NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Six Days in Fallujah (2021)

A cancelled Konami game from 2009 is back, and it's coming to PC and consoles this year. What the hell...

Six Days in Fallujah is a first-person tactical military shooter that recreates true stories of Marines, Soldiers, and Iraqi civilians who fought Al Qaeda during the toughest urban battle since 1968.

Lead a fireteam through accurately recreated encounters from the real battle, built with technology that brings you closer to the uncertainty and tactics of real combat than any other game has explored until now.

And already some controversy:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe this is seeing a release. I remember reading about back in the day. I'm very curious how it will turn out.

• Like 1

Wow... Jingoistic American conservatives are REALLY persistent!

Given the state of America right now? And the state of the modern gaming industry? Somehow, this game coming back to life doesn’t really surprise me all that much.

Says a lot about the current state of the world that there’s a real, conceited effort to not only make a piece of American war propaganda out of an army recruitment tool (made by people who make army recruitment tools & war simulators), but also make it into a piece of proper low-brow entertainment for good measure!

The whole thing honestly comes across like a sick parody; except it’s real! You can even buddy up with a friend while taking down Evil Arabs! What self-respecting American wouldn’t want this!?

But don’t worry, it’s ok.  We take occasional 5 minute moments out to show that we feel real sad for the Americans who risked their lives and died in combat; it’s proper high art now.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/15/22279600/six-days-in-fallujah-interview-iraq-war-politics

“I think reasonable people can disagree with that,” he told Polygon of his narrative strategy. “For us as a team, it is really about helping players understand the complexity of urban combat. It’s about the experiences of that individual that is now there because of political decisions. And we do want to show how choices that are made by policymakers affect the choices that [a Marine] needs to make on the battlefield. Just as that [Marine] cannot second-guess the choices by the policymakers, we’re not trying to make a political commentary about whether or not the war itself was a good or a bad idea.”

The Ubisoft Defense... really!? For this game of all games!?!?

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this