NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Resident Evil Village

I'm not able to play the demo, as I don't own a PS5. It's stupid that Capcom didn't release a demo on the PS4 as well, but they probably want to hide how bad it actually is.

Some of the fans in the Resident Evil community are stupid, quite frankly. Even when they see Capcom is butchering content in the remakes, or putting in plot devices suited for a different sort of franchise, they'll sit there on their computer chair and defend the franchise, and suck up to Capcom, no matter what. It's kind of annoying.

Anyway, I got called a fake fan by this "Sam Toothless Hopps" guy on YouTube. I'm getting him doing this, because I talked about a shill for Capcom, known as Nemesis. He makes no sense whatsoever. 

Edited by CrowingJoe79

I'm not able to play the demo, as I don't own a PS5. It's stupid that Capcom didn't release a demo on the PS4 as well, but they probably want to hide how bad it actually is.

I don't think the game is coming out on PS4 is it?
  • Weird 1

12 minutes ago, bob said:

I don't think the game is coming out on PS4 is it?

Yes, it's scheduled for XBO and PS4.

• Like 1

Yes, it's scheduled for XBO and PS4.
Oh, my bad. When I googled it, and it just said PS5, Xbox Whatever the Latest One and Windows.

A lot of folk like to support Capcom, even if a million other fans can see their ideas are getting more and more dumb. All people seem to care about are these vampire lady memes. It's just the Jack Baker stuff, all over again.

Why aren't people concerned about the actual gameplay or the story itself? Meh. :indeed:

Hopefully, Chris doesn't retire in a game as ridiculous as this. So Piers died for him, and he kept on fighting. Right? But Ethan could perhaps die and Chris will hang up his gloves. That's just nonsense.

Then again, if Capcom keeps bringing him back, it will likely be as a side character in increasingly sillier games in any case.

Maybe it's time to pull the plug on this franchise, Capcom. Your creativity ain't what it was. 

They should definitely pull the plug after three critically acclaimed games in a row. Quit while you're ahead, Capcom!

• Confused 1

The two recent remakes sucked, though. And these modern day games are NOT scary. Plus, the plot in general is so disjointed. Nothing makes sense anymore.

The RE2 remake maybe is a little bit creepy in parts, but it's not a faithful remake. Things were changed with the plot. They left out some of the enemies.

Have you played the 2002 remake that was out on the GameCube? That's the ultimate remake. That's basically the original game, but improved upon in a spectacular way. Capcom ought to have did that for RE2 especially, and maybe even also RE3.

Capcom doesn't really care either way, because they know fanboys want more games regardless. Everybody is going to buy their games anyway. That's kind of the problem though. Ain't it? 

You have a point. I had sort of giving up on it for a number of years. To me, Naughty Dog is a better company, all around. Not everyone will agree, though.

The demo hit Xbox today for this game. 
I okayed the first part and managed to get through it within 30 minutes, but I don’t feel like I fully did everything I could. 

I really enjoyed it. It gave me RE 4 vibes in some places, but then RE 7 vibes in others. Which I guess is a pretty nice mix and probably what they were hoping for. 
The only thing I’m not crazy on is that the new RE engine makes all interiors look very samey. There were sections of the demo where I was indoors and I could have been in the house from RE 7 all over again. Perhaps that is the aim, and maybe it isn’t actually a bad thing. 
But with previous main line entries changing up the locations each time this felt a bit stale already. 

Definitely a day one order for me though. As per every RE game ever. :) 

• Like 1

Some reviews going up, seems to have done really well: 

Think this will finally be the summer I get around to playing a Resident Evil game, but looking forward to eventually catching up and trying this at some far-flung point in the future :p

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you never played any of them, @Julius? Any idea how you are going to tackle them once you do start playing them? 

I haven't! Admittedly though, I feel like that's the case for a lot of games for me, as I didn't really have much exposure to them growing up. It's why I tend to jump from one generation to another a lot of the time when playing games, though the preference I guess would be to have everything on the newest system to make things easier. 

As for Resident Evil, my only exposure to the series, as far as I can remember, was watching one of my friends play Resident Evil 4 around his house straight after school one day, and that must have been over a decade ago now! I have the image of Leon carrying a rocket launcher in a church or graveyard (? There were definitely some Gothic buildings, I know that much) burned into my mind, and that's pretty much it. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I did also try the Resident Evil 2 demo a couple of years ago, when I noped right out of there almost immediately :laughing: horror films I'm fine with, but horror in games just isn't something I've had much experience with or exposure to, and I think that's why it gets to me a bit more (also being in control, because you know I'd sprint the other way in a lot of these situations - who wouldn't?!).

Playing The Last of Us for the first time last year was putting myself well out of my comfort zone, but I knew that if I wanted to understand games and my own thoughts on them as a whole better (and experience one of the most critically acclaimed ones out there) that it was something I eventually needed to do, and it's up there as one of my favourite gaming experiences (but screw that hotel basement). The Last of Us Part II got to me much more, I got through it over a few days and remember not sleeping particularly well, though that game felt purposely long and much more intense, and the realism of some of the violence in that game is probably what disturbed me the most. Demon's Souls was taking myself even further out of my comfort zone to experience my first From Software game, and that was a tough one because of how much I perhaps had to unlearn about what many games today tell you to do, so there was certainly a learning curve to it, and coupled with some of the imagery, atmosphere, music, sound design, etc. in that game, it was one I was surprised I ended up loving so much. I think that's why it's so important to always be willing to give things a go, you never know what you'll click with or bounce off of. 

