NEurope
Glen-i

Your 2020 Switch Wall of Shame

So I got an e-mail from Nintendo which gave me details of my Switch activity over the past year.

Which means we can kinda bring back the activity log thread and look on in horror at the regretful things we have spent our free time with.

I don't know if other people can actually look at mine, but here goes...

gJJvIlw.png

Some thoughts of mine:

• I'm willing to bet I'm the only person in the world with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon in their top 4.
  • Yes, seeing 2,273 hours is bloody embarrassing, and that doesn't include my 3DS.
  • I have no idea what happened in April... I bet it was Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It normally is.
  • The 3 games Ninty recommended to me were Minecraft, Mario & Rabbids, and Just Dance 2020. You'd think with the amount I spend on my Switch, they'd be able to give me suggestions that would actually fit...

So go on, have at it. Think you can do worse?

• Thanks 3

Well the page seems to be offline at the moment but I’ll post mine when I can. Let’s just say it’s no where near as high as your numbers @Glen-i but some game came out in March that shot my numbers up lol.  

Cheating by just copy and pasting the information:

15e8a23e-96b3-4280-b01e-41543d48e7a3.png
Your journey with Nintendo Switch began on
27/11/2019

Your most played games in 2020:
f17aa776-5b18-41e6-9b8d-1b400f0a09c5.png
Splatoon™ 2   Luigi's Mansion 3
e152cd28-d3ea-4d24-a221-58babc42ade8.png
Super Mario Odyssey™   Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03 Vehicle Kit

73ed3895-3070-4bcc-94d8-d50241114658.png
Your total hours played:

Your number of games played:
6d56a999-7287-4089-829b-b907320bf9de.png

Display images to show real-time content

26c39fd2-8afc-4128-8cd1-db0cc8cb5fe1.png
You spent the most time playing games on:
Sunday,
12/04
Display images to show real-time content

Your monthly activity in hours
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pmq7613.png xY8DvAF.jpgrUUORGa.png0nompbG.png

B6aqrnS.pngRRIApZq.jpg

That's more time spent playing Switch than I thought TBH.  Surprised to not see Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light on the most played games list! (Though I'm not suprised that SMM2 is top of the list; pretty sure half of my entire playtime was on that one game!).

Considering that I've mostly been playing retro games this year? That's a lot more than what I was expecting!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

This e-mail was on the "Promotions" tab that I never check, so thank you for letting me know!

I'm having a hard time copying the images, but the gist of it is:

• Most played games: Smash Bros. Ultimate, Three Houses, Dragonball FighterZ, Atomicrops (surprised to not see Garou...)
  • 553 hours played (feels ludicrous, but I did still bring my Switch to a handful of Smash Bros. meets this year)
  • 22 titles played, 231/366 days played
  • I have a whopping 86 hours in February, which makes me think... I probably put more hours into DBZ than I realized. Probably that story mode. Second month is November with 63 hours, which does not feel correct...
  • Recommended titles: Streets of Rage 4, Cuphead, Mario Kart 8 (I'm not into Mario Kart, but the other two are fair recommendations)
  • Upcoming games: Bravely Default II, Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter Rise (BDII is basically cheating, Nintendo, come on)

Fun stuff, and surprising data in parts.

By the way, Atomicrops improved a lot since release, hence the extra hours. I probably would give it a 9 if I were reviewing it today.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

Right here’s mine. 
img%5D

img%5D
One of my recommended games is Lonely Mountains Downhill which I have thought about getting. 

• Thanks 2

Apparently I would enjoy a game called Lonely Mountains Downhill, thanks Nintendo? :blank: 

They think I like Adventure, Action, Platformer. Pretty much my exact three genres.

440 hours played this year, but 340 of those were Animal Crossing :laughing:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I did a bad job taking screenshots. ::shrug:

y4mRqUSVVHEX7OAcN_9fpQ9fbPjXIOPteAAvHyy3

y4mnhO1KkWkDBGysjh8_s8Ezxygp1L0CsCYpeWxf

y4mgVriQYMTf6LLunmwnw45EBSCdwkePszHrEpK2

y4mQqumCjEych8r17sRz6oY-Au6_HIvlptudOsUO

Yeah, I won't be playing any of them.

