NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CrowingJoe79

Franchises they offed...

Greed? Fate? Science? :cry:

Just what went wrong, eh? :p 

Name some popular franchises you really enjoyed over the years, that you consider to be all but D-E-A-D today...

It would be inaccurate to say Resident Evil is dead, because it's not. However, Capcom has messed it up quite a bit. To me, the remakes of 2 and 3 were crap. That's my opinion, anyway.

I suppose another dead franchise is Friday the 13th, since they ended the mainline series with the one where Jason fights Freddy. The 2009 one was actually a reboot. It was crap.

It's really sad when great franchises go bad. Like with Alien, they messed it up. They were even considering doing a sequel with Ripley and Hicks, where Hicks was obviously still alive...

I am glad they decided against that. However, I'm sure there's countless other examples of franchises, both in the movies industry and the gaming community. Everything gets milked.

Have new ideas - PLEASE! 

:idea:

• Like 1

Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Conker, Blast Corps, Viva Pinata.

Then again, after Battletoads, they may be better off if Microsoft don't use those IPs. 

There also hasn't been a new Burnout after Paradise (one of my favourite games ever).

• Thanks 1

Silent Hill or Dino Crisis. I love them two. I'd love to see updated graphics of these games!

Sign in to follow this