NEurope
Dufniall

Pokémon 25th Anniversary

Pokémon GO Tour 2022

Experience the thrill of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver in a whole new way! In the ticketed version of Pokémon GO Tour: Johto, Trainers will choose between Gold Version or Silver Version to determine their experience of the event, each with exclusive Pokémon as well! Complete event-exclusive Special Research, and test your Pokémon-collection skills. Trading with a friend who chose the other version will be important, just like it was in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver!

https://pokemongolive.com/events/gotour/2022/

That's where the Feb 26th link on the Pokémon Day web page goes to, @MindFreak

Edited by darksnowman
fixed link

But that Johto Tour was announced at least last month so have they just put something more under that banner or? 

21 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

But that Johto Tour was announced at least last month so have they just put something more under that banner or? 

Seems like it. It's the only news on Serebii yesterday under Pokémon GO.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I haven't the foggiest, but on that page, it says the last day to buy a ticket was Feb 26th so I suppose they planned for the Johto Tour to have a promotional slot during the week of Pokémon Day celebrations. ::shrug: 

(And to FOMO stragglers into buying a ticket yesterday...)

I don't know what the general feel about the TCG is here at N-Europe, but did anybody manage to get an Ultra Premium Collection?

I tried so hard but missed out every time.

Finally got around to watching Pokémon Evolutions a few weeks ago, all great stuff. Unova, unsurprisingly, gets one of the stronger episodes, but my absolute favourite is Johto's episode, Episode 7: The Show, which focuses on the Kimono Girls retelling the legends of Johto. 

Genuinely think that might be my personal favourite piece of animated anything from Pokémon. Music is the Kimono Girls theme so, shocker, it's great, but just seeing the reactions of the audience, especially the Pokémon and how they help with the show/watch on/react, and the presentation of the episode is spectacular. 

Totodile has always held a special place in my heart, as I played through Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team as one the first time I played it, but 3:57 of the above is a close second reason for that now :D

Highly recommend checking the series out if you haven't seen it yet, there's some cracking stuff on the Pokémon YouTube channel which deserves more attention (Hisuian Snow has also been good so far, done a really good job of reminding you that these Pokémon are actually wild, and of course there's also PokéToons, which I've mentioned before). Personally, I think Evolutions is a lot stronger than Generations (which I honestly thought was pretty enjoyable) which we got for the 20th anniversary back in 2016.

In any case, I can't wait to see what we end up with for the 30th anniversary!

• Like 1

I think the animated shorts/specials have consistently been stronger then the actual anime series itself, even before these recent made for YouTube vids. (The PMD specials come to mind, even if the EoS one is filled with humongous spoilers) When a plot doesn't have to conform to the formulaic structure of following Ash, it's free to explore the more interesting regional details or Pokémon tidbits the games have established.

Helps that they don't have to get a whole series of episodes out. Hence, the higher quality of animation most of the time.

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Totodile has always held a special place in my heart, as I played through Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team as one the first time I played it, but 3:57 of the above is a close second reason for that now :D

As someone who used it in a lot of my Flipnotes, I can tell you that Totodile and comedy go hand in hand. Everything about it is inherently funny. The design, it's raspy voice, it's hyperactive behaviour. Everything.

There's a reason I immediately decided that I'm choosing Fuecoco in Scarlet. It's basically Totodile 2.0.

I gotta get around to watching Evolutions.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Not an anniversary thing but this is too perfect not to share

• Haha 4
  • Weird 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's to be held in the Trafford Centre.

You when you realised it was Kanto Pokémon only

leslie-angry.gif

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

You when you realised it was Kanto Pokémon only

leslie-angry.gif

OK, I initially reacted with a "Haha" because it's a "Funny because it's true" dig at me.

But I just saw more details and it's dawned on me that you might have been telling me this detail that yes, it is just Kanto Pokémon.

The damn thing's called "Pokémon art through the ages"! Last time I checked, ages didn't omit over 80% of a thing!

So, in other words...

leslie-angry.gif

I'm annoyed.

• Weird 1

Oh yeah I was being absolutely sincere as the official Pokémon account does make it clear it's Kanto only:

I guess they've been around the longest so they're kind of through the ages...

Since we don't have a general Pokémon thread, I'm going to post it here. But Ash is finally retiring, and the new Paldea series will have new protagonists. There will be a bunch of specials for Ash leading up to his retirement. Something not many can say, retiring at 10 years old.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, anyone could see that they were preparing to send him off after that last season finale.

There 1008, and more to see.

To be a Pokémon Master.

(Spoilers to Pokémon SV ‘mons if you haven’t seen them yet).

I love that Snorlax is called Relaxo in the German version.

Feels at this point like we might need a dedicated general Pokémon thread, but anyways...some info on the new animated series is starting to trickle out! 

I think Pokémon's objective is clear: make it easier to empathise with Pikachu by giving him the role of the working man, following on from his work as a detective

Can't wait for Pikatouille, The Electric Mouse of Wall Street, Mad Mice, et al :p

Edited by Julius

30 minutes ago, bob said:

Is that Ash's Pikachu then? Or a different one? 

Seeing as this one's earned the rank of Captain and not freeloading off some 10 year old kid, I'd imagine it's a different one

Unless that's what they want us to think...

bdc03205b926213304eb16570b27eba9.gif

Edited by Julius

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Feels at this point like we might need a dedicated general Pokémon thread

tumblr_oonfiaUVot1wnmshxo1_500.gif

• Haha 1