NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Genshin Impact

Yo people, what's the happy haps? Anyone playing this on PC/Mobile. Figure I'd ask if anyone wants to coop because I'm balls deep in this game and I can't stop. Also I've done literally everything until the December update, so I figure it'd be cool to chill and help people out with bosses etc. 

Anyone for some Genshin a-gogo, baby?

Bumping this thread xD. I don't think @The Bard is active on the board any more, but I'm playing a lot of Genshin these days. I can really recommend it, and if you look away from the gacha and the grinding, the characters, world, story and music is really really good! And it will be huge when it gets all the six expansions. Inazuma is incredible when it comes to visuals and music. 

If anyone is up for some casual co-op or just a good discussion, I'm down :D

On 31/08/2021 at 8:23 AM, ArtMediocre said:

Bumping this thread xD. I don't think @The Bard is active on the board any more, but I'm playing a lot of Genshin these days. I can really recommend it, and if you look away from the gacha and the grinding, the characters, world, story and music is really really good! And it will be huge when it gets all the six expansions. Inazuma is incredible when it comes to visuals and music. 

If anyone is up for some casual co-op or just a good discussion, I'm down :D

Bit of a bump from me too - a good OW friend I met a few years ago got me into this recently. Been playing on my ps4 but found myself really keeping into it lately(party and weps is around 50ish marks; need ascension stuff) and my AR is coming up for 35 soon.

Anyone else on it, on any of the platforms? I'm off on a stag this weekend but gonna be good and not install it on anything portable(very tempted to see if i can make Switch space and take it tho :p) but I'm slowly getting into it with my friend's help. Not felt the need to spend any real money so far as its so damn vast as it is; quite impressed with it as a freemium title for what it is really - some of the philosophy/ideas in it seem to be nice nods too.

Nice to have a fellow Genshin player here :D I'm pretty much up to date on the story, and played so much that I've gotten a bit burnt out. But I'm slowly coming back into the game. Looking forward to a lot of the new banners and getting my primogems done on a daily basis. How far are you in the story? I wouldn't mind hopping in for some co-op one day if I'm not too high level. 

Still a really nice world, and as you say @Rummy, for a freemium game it's incredibly vast as well as easy to play without spending any money at all. My ID is 705388275. Let's play next week after you're done with the stag :D. Also, I hope they manage to release it for Switch soon enough. 

lmao yeah u realused after j left it isnt actually out on switch yet! ironicwlly ine guy brought his ps4....someone might have downloafed genshin onto it last night....

On 1/15/2022 at 7:16 PM, Rummy said:

lmao yeah u realused after j left it isnt actually out on switch yet! ironicwlly ine guy brought his ps4....someone might have downloafed genshin onto it last night....

You okay Rummy? xD

• Like 2

On 17/01/2022 at 1:00 PM, ArtMediocre said:

You okay Rummy? xD

lol uhhh...was maybe in the middle of a stag themed games/DnD that was involving shots on top of...well, Me being called Rummy :p

I've not actually gone home home yet(we finished up monday but i went by my folks, where my ps4 isnt :( ) but probs heading back this eve; do I have you on my ps4 friendlist? Either way I'll add you to my genshin list when I'm on later! It may be a bit....unbalanced you jumping into my world but tbh anything that saves my grind/levels me up faster isn't a bad thing! My OW friend usually comes into my world and smashes bosses and dungeons for me in seconds so I can use my resins and get character equipments :p

What characters do you tend to play and who have been your favourites along the way in the story(obvs maybe be a bit spoiler aware for others)? I noticed some good nods to old school alchemy in the bits of Albedo that I met so far; and it took me a while to notice the level-up gemstones seem to be named after Vedic legends/Gods that I know some of. Character wise I'm still basic - first 4 bu then my mate explained about Babs being free and primogem pulling etc and I've got a few people since then. I'd wanted Razor(and got him) but now not sure as I use Lisa quite heavily - and the reason for that is because I use Babs quite heavily too and Kaeya comes in nice with them too for a little cryo-hyrdo-electro triangle of combos for me to try pulling. I've got Amber in first just for Pyro element but I kinda wanna get someone else(I find the arrow elemental takes a bit too long, plus sometimes I then bloody miss) levelled up. However having just before unlocking all these characters super levelling all my guys I got low on materials :weep: Also the admin of thinking about it is long and I didn't do all that yet lol

