NEurope
Dufniall

Pokémon 25th Anniversary

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oh god, major flashbacks!

I had a Charmander one.

Samsies.

Alright song, but it does kinda feel like Pikachu & Pichu are basically just there to photobomb the video.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Alright song, but it does kinda feel like Pikachu & Pichu are basically just there to photobomb the video.

At least they look better then they do in Detective Pikachu. (The movie, before you get clever)

Edited by Glen-i

Are we talking texture or lighting here? Because watching that 20 second sample earlier they look like they didn't even bother trying to make her look like she's in the same place as Katy Perry

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Are we talking texture or lighting here? Because watching that 20 second sample earlier they look like they didn't even bother trying to make her look like she's in the same place as Katy Perry

The texture.

I really don't dig how hairy everything is in that movie. Especially Jigglypuff, a Pokémon that's supposed to have hair so thin, you can't see it with the naked eye.

Edited by Glen-i

Nice song! And I guess if the audience in the video hadn't liked it, she could just have her Pikachu use Thunderbolt on the lot of them! 😈

Edited by Sckewi

The texture.
I really don't dig how hairy everything is in that movie. Especially Jigglypuff, a Pokémon that's supposed to have hair so thin, you can't see it with the naked eye.
Doesn't Jigglypuff have an enormous (definitely visible) tuft of hair on its head?

2 hours ago, bob said:
On 14/05/2021 at 4:16 PM, Glen-i said:
The texture.

Doesn't Jigglypuff have an enormous (definitely visible) tuft of hair on its head?

Yes, but the individual hairs that make it up are so thin, it looks smooth.

Will this was a down on it's luck Jigglypuff. I'm sure she's not using as much conditioner. 

• Haha 1

Pack it up, the celebrations this year can't possibly get better than this :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah that didn't help.

You know Rattata?

Basically that, but way better.

• Haha 1

Okay they probably took it too far:

But on the other hand, I need this:

image-650.png

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You know Rattata?

Basically that, but way better.

Yeah I know Rattata!

But he looks so dumb. What's with all the videos.

On a serious note, who's singing that, she sounds familiar.

30 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

But he looks so dumb.

Bidoof.

• Confused 1

I know there’s a PoGo thread but since there is Bidoof talk going on here I just wanted to say what happened in the game today. 
Bidoof everywhere. Almost every spawn was a Bidoof, over the past days there’s been Bidoof that knows certain more powerful moves and best of all, every raid today was Bidoof. Not just 1* raids, but all raids up to 5* ones. It’s been pretty funny. 
Long live the almighty Bidoof. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah I know Rattata!

But he looks so dumb. What's with all the videos.

Oh, you want some kind of actual answer, fair enough.

Bidoof started off as Diamond/Pearl's Rattata replacement. Early Pokemon that isn't very good, but can learn a lot of HM's, so most people had one. It got a few fans because of how dopey it looks.

But over time, it started garnering more fans due to 2 specfic games.

The first would be the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, where a Bidoof was a large supporting role. Dopey as hell, but in an endearing sort of way. It also had a southern accent for some reason. Anyway that Bidoof was quite popular. The enhanced version of that game, Explorers of Sky, had a selling point of having 5 side stories that followed various NPC's. The first story was about that Bidoof.

Spoiler

Simply put, the Bidoof goes into a cave to ask a legendary Pokemon for a wish to be the best explorer. And at the end of the dungeon, you get the following choice.

yPye2Sp.png

That last option became a bit memetic for obvious reasons.

And just to compound upon that, the next generation (Black/White) came around and gave Bidoof a new ability, Moody.
This ability became quite notorious because Smogon, a community of super serious Pokemon battlers, banned it because it had a chance of raising evasiveness.

So you had this group of super powerful Pokemon deemed too OP for fair competition, and Bidoof.

Naturally, the internet jumped on this, and Bidoof became one of the most popular non Gen 1 Pokemon. It's quite prominent in New Pokémon Snap, so that's kinda reignited it's popularity recently.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

That's actually informative.

Well, FireRed/LeafGreen didn't name a Super Nerd after me for no reason.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1