NEurope
Beast

Beast's Switch Journey

+1 for Astral Chain, I loved that game. I am a sucker for both anime and Platinum games though.. Great score, interesting combat and awesome setting. 

I sure hope you've played it, but if you haven't, Hollow Knight should be the first game you buy on the Switch. Best game I've played in years! 

• Like 1

+1 for Astral Chain, I loved that game. I am a sucker for both anime and Platinum games though.. Great score, interesting combat and awesome setting. 
I sure hope you've played it, but if you haven't, Hollow Knight should be the first game you buy on the Switch. Best game I've played in years! 
I've got it for the PS4 about a month or two ago for free but I haven't played it yet. It looks like a good game.
Not without a 3rd party adapter, like the 8bitdo or Mayflash one.
Ah, okay! I'm really confused at the moment. How do I connect my headset? I have a 3.5mm jack one and I've had people buy them from me for their Switch but...how?

I've been looking for a controller last night and thought I may as well keep it in theme with the Switch I have and get an Animal Crossing one. However, looking at them, they don't have a 3.5mm jack for headphones. I just find it a little bizarre that they wouldn't include that option wireless. baa2e6e35035929cd894096a11c171ea.jpg

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Ah, okay! I'm really confused at the moment. How do I connect my headset? I have a 3.5mm jack one and I've had people buy them from me for their Switch but...how?

In handheld mode you can just plug it in to your Switch.

For docked mode...no idea. I just tried it with my DualSense and the 8bitDo adapter, but if I plug in a headset it doesn't work. Sound is still coming out of the TV.

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

As for a specific recommendations... here's one: Yoku's Island Express is a great indie, being both very unique (it's a pinball platformer, and I guarantee that makes more sense than it sounds), and a very soothing game in general.

Enjoyed the demo during the October sale and plan to get the full game. It seems to go on sale frequently (currently £4) but I think I'll pass for now as I don't think I would immediately play it. As a side note, after playing the demo, I pegged Yoku's Island Express as a game that would be up your alley as there is a hint of Soul Bubbles about it! :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

I pegged Yoku's Island Express as a game that would be up your alley as there is a hint of Soul Bubbles about it! :D 

Yoku's Island Express wishes it was as good as Soul Bubbles. I played Yoku a while back now and found it to be average at best.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jonnas said:

As for a specific recommendations... here's one: Yoku's Island Express is a great indie, being both very unique (it's a pinball platformer, and I guarantee that makes more sense than it sounds), and a very soothing game in general.

Yeah a real gem. Looks gorgeous too

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yoku's Island Express wishes it was as good as Soul Bubbles. I played Yoku a while back now and found it to be average at best.

Flatters to deceive, you reckon? 

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Flatters to deceive, you reckon? 

Pretty much. A lot of people do like the game but it done nothing for me.

@Beast

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Xenoblade Chronicles Deluxe Edition

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (plus the Torna DLC)

Mario Odyssey

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darksnowman said:

As a side note, after playing the demo, I pegged Yoku's Island Express as a game that would be up your alley as there is a hint of Soul Bubbles about it! :D 

Soul Bubbles is a different kind of pleasant (and I believe, also the better game). Soul Bubbles is a cozy game that relaxes me almost instantly, while Yoku's more whimsical and puts a silly smile on my face.

But both of them belong in "pleasant feel-good game" ballpark, yes.

• Like 1

Buy Nintendo Switch Enhanced Wired Controller - Animal Crossing | Nintendo  Switch controllers | Argos

I've bought this today on the sale. It was £15 and it's a Power A wired controller with a 3.5mm jack. It's the only one I've seen with one. I wanted a controller to match my Switch so this was perfect and it comes with a 10ft USB wire too. I plan on keeping the joy-cons where they are unless I absolutely have to use them- just to prevent the stick drift from happening.

