NEurope
Will

Christmas 2020

I've never been that much into the Christmas "spirit" (well, as a kid, of course).
This year is no different.

I am, however, looking forward to spending time with my family and eat LOTS of tasty food.
My sister will cook for us on Christmas Eve (roulades, roast beef) and my mom will provide us with food on Christmas Day (rabbit) and Boxing Day (potato salad). Gotta have two or three days of fasting before that :D 

Got all Christmas presents sorted. My sister would like some play time for World of Warcraft, her boyfriend will "just" get some money as he'll build a new PC next year and my mom will get a toaster, egg cooker and and electric kettle. :) 

I already got my present: The PS5 :D 

All in all: For me, Christmas is "just" another weekend I spend time with my family. They are much more invested in the "formalities" than I am, but I can indulge in them at least for a bit, too.

So guys, I've been really craving for a Switch since playing one at work! I want the standard one, not the Lite, but I want a good deal. I want Super Mario 3D All Stars, Super Mario Maker 2, Aladdin/Lion King and Super Mario Oddysey. Are there any other games you'd recommend? 

8 hours ago, Beast said:

So guys, I've been really craving for a Switch since playing one at work! I want the standard one, not the Lite, but I want a good deal. I want Super Mario 3D All Stars, Super Mario Maker 2, Aladdin/Lion King and Super Mario Oddysey. Are there any other games you'd recommend? 

Presuming you've played the main Wii U games, I'd recommend Splatoon 2 and and Octo DLC.

I'm not sure what my plans are for Christmas right now. Either I'm seeing my mum after my sister has visited or we're going to be left at home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

The two I’d say are essential additions are Mario Kart and Zelda.

• Like 1

And sticking with the Mario theme, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is pretty fun if you're into strategy games, and can be picked up for cheap quite often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

Are there any other games you'd recommend? 

Let me think...there's one particular game I keep recommending. Can't remember...

Oh, yeah:

Vroom in the Night Sky

BUY SLAY THE SPIRE!

• Like 1

I can't insert the image but I bought the Animal Crossing version of the Switch. I've not had much experience of Animal Crossing but I wasn't keen on the DS game. I've heard this is supposed to be different though. I didn't actually care because everywhere didn't have any of the red/blue or grey ones in stock. Also, it goes with my limited edition consoles so I can't complain.

Is Super Mario Oddysey any good? 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

It's too easy but a solid game.

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's too easy but a solid game.

Is it like Galaxy where you have to collect all the stars? Bloody love that game! 

Just now, Beast said:

Is it like Galaxy where you have to collect all the stars? Bloody love that game! 

You collect Power Moons and there a an estimated 6 million of 'em. Nah, there are 880 unique moons. :p
Personally, I found the entire game way too easy, but it is a fun platformer. I mean...it's Nintendo, so you usually know what you can expect.

For me, Odyssey is far from the best, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yes, but a lot better than Galaxy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cube said:

I agree with this, and I say that as someone that absolutely loves Galaxy.

Mario Odyssey is one of the best games ever made, you should absolutely pick it up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beast said:

It got 10/10s from most sites.

c7bmario.jpg

As @drahkon says, "a solid game".

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cube said:

Bold words! I absolutely love Galaxy and still play it to this day! I'll definitely pick it up in yours and everyone's recommendation.

I'm so happy because I have £70 to play with. I really want to get Mario 3D All Stars and hopefully I'll be able to find Oddysey cheap too! I'll have Animal Crossing, Mario 3D, Oddysey and (hopefully) Lion King/Aladdin! 

Do you like Animal Crossing? 

6 hours ago, Beast said:

I'll have Animal Crossing, Mario 3D, Oddysey and (hopefully) Lion King/Aladdin! 

All those for 70 bucks?
You'll be lucky if you find one of those Nintendo games and Lion King/Aladdin for that.

Also: Don't listen to @Cube and @Will, they don't know what they're talking about. Galaxy is better than Odyssey :p

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

All those for 70 bucks?
You'll be lucky if you find one of those Nintendo games and Lion King/Aladdin for that.

