NEurope
Rummy

The GameStop....swizzle?

Just now, Will said:

You mean negative interest rates? It’s entirely possible though would be unlikely to be passed on to the consumer, you’d just see savings rates be even worse and borrowing rates hover around where they are now. If it happens it will be a pretty strong indicator of the economy being in a really bad place more than anything, they’ll avoid doing it if at all possible.

Plus wouldn't that lead to people frantically withdrawing cash? I know I wouldn't keep my savings in the bank at negative interest but just shove it in a fireproof safe at home.

But yeah, interest now is horrible. I got quite a nice sum saved up and I gained not even 2(!) euros of interest. It's already costing more to keep my account open than I gain from interest. But apparently switching banks can be quite a hassle, and interest is bad almost everywhere. Even longer-term savings (like putting money away for 20 years) only slightly increases interest.

It's a shame I know balls about investing, so probably we will just use our savings to quickly improve the house's energy label, that might net the most in the future.

Dammit yes sorry I meant interest dunno why the hell I wrote inflation those are not the same things.

Work is some jet fuel has arrived and there may be another attempted excursion to the moon. Doubled pretty much today may have doubled again by tmw - not been following only just been informed by someone no idea whats driving it if it isnt the idea of shorts closing positions(tho if hedges agreed to push prices enough to encourage paper hands to help out their closes....hmm...how many apes are still out there buying.....💎✊🏾)

With this latest bump I’ve sold off the remainder of my holding. Seems no one is really sure what’s causing this one but I guess it’s people closing short positions from the previous bump combined with the reddit crew who for some reason are still buying. Didn’t expect to get another big win out of this one so pleasantly surprised it’s had another bounce.

• Like 1

Some people working with data in investments in Denmark's largest bank has told that 75 % of the people investing in GameStop lost money on it. Most made only a little while a few made quite some money out of it. 

So what's the current status of this.."project"? Reddit crew still buying everything?  Wallstreet people still panicking?

I understand very little of it, and would love to see a documentary or dramatized film (à la the big short) about this once it's all over.

5 hours ago, Will said:

With this latest bump I’ve sold off the remainder of my holding. Seems no one is really sure what’s causing this one but I guess it’s people closing short positions from the previous bump combined with the reddit crew who for some reason are still buying. Didn’t expect to get another big win out of this one so pleasantly surprised it’s had another bounce.

This is the madness I'm struggling with atm. No definite enough ideation of what caused this bump. Annoyed cos literally monday or tuesday i was thinking of redipping with some new money to hope if it doubled I could clear the old money(im literally only a few hundred quid in) and then this bloody happened! So weird how this time nobody seems so sure as to why though.

45 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

So what's the current status of this.."project"? Reddit crew still buying everything?  Wallstreet people still panicking?

I understand very little of it, and would love to see a documentary or dramatized film (à la the big short) about this once it's all over.

All that stuff's supposedly working out behind the scenes BUT - there almost may need to be a film about the film if it gets made cos basically I understand the 'people' the 'media' approached re this(im talking media like hollywood movies etc) were old gen original mods who started the sub and abandoned long ago - then sniffed cashing in om brand following the Gamestonking last month. It's all really been a remarkably fascinating story; and whilst I've only part delved into varying bits of it(and my markets knowledge is pretty much nonexistent) I'd actually try and help explain whatever I can of it to folks. Seems recently a number of my focuses are turning into fascinations with collective/group behaviour somewhat outside of the norms for even that.

1 minute ago, Rummy said:

All that stuff's supposedly working out behind the scenes BUT - there almost may need to be a film about the film if it gets made cos basically I understand the 'people' the 'media' approached re this(im talking media like hollywood movies etc) were old gen original mods who started the sub and abandoned long ago - then sniffed cashing in om brand following the Gamestonking last month. It's all really been a remarkably fascinating story; and whilst I've only part delved into varying bits of it(and my markets knowledge is pretty much nonexistent) I'd actually try and help explain whatever I can of it to folks. Seems recently a number of my focuses are turning into fascinations with collective/group behaviour somewhat outside of the norms for even that.

I have no idea what you just said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Some people working with data in investments in Denmark's largest bank has told that 75 % of the people investing in GameStop lost money on it. Most made only a little while a few made quite some money out of it. 

Given the unusual nature of the situation that to me(not pointing at you here ofc) just isn't saying anything in something almost infinitely more complex. What if 75% of investors only invested $500 or less? What if 75% investors on average lost a cent each? Curious to see the wider implications of that.

9 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have no idea what you just said.

Ok, imagined it happened here on N-Europe but then you got a lot of old members/mods/admins that haven't been here for years becoming the guys approached 'for the movie' AND claiming they're the ones to be approach about it(to cash in) when they weren't in any way actually actively part of any of the forum goings on/discussions around the Stonk at the time, having disappeared years before.

That's reportedly what's happened mostly so far with anyone being approached for 'films' being made around the subject - partially because its such a weird fractured ground up movement its difficult to pinpoint a 'ringleader'(there probably IS one of sorts in a guy called DeepFuckingValue who kinda started it off but its not as simple as that. He just likes the stock.)

5 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Given the unusual nature of the situation that to me(not pointing at you here ofc) just isn't saying anything in something almost infinitely more complex. What if 75% of investors only invested $500 or less? What if 75% investors on average lost a cent each? Curious to see the wider implications of that.

Ok, imagined it happened here on N-Europe but then you got a lot of old members/mods/admins that haven't been here for years becoming the guys approached 'for the movie' AND claiming they're the ones to be approach about it(to cash in) when they weren't in any way actually actively part of any of the forum goings on/discussions around the Stonk at the time, having disappeared years before.

That's reportedly what's happened mostly so far with anyone being approached for 'films' being made around the subject - partially because its such a weird fractured ground up movement its difficult to pinpoint a 'ringleader'(there probably IS one of sorts in a guy called DeepFuckingValue who kinda started it off but its not as simple as that. He just likes the stock.)

To be honest it was more your writing style combined with Reddit slang I'm having trouble with.

lol, i know! but it IS in itself almost as absurd as all that. most people i talk to about it know OF it but don't really know the whats or whys; and by time you do things seem to have changed again(there's been a whole ton of admin/mod drama and turnover on the WallStreetBets subreddit as a result; spurred by the old 'founders' returning trying to usurp control for money) - but its definitely absurd. And I gotta be honest my regular one page source isn't exactly the most sense-making thing either (changes most days tho) :p ;

https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

I was looking at GME a while ago, it was down to $40 a share, thought sure why not buy even one. But figured it was only gonna drop more not go up....how bloody wrong was I :p

On the plus side I did buy 3 AME at $5 each...it up to $13 a share now so yay.

I have no idea what I'm doing :p Set up an Revolout just for this haha