NEurope
Dufniall

Pokémon 25th Anniversary

Trailer for the next part of Pokémon Evolutions: 

Nice to see Mewtwo as happy as every in that thumbnail

Oh, Mewtwo's in that - my son might want to watch it then. He gobbles up anything Pokémon-related on Netflix at the moment but absolutely loves Mewtwo.

Not sure which is the appropriate thread so I'm going with this one. :laughing: 

Pokemon-day-2022-656x492.jpg

Feb 21st: Pokémon Masters EX -- 2.5th Anniversary Celebration. Sync Pair of May and Latias coming on February 28th.
Feb 22nd: Pokémon Sword & Shield
Feb 23rd: Pokémon Café Mix
Feb 24th: Pokémon Unite
Feb 25th: Pokémon 25 -- Music Video for Reconnect
Feb 26th: Pokémon GO

It's all happening this week!

Edited by darksnowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A lot of people speculating that Sword and Shield are gonna get the new Pokémon and regional variants from Arceus added to it.

It's not gonna be that. As much as I would like that, because it'll mean they'll get some actual usage from me in a battle system that doesn't feel lacking.

It's likely some kind of Mystery Gift or Event Raid.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

A lot of people speculating that Sword and Shield are gonna get the new Pokémon and regional variants from Arceus added to it.

It's not gonna be that. As much as I would like that, because it'll mean they'll get some actual usage from me in a battle system that doesn't feel lacking.

It's likely some kind of Mystery Gift or Event Raid.

Yeah, absolutely agree. If it were going to be an announcement like that, I think it'd be saved for the 27th -- so it'll probably just be an event of some sort. 

What, if anything, do we think we'll see on the anniversary proper on the 27th? Sword & Shield had their DLC revealed a month and a half or so after release (albeit as concept art), so I do wonder if Legends: Arceus DLC is on the cards. That and/or maybe the announcements of mythical events for BD & SP is about as far as my hopes go for the 27th. 

So... I guess that means that we're not getting a Pokemon Day Direct this year then?

Bummer :(

So much for us getting that Explorers of Sky remake any time soon...

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

What, if anything, do we think we'll see on the anniversary proper on the 27th? Sword & Shield had their DLC revealed a month and a half or so after release (albeit as concept art), so I do wonder if Legends: Arceus DLC is on the cards. That and/or maybe the announcements of mythical events for BD & SP is about as far as my hopes go for the 27th. 

Eh, it's been less then a month. Never say never, but I think it's a tad too soon, even for concept art.

BDSP stuff is about as good as I expect it to be, and that's a big if.

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Eh, it's been less then a month. Never say never, but I think it's a tad too soon, even for concept art.

BDSP stuff is about as good as I expect it to be, and that's a big if.

Yeah, that post-launch update is well overdue at this point.  It's pretty crappy that we're 4 months out from launch and the game is still not finished! Where is the damn GTS!? Where is Home support!? Where are the Link Battles!?!?

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I hope you're wrong and it is this. :heh:

I wonder if they will, Pokémon in Arceus can learn moves they otherwise can't. I suppose that's what the whole "Battle Ready" mark is for.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

I wonder if they will, Pokémon in Arceus can learn moves they otherwise can't. I suppose that's what the whole "Battle Ready" mark is for.

Oh no, I'd love to be wrong. I just don't see it happening. Pokémon getting retroactively added to a previously released game would certainly be a first.

The Battle Ready mark is a pretty elegant way of making sure everyone is on a level playing field for competitive battles while still allowing people to use Pokémon from previous games. While also subtlely removing Toxic from lots of Pokémon that could previously learn it.

As for moves that don't exist in the game, they'll just do what they did with the likes of Return and Hidden Power. Have a catch-all description telling the player that the move can't be used and recommends that it be deleted.

7 hours ago, darksnowman said:

It's all happening this week!

Lies! Where the hell is Pokémon Sleep!? :heh:

No seriously... where is it? :laughing:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, that has "Wii Vitality Sensor" written all over it.

It's never gonna wake up.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

It stayed in bed.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

You need to complete Pokémon Smile first

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ike said:

It's a Max Raid Battle Event with the following encounters:

One-Star Ditto, Rookidee, Chewtle, Blipbug, Sizzlipede, and Wooloo.
Two-Star Corvisquire, Dottler, and Sizzlipede.
Three-Star Corviknight, Drednaw, Orbettle, Centiskorch, and Dubwool.
Four- and Five-Star Shiny Gigantamax Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard.

11 hours ago, RedShell said:

With them resting on their laurels and being asleep on the job for decades now, Pokémon Sleep is in expert hands. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Four- and Five-Star Shiny Gigantamax Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard.

This isn't correct.

The shiny rates are standard, according to Serebii.

51 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

This isn't correct.

The shiny rates are standard, according to Serebii.

My bad. I read that you can get shiny versions of those but didn't know it was just at the normal rate. :red:

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

What was the announcement for Pokémon Master sEX?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952142132d5599a5cd17

But actually, think it was this:

and/or this:

• Like 1

Oops, typo.... :D

Cheers. I figured it was very low key as no major outlet reported about it.

Disappointed they went with "Spreading Shadows" and not "Throwing Shade" with James instead. 

Anyone here play Pokémon Unite? Maybe it doesn't have enough sex appeal for people like @MindFreak. :p 

They're doing a Hoopla Pokémon Day Event from Feb 24th-Mar 14th during which you can play with and unlock Hoopla for yourself. It will also be available for purchase from March 3rd.

Edited by darksnowman
updated to eng vids
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't been able to find the Pokémon Go announcement anywhere (checked Twitter, news outlets and Reddit).  Anyone seen it?