NEurope
Will

Christmas 2020

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm sorry, I feel like I've hijacked this thread with Switch talk, haha.

Pretty sure no one's mad :D
This is a video game forum after all.

And this thread derailed in a positive way :p

• Like 1

It's great jumping into a console a few years later, there's tons of great games to play. Like @Vileplume2000 says don't miss Mario + Rabbids @Beast, and don't let the Rabbids scare you off. It's a brilliant game.

• Like 1

Pretty sure no one's mad
This is a video game forum after all.
And this thread derailed in a positive way
That's good because I've bought Super Mario 3D All Stars and I was honestly living my best life. My inner child was buzzing!

I also got a Mario carry case cheap as well. I think I'm going to get Just Dance 2020 or 2021 as well.
It's great jumping into a console a few years later, there's tons of great games to play. Like [mention=2286]Vileplume2000[/mention] says don't miss Mario + Rabbids [mention=3591]Beast[/mention], and don't let the Rabbids scare you off. It's a brilliant game.
Funnily enough, I did pick it up but they said it was a download code only and I very much prefer owning the physical version.

Oh, by the way, I've got Tapatalk so here is the version I got.29f01ee275bcc9732b00eee213159827.jpg

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got the family presents sorted:

For my wife, an Apple Watch:
MTU22_VW_34FR+watch-40-alum-silver-nc-se_VW_34FR_WF_CO_GEO_US?wid=1400&hei=1400&trim=1,0&fmt=p-jpg&qlt=80&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1566449898869,1604710433000

For my son, this Jumperoo:
71wB94Y3YyL._AC_SX679_.jpg

And for me, a new model train:
2D-019-003-LN_3266265_Qty1_1.jpg

For my parents my sister and I went halves on an iPad, their’s is pretty old and we thought they should have a better one given how much we FaceTime now. I also picked up these interesting glasses that flip your left and right eye for my dad. They make stuff far away seem to be close and stuff close seem to be far away, quite excited to see how they turn out.

• Like 1

My Christmas lights broke, so I got some new ones. Can be controlled by phone, and has an option for reacting to music

I was thinking about those this year, perhaps a purchase for Christmas 2021 as they look very cool! 

For £18, I'm quite impressed. I was expecting just the whole lot to flash at once, not in a pattern like that. 

My main presents were made with lots of talent from @Eenuh

Spoiler

Got a nice frame and very nice printing on some fancy paper, A3 picture in an A2 frame.

gaue3-Ai-4-GHlbym-Ubz-Vib9-Ihmg-Ijdsevmv

Also a shadow box version, with our original engagement rings (I got some polished titanium versions as the gold on gold plated titanium rings unfortunately isn't super durable).

RSj-EHKAr-Ddu-C5bw2uu-BBm-EQ4e-Kq-Z6hs-K

Incredible work from Ine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Did anyone else at first think the rings were the cats...? Was trying to figure out how you wear them. 

It looks great though Cube, I'm sure she'll really like it ☺️

• Like 1

Those lights look amazing to just have as LED lights around the room! I wonder if you could do that somehow...

@Cube, I think she will really like those gifts. @Eenuh, those pictures are stunning! I love it!

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Did anyone else at first think the rings were the cats...? Was trying to figure out how you wear them. 

That was exactly what I thought at first, reminded me of Ring Raiders...

RingRaidersPlane1.JPG

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Those lights look amazing to just have as LED lights around the room! I wonder if you could do that somehow...

The ones I got allow you to do exactly that. However you set them up they just re-sync in the position and you send whatever pattern you want to them. Given how good they’ve been so far I think I’ll buy more next year and have them on the tree and wall all in sync.

Its going to be a little different this Christmas for me and my partner, mainly because we've spent the last month looking for a new flat after our downstairs neighbour pretty much made living in our current place uninhabitable due to him taking offence to us simply walking from one room to another.

We've got a new place sorted but can't move in till the end of January so we moved in with my partner's sister/my sister in law last week for the next month. A bit tight but as we were going to be staying Christmas through New Year regardless, its fine. So we'll just be doing what we were going to do but as temporary lodgers for a bit till our new place is renovated.

We'd all agreed to not go over board this year with gifts but as we've all started putting things under the tree, presents have just consumed the corner of the room that the tree sits in. So much for keeping it simple :laughing: the same goes for the decorations my sister in law has put up. Think she's gone a bit crazy with stuff as there's stickers on the windows, stuff all over the walls and fireplace and a massive tree.

Probably the first time in a while that I'm looking forward to Christmas though. The run up to Christmas has been a bit rough this year but there's been no family health issues or otherwise this year which has put Christmas in a better light so looking forward to spending it with the family and just enjoying some time with my partner as Shell be finishing her 5th night shift in a row on Christmas Eve and it's been a bit since we've been able to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet.

My partner and I always budget to get one thing for ourselves before Christmas and this year I'm refraining from spending money on this to sit alongside my Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collectors Edition and Art book at the new flat:

51NJKLfCJyL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Love the game but really trying to find ways to not justify spending the money on it. I know its Christmas but... I'll probably end up buying the damn thing won't I. Its either that or some more games and to be honest, with moving soon I don't really know how much time I'd get to play things. Hmm...

• Like 1

I finally finished wrapping all of my gifts last night. Not pictured: the two gifts that didn't arrive in time for Christmas. :cry:

Ow2zYNp.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas everyone. Drink, be merry and just have a great day whatever you're all doing :santa:

• Thanks 1