Also, my manager has bought me a game. I'm not sure what it is but here's hoping it's something on my list!...speaking of, I've updated the first post entirely with a list of stuff and games I have and want. :)

• Like 1

The Power A pad is by all means as good as the original, so nice get! You'll have to give us a review. I can guarantee it'll be better than they joycons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Buy Nintendo Switch Enhanced Wired Controller - Animal Crossing | Nintendo  Switch controllers | Argos

It doesn't have a single Crocodile villager on it. Garbage design! 1 outta 10. Must do better.

• Haha 1

The Power A pad is by all means as good as the original, so nice get! You'll have to give us a review. I can guarantee it'll be better than they joycons.
I will! I just hope I like Animal Crossing
It doesn't have a single Crocodile villager on it. Garbage design! 1 outta 10. Must do better.
I only know the raccoons, haha. You should make a complaint!

I am absolutely IN LOVE! It's way better than I thought it would be. Now that I have the actual console out, I quite like the design. My controller matches it perfectly too.

My manager has got me Aladdin/The Lion King Collection and it plays beautifully. Played Super Mario 3D All Stars and it looks beautiful and plays even better using the pad. I also found out I could merge my 3DS funds and i may have forgot someone telling me here but I got discounts using Gold points! I ended up buying Just Dance 2020 for £20, Final Fantasy X/X-2 and I'm going to buy Mario + Rabbids in a couple of days.

The controller was very light to hold and first impressions was that it was cheap BUT my opinion very quickly changed when I pressed the buttons and actually used it. It's honestly so comfortable (dare I say more so than a PS4 pad) and the 3.5mm jack works like a dream. For £15 at Game or Argos, I'd very highly recommend it. Heck, I wouldn't have minded it at full price honestly. Also, for anyone wondering, it's wired but the wire is ridiculously long.

My only issue is that it's not straightforward to find things and adding friends via a long-ass code is a ballache. Other than that, I love it. Now all of you add me so we can play shit!

(I don't know how to access my code so you'll have to give me yours )

Also, does the joycons charge when you Dock the screen when they're inserted?

• Like 2

I've added you both! Oh and I know my friend code now as my friend told me and it's been in front of me all along!

0677 6095 9209

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Just something to get you started on filling your friend list @Beast!

Oooooh thank you! I'm officially hooked on Animal Crossing now! I even dreamed of playing it!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Oooooh thank you! I'm officially hooked on Animal Crossing now! I even dreamed of playing it!! 😂

If you're not busy on New Year's Eve, you should consider coming to the N-Europe New Year Countdown gathering I just posted about on the Animal Crossing thread.

It'd be a nice welcoming to the N-E Switch gang.

• Like 1

If you're not busy on New Year's Eve, you should consider coming to the N-Europe New Year Countdown gathering I just posted about on the Animal Crossing thread.
It'd be a nice welcoming to the N-E Switch gang.
That sounds fun. It's my family's tradition to bring the year in together but it would be fun if you meet beforehand!

What time does it start?

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

That sounds fun. It's my family's tradition to bring the year in together but it would be fun if you meet beforehand!

What time does it start?

11pm (That's UK time, so it might be different depending on where you live)

The idea is to bring together some people who might be unable to get together with friends and family to have a chat and count down the new year with others.

If it drives you away from family, then don't feel obligated to join, just letting you know.

On 25/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, Beast said:

My only issue is that it's not straightforward to find things and adding friends via a long-ass code is a ballache. Other than that, I love it. Now all of you add me so we can play shit! emoji23.png

Pro-tip: when you play with anybody online, who's not yet on your Friend List, they will show up on your "suggested friends" list. This should be relevant if you ever play Mario Kart or Smash Bros. with a group.

I'll add you on my own Switch.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

I've got Mario + Rabbids for the Switch. It's a good game. It's simple, colourful and fun and the strategy side of things isn't too heavy.

I got Pokemon Sword but my Switch said it can't read the game card. I tried it again and it worked. However, I went back to it earlier and it's not working again so I have to return it. I had a mini heart attack because I was praying it wasn't my Switch, haha. I'm a bit gutted because what I did play I actually enjoyed. Has anyone else ever had that problem before?