Goodness knows what I'll do when I get around to Bloodborne, though. I'm sure that'll be fun :p

As for how I'm tackling Resident Evil, I've thought about it and read around a bit, but I'm always open to suggestions. My idea was to start with Resident Evil Remake, then play 2 Remake, 3 Remake, 4, 5, 6, 7, and then Village, then likely branch out to other games from there. I'm always willing to give older games a go, and so while Remake might not be the easiest entry point (I have to imagine that 2 Remake or 4 would be?), that's where my mind goes when thinking about where I'll start, and I think it might be tricky to return to after. I know there are the originals for 1 - 3 (I think they're still available on PS3 and PSP/Vita, unless I'm mistaken?), but my concern about reaching that far back to start off is how I'll fare with tank controls, and potentially bouncing off the series if I don't enjoy my experience with them? 

• Thanks 1

#NotMyRE

Chris is all like, a home wrecking son of a gun, "I never use the front door!" kind of ass kicker. TAKE HIM AWAY! *GUN MEETS SKULL*

LOL at this creepy looking thing too. :idea:

My copy was dispatched from Simply Games today. 
Id have loved to have had a Thursday night blast but I have cakes to make after work Thursday and Friday plus most of Saturday so don’t think I’ll get round to a proper session with it until Saturday night. Sometimes I regret starting a cake business. 😁

Still, can’t wait. I’m eating my words after moaning about it when it was unveiled haha. But I always do that with every RE and still buy them. I’ve never not enjoyed a main line RE game, though.

The IGN review was really positive too. Sounds like it has a nice mix of older games within this and the campaign is around ten hours long. With RE though, the achievements often add some length to the game so will see what they’re like. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear everyone seems to be enjoying it. Might even grab it myself at some point.

• Thanks 1

OK. So I watched somebody playing well over one hour of the game. 

The story makes no sense at all. It's a fantasy game, that has a famous name associated with it, in order to sell more copies. It's just so convuluted, because things just happen in scene after scene, and there's no time to really pause and join up the dots. 

However, the game in general is modest fun, gameplay wise.

51 minutes ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

OK. So I watched somebody playing well over one hour of the game. 

The story makes no sense at all. It's a fantasy game, that has a famous name associated with it, in order to sell more copies. It's just so convuluted, because things just happen in scene after scene, and there's no time to really pause and join up the dots. 

However, the game in general is modest fun, gameplay wise.

You don’t like the look of it? You surprise me. 

:blush:

• Like 1

Well, it's not so much that. I've been a fan of the series for over 20 years, but this isn't really indicative of the franchise. 

Yeah. I seen all of the Chris Redfield scenes, as well as the ending and the post credits scene. 

Spoiler

The story makes no sense. It's never explained how Chris knew that the woman at the start was not Mia, but Miranda. He does tell Ethan later on, so they make amends. 

Simply Games have well and truly let me down! No RE today or yesterday! It was dispatched Wednesday morning too :o  

I haven’t had post for days though, so could be a Royal Fail thing. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow. 

• Sad 2

People these days are too easily amused...

I played it up to the castle. Despite the title, this is just not Resident Evil. Yet it is pointless for me to point that out online any more, as there's too many people online shilling for Capcom (elsewhere). Not that I am saying any of us are doing this. After all, I cannot speak for anybody else, but I know better.  

As with a lot of games in the series, they are not bad games, as such. I mean, you can play them and still have a good time doing so, at least somewhat. But if you actually know the story of the franchise and the framework, then yeah. Capcom has really fumbled that ball. The garbage they make up just to continue the saga cheapens the legacy.

The series died with Wesker in 2009. Following that, they have just found ways to keep it going.

6 hours ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

People these days are too easily amused...

I played it up to the castle. Despite the title, this is just not Resident Evil. Yet it is pointless for me to point that out online any more, as there's too many people online shilling for Capcom (elsewhere). Not that I am saying any of us are doing this. After all, I cannot speak for anybody else, but I know better.  

As with a lot of games in the series, they are not bad games, as such. I mean, you can play them and still have a good time doing so, at least somewhat. But if you actually know the story of the franchise and the framework, then yeah. Capcom has really fumbled that ball. The garbage they make up just to continue the saga cheapens the legacy.

The series died with Wesker in 2009. Following that, they have just found ways to keep it going.

I do agree that the game doesn’t feel like RE anymore. That’s been my biggest complaint with the series since 6. Whilst the characters were there in 6, the gameplay was not and it was an overall terrible game. 

5 was incredible and you will all deal. 
:D

I loved that game. Co-op’d it on 360, ps3, Xbox One and PS4 and I’d play it all again tomorrow. 

I just approach it as a different type of game altogether now especially with the newer games playing nothing like old RE games (first person) and I’m ok with it. There’s enjoyment to be had with it definitely. 
I do wish they’d return to their roots although it looks like they’re trying to do that with this game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The few scenes with Chris are just cringey. 

Some story related spoilers are in this tagged section, so only read if you want to...

Spoiler

He didn't want to involve Ethan because he's a civilian. That's the epic explanation. So all this time, the player and Ethan are as confused as heck about why Chris shot "Mia", which was actually Mother Miranda posing as her in order to take his daughter, Rosemary. Unless you're one of the lucky few fans who avoided seeing spoilers beforehand. Mia survives, however, as Chris finds her in a cell later on.

Sign in to follow this