NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Indie World Showcase: 15th December 2020 (17:00 GMT)

I really don't play enough indie games...but excited to watch nonetheless! :p

Would be such a weird move to save Silksong for this and not have it at The Game Awards last week, but then again, considering Nintendo had a big Smash trailer to show off, I get it. 

The wait for a Direct proper...continues :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

Nice! 

Not sure if Silksong is Game Awards material but at the same time it's probably too big for an indie showcase, so maybe have to wait for the usual Jan/Feb Direct (?) to see it. Feels like they're taking their time with it, in a good way!

Edited by Ronnie

Edge magazine seem to be teasing Silksong coverage so it could well show up tomorrow. 

Didn't expect another indie showcase this side of Christmas, I thought the partner showcase was the last thing we'd hear from Nintendo for a while. Don't know what to expect other than Hollow Knight, they always seem to use these to announce new titles rather than give updates about games they've shown off previously.

• Like 1

For reference

Even as a massive Hollow Knight fan I never would have connected the dots but replies seem convinced...

Either that or there's finally news on that fake NX console

• Haha 1

I want to see Alba, mostly because it came out over the weekend and I keep seeing it on Twitter. 

content-4-36398-indieworldbanner.jpg

Indie World Showcase to be broadcast on Tuesday 15th December at 5PM UK time

Up on the main page.

We'll have the full roundup article with the press release etc up on the main page shortly after the event airs tomorrow. :smile:

Zero expectation for this, we'll just see what happens. :peace:

• Thanks 2

Given the Edge cover and such, I expect a release date for Silksong. I don't think it's getting a shadow drop as we've seen nothing at all for a year about the game. Sure, they don't need that much attention but they'd still need to at least show off the game before dropping it. 

Other than that, I haven't been following the indie games much the past half a year or so and thus have no idea what the good stuff that Switch needs is. I hope to get some pleasant surprises. 

• Like 1

If it is shadow dropped, I'm considering it an early Christmas present to myself.

Fingers crossed. :grin:

• Like 1

Spenlunky 1 and 2, hooray!

Finally. It blows my mind that it hasn't been on the Indie machine of this past gen yet!

Summer though?? sigh.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Spenlunky 1 and 2, hooray!

Finally. It blows my mind that it hasn't been on the Indie machine of this past gen yet!

Summer though?? sigh.

Yep, pretty my exact thoughts too :D

Spelunky and Spelunky 2 on Switch? That's a win for everyone. Summer 2021? Why so long a wait..? 

Fisti-Fluffs looked like chaotic fun :laughing: 

Cyber-Shadow looks like way more Yacht Clubs awesomeness, loved the little I played of Shovel Knight a few years back. That pixel art looks so good! 

...how many cat games are we getting? And someone please stop the puns!

Alba: A Wildlife Adventure looks phenomenal though. Love that art style, seems super charming! 

Happy Game was like Inside meets a fever dream. Huh. Count me intrigued. 

When they started showing Super Meat Boy Forever, thought they were going to say "At last Team Meat finally has a release date for this" :laughing: December 23rd though! 

Edited by Julius

Montage time, the true staple of any Nintendo showing :p Hazel Sky and Trash Warriors looked quite interesting though! 

Edited by Julius

Among Us on Switch. Of course!

Shadow droooooop. 

Edited by Julius

Don't think there was a game in there I wouldn't try. Maybe the Japanese visual novel one, can give that a miss.

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Don't think there was a game in there I wouldn't try. Maybe the Japanese visual novel one, can give that a miss.

Gnosia? It's weird because I think it showed poorly, but swear I've heard of or seen it somewhere before. I feel like it was well received in Japan? Got to look it up. 

EDIT: yeah, thought I'd seen it before. It received some great reviews in Japan, got a 10/10 from IGN Japan. Huh. Still think it showed really poorly here, though. 

Edited by Julius

Yeah the Japanese game looked terrible and really out of place. Even their indie games look a gen behind the western studios, not just their AAA stuff.

Shame no Hollow Knight, but it's big enough for a full Direct, if we ever get one of those again! Was also hoping for Steamworld Dig 3, but maybe a bit too soon for that.

Edited by Ronnie

Cyber-Shadow and Alba are the standouts for me, but there were plenty of interesting looking games. Have always wanted to try Spelunky so it might be the right time to jump in when it comes to Switch. 

Among Us is huge for the platform.  Great get!

Cyber Shadow and SMBForever look great! Hard to believe that SMBForever is FINALLY coming out! It’s been... well... forever since it was first announced! 

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Among Us is huge for the platform.  Great get!

Cyber Shadow and SMBForever look great! Hard to believe that SMBForever is FINALLY coming out! It’s been... well... forever since it was first announced! 

It was implied in March 2017 and revealed a little later in 2017. Crazy that it took so long, yeah!

content-4-36399-indieworld15122020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Indie World 15/12/2020 Presentation Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the presentation.

Full press release and video embed.

I had no expectations for this, games were shown, plenty that I probably won't be purchasing, though there's clearly a lot of variety on offer.

Cyber Shadow looks decent. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 14/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, Ashley said:

I want to see Alba, mostly because it came out over the weekend and I keep seeing it on Twitter. 

Damn it I should have asked for Fall Guys too

• Haha 1

Quick thoughts on the games that caught my eye:

• Among Us is quite the catch. Is it compatible with Discord?
  • Spelunky 1&2 are also a pretty vital get. Crazy to think Spelunky 1 wasn't available on Switch yet.
  • Tunche looks lovely. I'm pretty sure I had seen this game before, and thought it was already out. Biggest appeal to me, is how it sets out to represent the culture and region the developers are from (those Amerindian designs look pretty legit to me)
  • Fisty-Fluffs looks dope. Ameowzing, even. This is the kind of fighting game I want to see more of
  • Alba looks really nice, even if it's not quite my type. I'll be keeping an eye, though
  • Happy Game looks terrific. Gotta see if I can buy it before next Halloween
  • Gnosia... This might surprise you, but this was the one that caught my attention the most. The trailer wasn't very good (just a bunch of still shots), but the pitch alone is amazing. A randomized story that lasts 10-15 minutes per playthrough? Simulates a Mafia game, but it's single-player? One of the characters is a Beluga Whale? And another one's called Jonas!? I HAVE to check this one out, everything about it is intriguing.
  • Finally, one of the games on the highlight reel ("When the Past was Around") intrigued me as well. Despite the lack of info, it is now on my wishlist

Honestly, this might just be the most impressive Indie Showcase yet. Heck, when Super Meat Boy and the next game from Yacht Club are among the least notable games in the presentation, you know it's a strong lineup.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not much in it for me (given that I already own Spelunky 2) but a pretty ok showing nonetheless.

Not sure why Dicey Dungeons wasn't shown (unless I missed it)

It's out now.

Sign in to follow this