I did however also get Pyro wise Bennett and Xiangling - but I remember playing Diluc early in story and wanting him too(maybe I like a Claymore?) but just before I went away last week I had managed to get to play as sweet little Klee and OMG I WANT HER SO MUCH. I just love her story(I've read a bit beyond where I'm at in game) AND her character but most importantly of all - she's a book/catalyst(?) user like Babs and Lisa! A really fun one too! My mate actually hates catalyst users as she prefers to be up close and personal proper smacking you in the face(which also works for OW :p) and knowing it's hitting hard - but I enjoy the quick element inflictions with the catalyst users a bit maybe? Not sure why I've gravitated to Lisa and Barbara but Klee seems to be no coincidence* now I've played her a bit in story :p Don't think I'll be spending real money on it yet(I'm super broke with little income atm, hence why a free game was a good draw :p) but I gotta say...for Diluc maybe not but if I could for Klee...hmm. Ofc - that's where the Gacha gets ya tho.

EDIT:*Actually forgot and just remembered as reading about catalyst users that I got Sucrose too - but tbh I'm no big fan of the Anemo element atm given my Hydro-Cryo-Electro mentioned above.

EDITEDIT: Also just remembered I have the geo claymore lady too, Noelle? Basically haven't touched any levelling for her, Razor, or Sucrose. I think I'll have to decide between Bennett and Xiangling and work on bringing them up soon. The levelling grind is such longtings tho -.-

Haha yeah fuck Amber she is solidly out now(almost regret levelling her!) - not actually utilising Bennett's ult too much so far(coming up for AR35 probs peaking against my world level of mobs) but really enjoying him in my party - myfriend helped smash PyroRegis in seconds last night for a few of the mats I needed:p

Admittedly I set fire to myself a lot and indeed way more than I realise even when I do but I gotta say his charge up explodey blowback isn't too bad for a quick Pyro proc then a switch to Lisa(who moves back a bit spacing when she attacks) for a few Overloaded hits. There's loads of side stuff like hangouts and events etc that I should do and haven't yet - ngl still find the variety of stuff a bit overwhelming. Slowly doing my story stuff - just finished up first bit with the Guaha Geek.

My stance has changed to being a bit 'fuck this game' now. For a very particular reason that almost got me before too.

Co-op lockout with certain 'quests'. I've now been locked out of any online/co-op for about 3/4 days now until I complete the Trials of Tianqui Valley or something like that. It's got 3 towers - one's climbing, one's lighting torches and one....is killing enemies in a time limit with mutation stones. I've done the first and second floor but the third floor is an absolute clusterfuck of shitcuntery. I CANNOT get past it and until I do I can't play ANY co-op. I can't abandon the quest or anything - and the reason I ever HAVE the quest is apparently because I has the absolute sheer fucking audacity of reading a random gravestone whilst out exploring the world in a game made with a massive world for game exploration.

Honestly it's really fucking bad game design to have this, and it's not as if it's unknown. It doesn't endear me to keep grinding just to do this one fucker cos what happens when it comes up AGAIN? For all this shittery I've ended up playing Runescape again(which cost me money and possibly solidified my definitely not spending any potential real money on Genshin ever in the future now, probably).

(this happened to me previously as well but when i was much lower, and when that happened i was able to complete the quests then(one for albedo, the first time you find out about mutation stones, and some dead spirit's lost treasure akin to the one above) but my mate didn't understand it at all and thought i was making it up - also then it ended up being by some weird coincidence every time i finished the supposed quest locking me out it then said another was locking me out, and i had to do essentially all three of the above 'quests' before my co-op came back again)

I remember that quest, and it was not fun =_= And I have no idea why they thought that was a good thing to implement either. Really bad game design. Sorry for being inactive here, there's been a lot of stuff to do at my new job. I've been playing more genshin lately, and it's good to be back again after a long break. If I recall correctly, there are a few quests that force you out of co-op, but none that are as hard as this. Have you tried setting your world rank back a level? Can you do that yet? I hope you figure it out Rummy. 

As for your team, Bennet is known as the only Six star character in the game xD. He's incredible, and is in every team I run. Amber though, ugh... she's best left alone in Mondstadt. She's nice as a character, but none of her abilities are any good in combat. Xiangling is incredible (I use her a lot), as well as Lisa in early game. But if you want to use some strong characters, I would recommend using Sucrose, she's pretty strong, and has a large AOE. But I don't really know that much about what teams are the best or not. 

As for me, I'm a Raiden main, and have unlocked a lot of characters by playing for quite a long time. For my main team I use Xiangling, Raiden, Bennet and Xingqiu. These do a ton of damage if you stack their attacks correctly. Wouldn't mind hopping into your world and helping you out now and again when/if you get past the mission. 

