NEurope
Beast

Beast's Switch Journey

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I've got Mario + Rabbids for the Switch. It's a good game. It's simple, colourful and fun and the strategy side of things isn't too heavy.

I got Pokemon Sword but my Switch said it can't read the game card. I tried it again and it worked. However, I went back to it earlier and it's not working again so I have to return it. I had a mini heart attack because I was praying it wasn't my Switch, haha. I'm a bit gutted because what I did play I actually enjoyed. Has anyone else ever had that problem before?

Yeah it’s a cart issue. My copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris is troublesome. Usually only works from the 3rd or 4th try of pulling it out and re-inserting it. I always get it working eventually, but maybe you were better off swapping it for another one. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Yeah it’s a cart issue. My copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris is troublesome. Usually only works from the 3rd or 4th try of pulling it out and re-inserting it. I always get it working eventually, but maybe you were better off swapping it for another one. 

Yeah, it's real weird. My other carts work fine (although Fitness Boxing did it once but has been okay ever since) but Pokemon has been quite 50/50 and I don't want to keep inserting the game in and taking it out in case I damage the reader or something.

Animal Crossing has kept me entertained to no ends anyway!

I've bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the eshop because it was on sale. It was between that and Odyssey and chose Kart!

54 minutes ago, Beast said:

I've bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the eshop because it was on sale. It was between that and Odyssey and chose Kart!

Either would have been good personally. Hope you get Odyssey too, it’s a great game. 

Either would have been good personally. Hope you get Odyssey too, it’s a great game. 
I do really want Odyssey. Have done since wanting the Switch but I can get Odyssey easier than Kart for some reason so opted for that instead.

Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here because I'm in two minds. 

So I got the £15 voucher for the Switch and spent £6.50 on the new Battle Pass for Fortnite (don't judge but I really wanted Lara Croft, lmao). I have £10 left (I included my points) and I noticed that Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX are on sale right now, which are on my list. 

I have always wanted portable versions of these so it would be awesome. However, I have the original copies and I have them on PS4. At the time, I really wanted them but now that I have the money, I'm thinking otherwise. What would you guys think? 

Also, is there any clue of what's going on the sale next or is it pretty much a roulette? 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here because I'm in two minds. 

So I got the £15 voucher for the Switch and spent £6.50 on the new Battle Pass for Fortnite (don't judge but I really wanted Lara Croft, lmao). I have £10 left (I included my points) and I noticed that Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX are on sale right now, which are on my list. 

I have always wanted portable versions of these so it would be awesome. However, I have the original copies and I have them on PS4. At the time, I really wanted them but now that I have the money, I'm thinking otherwise. What would you guys think? 

Also, is there any clue of what's going on the sale next or is it pretty much a roulette? 

Now that the music glitch on the PS4 version of VII has been fixed, it all depends on whether you want that portability or not. Seeing as you already have the PS4 versions, the Switch versions won't offer much outside of that.

As for sales, no idea. It's pretty much a roulette.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Now that the music glitch on the PS4 version of VII has been fixed, it all depends on whether you want that portability or not. Seeing as you already have the PS4 versions, the Switch versions won't offer much outside of that.

As for sales, no idea. It's pretty much a roulette.

I think I might give it a miss, honestly. I thought about it and right now, I'm satisfied with VII Remake. Anyway, it's not like it'll never be on sale again! I got X/X-2 Remastered for the Switch at Christmas but that's it.