's 35th anniversary is up before talking about Zelda, and technically that finishes at the end of March. I don't think they care so much about the exact date, but I could be wrong.

If it does show up I'm hoping for a new 2D Zelda, brand new, the last one we had was the amazing Link Between Worlds, but even that was a re-use of the ALTTP overworld. I'd love something brand new, they've done enough ports or remakes now.

Yeah, I thought similarly too, and honestly I agree with the logic behind it.

Even if we somehow don't see a Zelda game today (which would baffle me a bit, Nintendo thrives itself on the legacy of its core brands), I'd still expect it to be talked about though, amiibo to turn up, and perhaps even announce a Zelda Direct.

The main reason that I think they'll share stuff today rather than do that isn't just the proximity to the date itself, but that we're super likely to get a Pokémon Direct next week, which they could definitely confirm here (and even if they don't, I'd still say it's very likely), and I don't see them having so many Directs so close together. 

I thought yesterday that there was a good chance we'd hear something because of how close we were to the Zelda Anniversary, and kept a bit of an eye out for it. It was a Tuesday and I fully expected them to announce a Zelda Direct, so I genuinely think the reason we aren't getting one isn't because they aren't going to celebrate Zelda (though a Zelda Direct could be just as fitting a place to do that), but rather, because there's just so much else to celebrate too.

The first half of the year is pretty empty for them so far, but there are so many franchises to celebrate. Even if just two others of the many franchises celebrating anniversaries this year turn up, I feel like that's a great reason to choose to do a general Direct over a Zelda one right now, and given the length of the Direct, it's hard to not hope for that. 

And this is just totally me making a mountain out of a mole hill for the sake of my own optimism, but Link has turned up at both of the last two February Directs (Smash Bros. Ultimate reveal in 2018, Link's Awakening in 2019). 

Wow, great title. Yes please, more Captain Toad would be very welcome, ridiculously charming and fun game.

Yeah, I really need to jump on it at some point, it looks like a great time! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

If Mario + Rabbids 2 gets announced and Silksong gets a release date, best Direct ever for me.

Not sure if this is a damning indictment of previous Directs from you, or you just have really small dreams.

• Like 2

Going in with low expectations so I can be happy after it.

Given that they said they’d be “focusing” on first half 2021 games, they may yet still show stuff coming after. So my wishlist would be:

Zelda HD Collection

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD 

Breath of the Wild sequel trailer

Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer

Xenoblade Chronicles X port (with updated faces on character models)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bob said:

Not sure if this is a damning indictment of previous Directs from you, or you just have really small dreams.

Or, crazy theory, Hollow Knight is one of my favourite games ever and I'm looking forward to the sequel a lot.

Alright, ‘Like’ my post if you want your own 3x3 bingo card to play along tonight. Deadline is 9 gmt

edit: you’ll are lucky I’m not the sensitive type.

This link - https://mfbc.us/m/cw5bnj - will give you a random bingo card if you still want to play along.

Edited by LazyBoy
  • Weird 1