Also: Don't listen to @Cube and @Will, they don't know what they're talking about. Galaxy is better than Odyssey :p

Animal Crossing is already crossed off as I got it with the limited edition console (which everyone I know who is a gamer went crazy for), Odyssey is something I badly want BUT 3D All Stars takes priority, which I saw for £35 in (I want to say) Sainsburys and Lion King/Aladdin is £20 in my shop to which I'll get a discount, probably. I can definitely make it work somehow, haha.

Basically, I want any Mario title, Luigi's Mansion 3, Lego Harry Potter, Doom, Just Dance 2018-2021, Kingdom Hearts (which I did not know was on the Switch and has now made it on my list!!!!) and Ghostbusters (to complete my collection as I have most of them on all consoles)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

No, we all hate it. :p

Oh, damn! Do you all still play?! It sounds dumb but this game looks a bit confusing to me, LMAO. 

I literally told people I got the AC version of the console and they're all like "What the fuck?!" haha. Even my manager was like "that's brilliant!" but I just wanted a bloody Switch! 

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Animal Crossing is already crossed off as I got it with the limited edition console (which everyone I know who is a gamer went crazy for), Odyssey is something I badly want BUT 3D All Stars takes priority, which I saw for £35 in (I want to say) Sainsburys and Lion King/Aladdin is £20 in my shop to which I'll get a discount, probably.

Well...this is information I didn't know.
Ok then, it might actually work :p

By the way, there's a huge sale going on in the eShop. Not sure how much you're into digital versions of games and indie games, but there are quite a few great titles up for grabs.

Deku Deals helps a lot with finding something :)

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

Just now, drahkon said:

Well, if my plan comes together it will and I'll be buzzing! Luigi's Mansion 3 looks insane though. Why are there so many good games?!?!

• Like 1

Just now, Beast said:

Why are there so many good games?!?!

Tell me about it...
On my Switch I usually just play indie games as Nintendo's offering in recent months has been quite disappointing (to me, people, to me...lower your pitchforks :p) but still...lots of games I played and want to play on that console.
And now with the PS5 it's going to get even worse :(

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

By the way, there's a huge sale going on in the eShop. Not sure how much you're into digital versions of games and indie games, but there are quite a few great titles up for grabs.

Deku Deals helps a lot with finding something :)

Not hugely digital unless it's something that's too good to miss but I'll definitely check it out. I also need to get the online for it as well because I'd love to play some SNES games on it and fly to my friends' islands on Animal Crossing. 

I also need to get the online for it as well because I'd love to play some SNES games on it and fly to my friends' islands on Animal Crossing. 

You could try to set up a family online subscription with friends. Saves you some money :)

unless it's something that's too good to miss

Hades and Slay the Spire are both on sale and I will eat your Disney movie collection if you don't buy them :p

• Like 1

Just now, drahkon said:

Tell me about it...
On my Switch I usually just play indie games as Nintendo's offering in recent months has been quite disappointing (to me, people, to me...lower your pitchforks :p) but still...lots of games I played and want to play on that console.
And now with the PS5 it's going to get even worse :(

Oooooh I can see the dilemma. I'm more than happy to wait for a few years for the PS5 like I did with the PS4, even though it's stunning. I've been so surprised as to what's come out on the Switch that it's blown my mind! There's a boxing fitness game I played on the Wii over lockdown and there's it's own Switch version but with songs! Definitely after that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

You could try to set up a family online subscription with friends. Saves you some money :)

Hades and Slay the Spire are both on sale and I will eat your Disney movie collection if you don't buy them :p

Slay the Spire was recommended by another person here so that's on my list of games to play, haha. I'll check out Hades too.

I'm sorry, I feel like I've hijacked this thread with Switch talk, haha. This is actually the first time in a long time where I'm truly excited for Christmas for the first time in a while so it was a big deal to me, lol.

• Like 1