NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aneres11

Back 4 Blood (basically, Left 4 Dead 3)

Spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead, from Turtle Rock Studios who developed the first Left 4 Dead game. 

Hyped. :bouncy:

Me too! Loved Left4Dead 2 and this looks like more of that, with added boss-type creatures. So weird to not just make it Left4Dead 3 and use the name for some guaranteed sales.

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Me too! Loved Left4Dead 2 and this looks like more of that, with added boss-type creatures. So weird to not just make it Left4Dead 3 and use the name for some guaranteed sales.

I think the name belongs to Valve who have shelved it? I could be wrong I don’t know the ins and outs. 
Think of this as the Yooka Laylee to Banjo haha. 

• Thanks 1

Turtle Rock Studios is the studio who developed L4D. Valve bought them, published the game, then after the 2nd, the studio became independent again, for reasons I don't know. I think they wanted more freedom to develop the games they wanted. They don't have the rights to the franchise.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully the character designs can be improved. One thing about the originals is that the characters are very recognisable so don't get "lost" in the zombies. This footage makes it hard to tell them apart at times.

So as the open beta starts in a few days time (12th-16th August) but there was early access over the past weekend for those who have pre-ordered or received free invite codes.

Opinions seem mixed from those who got into the early access. But I'm hoping to get my Left 4 Dead group to partake in the early access at some point over the coming weekend to see for myself.

Also, it's no secret it's coming to Game Pass on Xbox and PC day 1.

It's live, but not really, seems as though the servers are struggling to cope. I tried a few times but I can't even join the matchmaking pool. But I shall try again tomorrow morning hopefully when it's more quiet.

Sign in to follow this