Honestly didn't think I even played that long. Not done with Fire Emblem and Pokemon Sword so they will both probably re-appear next year I'd imagine.

• Thanks 1

I do wonder what my next switch game will be. I was originally planning on picking up Hyrule Warriors at some point but then found out that the parts I was excited for aren't in the game at all.

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Apparently I would enjoy a game called Lonely Mountains Downhill, thanks Nintendo? :blank: 

They think I like Adventure, Action, Platformer. Pretty much my exact three genres.

440 hours played this year, but 340 of those were Animal Crossing :laughing:

Lonely mountains is great! You should consider it in a sale :grin:

• Haha 1

WCFTsJ9.png

Surprised the SNES app was so high here. I've played a lot of SNES games though, I suppose. Nostalgia always wins.

MvjULcl.png

This is actually lower than I expected. Works out at 55 hours a month on average. Too many games started, not enough finished. 

R6xRALH.png

That ANIMAL CROSSING bump. July was when I started spending hordes of cash on Steam, look what it did to my poor baby :eek:

V7Xb87a.png

RPG should be higher. Next year it will be at the top, I'm sure. My backlog of epic RPGs makes me cry. 
Edit: oh, it's in alphabetical order. Ok. 

EyS0Q20.png

No thanks.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Thanks 1

Is there a way to view this in the browser or is it only via email?

Sk-rmbillede-2020-12-27-kl-10-03-53.png 
Sk-rmbillede-2020-12-27-kl-10-04-10.png
Sk-rmbillede-2020-12-27-kl-10-04-21.png
Sk-rmbillede-2020-12-27-kl-10-04-31.png
Sk-rmbillede-2020-12-27-kl-10-04-37.png

Not really surprised by the numbers here, seem to match pretty well. Surprised to see XCom2 there, though. Didn't spend much time on that - I think my playtime on Doom Eternal has surpassed it now.

Edited by MindFreak

16 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Is there a way to view this in the browser or is it only via email?

There was a link to a web page when I got my e-mail, but it seems that it's been removed for some reason. Shame...

Also, we've found 2 people who haven't got Animal Crossing on their top 4!

Edited by Glen-i

I still haven't received my email - I wonder if you have to have had a certain number of hours to qualify?

2 minutes ago, bob said:

I still haven't received my email - I wonder if you have to have had a certain number of hours to qualify?

Obvious response. But have you checked your Junk e-mails?

Here's mine:

EqPJpP2W8AAe58L?format=jpg&name=large

EqPJpYkXIAAHnEo?format=jpg&name=900x900

EqPJpg5WMAAiO3z?format=jpg&name=large

EqPJpqRWMAA22kg?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'll be honest, I'm surprised it's even that high. Can definitely see the Animal Crossing (~50 hours of play) and Xenoblade (~70 hours of play) bumps, though! 

My Switch is in such a weird place. I really enjoy what I do play on it, but I feel like I'm way more selective when it comes to playing things on it when compared with my PlayStation. There are long stretches where it gathers dust, even when there are things I want to play on it. Got to imagine being stuck at home because of COVID probably takes a chunk of time away from it that I might have spent playing it outside...maybe. 

Guess my unofficial aim for 2021 is to get over that hump and play more Nintendo games :p

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I bought the game for my wife but she doesn't really play it. She probably will now that she has started maternity leave.

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I just don't have the time to play it regularly.

I would like to say my top four are all some of the best games on Switch.... umm.....

d3b4105e79e94dd43a788853b9db2b25.jpg

I can’t escape those Paw Patrol anywhere it seems and may be the only time you see them and Mario Odyssey sharing the same screen! It’s only now I realise just how much I may have allowed my young daughter to play on the Switch...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

It’s only now I realise just how much I may have allowed my young daughter to play on the Switch... emoji85.png

Your daughter....sure. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7