NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Project 007 (Bond game from developers of Hitman)

Oddly I was thinking about James Bond games yesterday, how modern shooters aren't really like GoldenEye, and they a more modern Bond game should be similar, but with multiple approaches to take for each objective - shooting, sneaking, disguises, bagging your way in - a little bit like Hitman.

It seems someone read my mind and made it happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Strangely, I too was thinking about Bond games recently. After playing the latest CoD and feeling like it played like a modern day Bond game, it definitely made me ponder on why it's been so long since there has actually been a decent one. 

Looking forward to seeing more about this. 

Has there ever been a non-FPS Bond game? I obviously love Goldeneye but I would hate to think that's the only kind of Bond game we get from now on.

10 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Has there ever been a non-FPS Bond game? I obviously love Goldeneye but I would hate to think that's the only kind of Bond game we get from now on.

From Russia With Love was 3rd person. Blood Stone was half driving and half third person.

• Thanks 1

I'd love a Bond game where you just sit and fill out paperwork at a desk.

Also, I Expect You To Die is a Bond themed escape room game for VR headsets, and is very good.

@bob I like this.

I'd like a Bond game with a character creator screen, where if you make Bond anything other that white male you spend the next 30 hours getting abused by Daily Mail readers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Water, meet fish.

Couldn't think of a more natural fit between developer and licensed IP.  Massive potential for greatness here! :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Water, meet fish.

Couldn't think of a more natural fit between developer and licensed IP.  Massive potential for greatness here! :D 

Yep, exciting stuff. :) 

Although it’s probably a good few years away at this point. :hmm: 

45 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Water, meet fish.

The more I think about it the more excited I am. I'm a big Hitman fan, and I'm not saying that they will necessarily just do a hitman game and swap out Agent 47 for Bond...  but you could. I know I'd play it. It might even improve - one criticism I have of the hitman series a criticism I have is that it has a strange tone, formerly po-faced serious, they now seem to have a weird silly sense of humor that intercuts terribly with the dark nature of your work. Its uneven and out of place for me. 

But the tone of Bond - well its so well defined that I imagine there's a brand guideline somewhere. Crank up the cool, top up the production values, get a funky soundtrack. Fast cars, sexy ladies, evil bad guys. No reason you couldn't do Bond's in other eras as well.

On 19/11/2020 at 3:51 PM, bob said:

I'd love a Bond game where you just sit and fill out paperwork at a desk.

Also, I Expect You To Die is a Bond themed escape room game for VR headsets, and is very good.

A prequel where you're applying for your license to kill and it's a really tedious government form.

Sign in to follow this