NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

Social Media

3 hours ago, Rummy said:

Another thing with fb - did anyone notice more recently over last few months the kinda content the feed/algorithms was pushing was differing? I was gettting a lot more direct 'notifications' of just whatever friends were sharing and posting even though I didn't change and follow settings etc. - usually before that was what I'd expect to come across casually scrolling my news feed not in my notifications bit. Why do I need a notification telling me Michael Jamieson has posted on his wall telling me he loves cock; when I could see his love for cock in my feed or if I wanted to indulge in his known to me love for cock I could just go to his wall and choose to indulge it off my own definifely free non-love-for-cock-lured will to induldge in it?

Why does facebook need to notify me specifically of what's on HIS wall over what is on EVERONE's wall

Oddly, I get some for him as well. We haven't interacted massively so I don't get it.

Also, finding posts you've previously seen is a nightmare. Quite often I'll open Facebook, spot something interesting at the top but click on notifications first, when when I go back the feed refreshes and the post I saw is gone.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:46 AM, Rummy said:

Indeed; and I subscribe to much varying philosophy on a variety of merits.

Humour is definitely one of those lines - and a joke on facebook with a clear forumite friend of mine on my own page my own wall - are you somehow suggesting that facebook were truly justified in the proportion neccessity and reasonableness of their action against my post given that? Is humour no longer allowed; because the bots do not understand it?

Does the machine pass the test, sumo? Where do we decide our limits on what is and what is not? Was this bot a good bot, a bad bot, a ghost within the machine or something maybe even still far more nefarious beyond my own imagination?

I try to follow this, never post anything on social media that you wouldn't write on a postcard and send to someone else. It doesn't matter if you post something privately or not anymore, once you have posted it on social media it is kept on a database somewhere else. Even if you delete the post or comment there are normally ways of bringing it back and that can be used against you.

As for bots, I still feel they are still in the learning process right now. Better algorithms in future will be used and the bots will get better and more sophisticated.

Edited by sumo73

Oddly, I get some for him as well. We haven't interacted massively so I don't get it.
Also, finding posts you've previously seen is a nightmare. Quite often I'll open Facebook, spot something interesting at the top but click on notifications first, when when I go back the feed refreshes and the post I saw is gone.
This happens to be all the time. It's so annoying.

Also, photos on Facebook still don't show up correctly on Chrome for Android. It's been an issue for literally years, but they don't give a shit because they want people to download the app.

On 23/04/2021 at 8:26 PM, bob said:

This happens to be all the time. It's so annoying.

Also, photos on Facebook still don't show up correctly on Chrome for Android. It's been an issue for literally years, but they don't give a shit because they want people to download the app.

Isn't messenger also disabled on the mobile version of facebook? Or do you use the desktop version setting? I'm not sure I could be bothered with that to use facebook.

Isn't messenger also disabled on the mobile version of facebook? Or do you use the desktop version setting? I'm not sure I could be bothered with that to use facebook.
You get the notification that you have a message, but if you want to read it, you need the messenger app.

I just wait until I see the notification, download Facebook Messenger Lite, and then delete it again afterwards.

I have facebook still. i have been on it recently since covid has died down a bit. but while it was a Big Deal I was offline.  Tired of seeing ablism, conspiracy nonsense constantly.  Exposing yourself to people that would basically see you die rather than wear a damn piece of cloth on your face on the daily is not OK.  I still try to ration it so im not just randomly scrolling for hours every day.

I have messenger purely because i have friends on there that i literally have no other ability to contact.  Without that I'd probably have deleted my account a while ago.

Twitter is a hatefest.  Don't care much for instagram (always felt like a duplication of facebook for me), snapchat is full of creeps and pervs.

Sign in to follow this