1 hour ago, ArtMediocre said:

I remember that quest, and it was not fun =_= And I have no idea why they thought that was a good thing to implement either. Really bad game design. Sorry for being inactive here, there's been a lot of stuff to do at my new job. I've been playing more genshin lately, and it's good to be back again after a long break. If I recall correctly, there are a few quests that force you out of co-op, but none that are as hard as this. Have you tried setting your world rank back a level? Can you do that yet? I hope you figure it out Rummy. 

As for your team, Bennet is known as the only Six star character in the game xD. He's incredible, and is in every team I run. Amber though, ugh... she's best left alone in Mondstadt. She's nice as a character, but none of her abilities are any good in combat. Xiangling is incredible (I use her a lot), as well as Lisa in early game. But if you want to use some strong characters, I would recommend using Sucrose, she's pretty strong, and has a large AOE. But I don't really know that much about what teams are the best or not. 

As for me, I'm a Raiden main, and have unlocked a lot of characters by playing for quite a long time. For my main team I use Xiangling, Raiden, Bennet and Xingqiu. These do a ton of damage if you stack their attacks correctly. Wouldn't mind hopping into your world and helping you out now and again when/if you get past the mission. 

Haha no worries - these are forums, not your phone - it's made with people on their own time in mind ;)

World Level - nada, ofc already considered that. I'm Level 3 worldwise, and you can only step down when you're WL5. In some ways the good thing is I haven't; ascended to 4/AR35 yet cos I'd be even more fucked then probably being relatively at the bottom. What's super annoying is I wanted to try that prop hunty event mode in past week or two and I can't even matchmake for that. It's really, really, really, really REALLY fucking bad design. Making your own game cockblock your players is a fucking madness - and it's really really turned/turning me off.

I'd like to level more of the team - but tbh until this I can't afford it. You mention Raiden, I haven't quite left Liyue yet but I'm presuming given what I know of Inazuma and the Shogun that you're referring to a few things in that area. Maybe one day I'll be allowed out of Tianqui Valley but until then, presume me dead and gone. My characters can rot to skeletons there for all this fucking game is doing for me with it. It's almost a troll in itself to test how much people will keep playing - I intend to maybe beat it but I'm in no rush. After that also fuck the game next time it even tries to mug me off this is real fucking last straw this fucking shit. I realise how mad I sound to anyone not in it but srsly...it's shocking to see in a game these days; especially when it could be adjusted etc. Maybe I'm just some shitty western gweilo who doesn't know the way of the old masters but even so...fuck you and your old masters! Make better fucking games! This ain't a fucking SNES or Mega Drive era patch that shit you dickshits.

Holy shit, I check in two years later and people are actually playing. 

My UID is 704333082

Username Orion. Add me, we should coop sometime. If pressed I might tell you the obscene amount of money I've spent on this game, although you'll probably be able to tell that from my showcase anyway. 

You came here a bit too late @The Bard :heh: I've had my fill of the game. I managed to get to the point where everything revolved around grinding and doing the same chores each day, and I don't have the time for it. Love the game, the art style, the characters and the story, but I just don't have time to level up everything the game wants me to level up. If it'd only been one level for characters, talents and weapons, I'd be super down with that. But the whole "you need to level up 5 good artifacts per character, and the artifacts are all random, oh and did we mention that the traits you get from leveling up the artifacts are all random too?" Ugghhhhhh, so annoying. Not my cup of tea. 

I think I'll hop in and play through the archon quests and the main story line from time to time, but I've lost all motivation to do events, daily grinds and especially artifact hunting. Not gonna bother.

Fair enough. Even though the end game content is sparse, I'm eager every time spiral abyss resets so I can try it with different team compositions amd builds. 

I agree with you that there is a lot of prohibitive bullshit in it. And that's largely to do with artifact RNG. But I'm a stubborn bastard and I've got 40 crit value artifacts on practically all my showcase characters. I've never really played a game with combat and team building quite like this. I genuinely love the game. 

Just now, The Bard said:

@ArtMediocre Fair enough. Even though the end game content is sparse, I'm eager every time spiral abyss resets so I can try it with different team compositions and builds. 

I agree with you that there is a lot of prohibitive bullshit in it. And that's largely to do with artifact RNG. But I'm a stubborn bastard and I've got 40 crit value artifacts on practically all my showcase characters. I've never really played a game with combat and team building quite like this. I genuinely love the game. 

Edited by The Bard

Sign in to follow this