Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Open World Star Wars Game (Ubisoft)

Exciting... apart from the Ubisoft part.

Finding myself more and more turned off by their openworld game design.

Edited by Ronnie

Well, guess this confirms my thought that Lucasfilm Games was announced so that they could announce games which are in the works but will release after the EA deal, seeing as they only had publishing rights! 

Ubisoft, and Massive Games in particular (online..?), gives me pause, because Ubi certainly wouldn't have been my first choice. 

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't a High Republic game, because that seems like what they're trying to build up to after Mandalorian et al with all the published stuff, The Acolyte, etc., that they've got in the works currently. 

My only experience of Massive is The Division, so its hard to know what to expect, but their world building is very very good, so i have faith there.

I do however wonder what type of game will it be? they've done Assassin's creed before, so will it be a single player like that or will it be more like their most recent foray into GAAS? 

Now GAAS is a wierd one, I love Destiny, The Division not as much, played both and sold them after the first expansion realising everything was a bullet sponge and it wasn't fun. Marvel is the only new GAAS i've played and that as a concept was good, the execution? well dire.

So i don't really want a GAAS.......HOWEVER, Star War's massive online multiplayers have been great, KOTOR is very popular, but having not played it, that's the limit of my experience, but Star Wars Galaxies? now that was fantastic, I put about 2500 hours into that before the NGE ruined my jedi run (was waiting the stranger to put me on the path and left for two months to concentrate on uni and when i came back, Jedi were a crap starting class)

So i'm cautiously optimistic - the dev's world building is top notch and star wars can work well if its either a single player or a multiplayers, so heres hoping this doesn't buck the trend

Sign in to follow this