Sign in to follow this  
Will

Christmas 2020

Recommended Posts

Today we put up our tree and set up the train set. I’m very ready for Christmas this year but it’s going to be a bit of a weird one.

We’d been planning to go back to the UK but have now cancelled this. I’m pretty upset by that but we’ll make the most of Christmas here and then travel back whenever we can next year. At least it will be cheaper I guess.

As a new addition to the tree I bought some smart tree lights this year - they’re great! Various different designs to pick from and they work really well to make the tree something a bit special - I thoroughly recommend them.

So what have you all got planned? Are your Christmas lists ready yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Will said:

Today we put up our tree and set up the train set. I’m very ready for Christmas this year but it’s going to be a bit of a weird one.

We’d been planning to go back to the UK but have now cancelled this. I’m pretty upset by that but we’ll make the most of Christmas here and then travel back whenever we can next year. At least it will be cheaper I guess.

As a new addition to the tree I bought some smart tree lights this year - they’re great! Various different designs to pick from and they work really well to make the tree something a bit special - I thoroughly recommend them.

So what have you all got planned? Are your Christmas lists ready yet?

You've broken the first rule of a post saying your tree is up. Pics required! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming people are allowed to visit other homes again by Christmas then I think my sister and her family should be round. I need to start buying Christmas presents soon but as usual I have no idea what to get anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

You've broken the first rule of a post saying your tree is up. Pics required! 

It was a calculated error to make sure I had an additional excuse to post in here. Daytime pic below:

872A9D51-2C76-4E32-A5A7-8CF018354D94.jpeg.62c5d011b1937be7f38eed31633cb05b.jpeg

Once it gets dark I’ll try to show how the smart lights work.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in, possibly ever, we’ve actually started planning what Christmas presents to get people in November (as opposed to the December last minute panic! 😃).

What we actually do for Christmas or how we see our families is still very much tied into how many people will be allowed in a household.  We’re going on the assumption that it will be a maximum of 6, so this will be at least three trips to be able to see all close family members.

Nice tree though @Will 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea. Presume it will be at my mom's or nan's but will see. Apparently my mom is already planning for me to hire them all and claim it as a "work meeting" if bigger gatherings aren't allowed but it would be 6 of us anyway.

Did however get a very early Christmas present from my bosses the other day. Turned up at my nan's house (where I've registered my business as I'm always moving) and it was only days later when my mom went down that she could read the invoice well enough to spot the names of the bosses. Provided a little mystery for a while as to where this John Lewis hamper had come from! Least that's some of the Christmas day food sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a sample of the smart lights for our tree. They’re these Twinkly Lights if anyone wants some.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will put up my Christmas tree in about a months time. It's too early now for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here although this year, I'm going to buy some decorations a little earlier. Three guesses what theme I'm going for?...okay, it's obviously a Disney one. I'm also going to get myself a stocking...I've never had a stocking and I want to try and get myself into the Christmas spirit this year.

As for my list, I'm buying myself Klonoa on the Wii and I might get myself Spiderman: Miles Morales or Assassin's Creed Valhalla for the PS4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beast said:

Same here although this year, I'm going to buy some decorations a little earlier. Three guesses what theme I'm going for?...okay, it's obviously a Disney one. I'm also going to get myself a stocking...I've never had a stocking and I want to try and get myself into the Christmas spirit this year.

As for my list, I'm buying myself Klonoa on the Wii and I might get myself Spiderman: Miles Morales or Assassin's Creed Valhalla for the PS4. 

Personally I thought it was going to be a homage to all the horrible bosses you've had during the years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2020 at 9:28 PM, Ashley said:

Personally I thought it was going to be a homage to all the horrible bosses you've had during the years. 

That's not a bad idea but I think 2020 has been depressing enough already, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone said Christmas. So I'm here.

Normally Christmas decorating for us would be this weekend, as we don't tend to do it more than a month before, but its 2020 and everyone gets a free pass. This year we've been trying to decorate all rooms, not just the living room, to give a bit of cheer as its been a rough one for both of us. 

We've still got a few more decorations to get as we had to chuck out a crap load of stuff this year (damaged or cheapy). 

AAiwJOp.jpg

5erA8oH.jpg

d0EEIcS.jpg

W1aKO5R.jpg

jMIVWhE.jpg

The reindeer is my favourite, we gave him a name once, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. We bought him as a joke about three years ago, but he's grown on us. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made baby handprint baubles to send home for the family, it was... interesting. Seems to have worked out OK in the end but you wouldn’t know we spend multiple days re-doing and cleaning them off to get something close to a hand on them. They better be happy with them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this