NEurope
Julius

Nioh Collection (5th February 2021)

Salutations to all of our demon slaying samurai and ninjas! We hope you’re enjoying your way through the latest DLC expansion for Nioh 2, Darkness in the Capital. While I’m sure you have your hands full with all of the challenging bosses and missions, not to mention the new difficulty level, we’ve been diligently working to bring you more Nioh content.

The thrilling conclusion to the Nioh 2 story and the third and final DLC expansion-The First Samurai, will be available on December 17, 2020*. Brace yourselves to take on some of the most challenging missions and formidable foes in the entire series, along with an added difficulty level that will give even the most seasoned veterans a run for their money. While you still have some time to prepare for this climactic expansion, I wanted to provide a bit of story context to give you a hint as to what awaits you in this next DLC installment.

A flash of light from Sohayamaru whisks the protagonist back to the past as a Visitor for the third and final time. They are brought back to the place their mother spoke of when they were very young, the land of the fabled youth that defeated an oni. Otakemaru’s past, the secret of Sohayamaru, and the truth behind the first samurai. All of these mysteries will be revealed, and the protagonist’s long journey will finally come to a climactic end.

As we approach the release of this third DLC expansion for Nioh 2, I am happy to announce that we will be releasing several titles to celebrate the series and give new fans a way to experience the entire Nioh story, from Nioh to Nioh 2, on PlayStation 5.

On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:

- Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
- Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)

All of the titles available on PlayStation 5 will support 4K resolution for crystal clear visuals, up to 120 FPS gameplay** for silky smooth combat, ultra-fast load times and the ability to transfer your data from the PS4 versions to pick up your journey right where you left off.
Pre-orders for Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition, Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition, Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition and The Nioh Collection will begin on Friday, November 20, 2020 on PlayStation Store at midnight per your local time zone.
For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take:

- Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
- Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.

• Like 1

Salutations to all of our demon slaying samurai and ninjas! We hope you’re enjoying your way through the latest DLC expansion for Nioh 2, Darkness in the Capital. While I’m sure you have your hands full with all of the challenging bosses and missions, not to mention the new difficulty level, we’ve been diligently working to bring you more Nioh content.
The thrilling conclusion to the Nioh 2 story and the third and final DLC expansion-The First Samurai, will be available on December 17, 2020*. Brace yourselves to take on some of the most challenging missions and formidable foes in the entire series, along with an added difficulty level that will give even the most seasoned veterans a run for their money. While you still have some time to prepare for this climactic expansion, I wanted to provide a bit of story context to give you a hint as to what awaits you in this next DLC installment.
A flash of light from Sohayamaru whisks the protagonist back to the past as a Visitor for the third and final time. They are brought back to the place their mother spoke of when they were very young, the land of the fabled youth that defeated an oni. Otakemaru’s past, the secret of Sohayamaru, and the truth behind the first samurai. All of these mysteries will be revealed, and the protagonist’s long journey will finally come to a climactic end.
As we approach the release of this third DLC expansion for Nioh 2, I am happy to announce that we will be releasing several titles to celebrate the series and give new fans a way to experience the entire Nioh story, from Nioh to Nioh 2, on PlayStation 5.
On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:
- Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
- Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)
All of the titles available on PlayStation 5 will support 4K resolution for crystal clear visuals, up to 120 FPS gameplay** for silky smooth combat, ultra-fast load times and the ability to transfer your data from the PS4 versions to pick up your journey right where you left off.
Pre-orders for Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition, Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition, Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition and The Nioh Collection will begin on Friday, November 20, 2020 on PlayStation Store at midnight per your local time zone.
For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take:
- Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
- Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.

Who boy. I skipped on Nioh 2 as I hadn't fully recovered from Nioh 1 and had too much on at the time. Will definitely be interested in a 120fps version!
Didnt see a mention of if you own the first game and if there is a free upgrade path though...

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can somebody answer me this:
If I only have Nioh, i.e. no DLC, no complete edition, will I get a PS5 patch?

Didn't read the whole thing because I'm a lazy schmuck. :p

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yes....no....maybe. 

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Didn't read the whole thing because I'm a lazy schmuck. :p

I don't believe so, only upgrade paths seem to be for Nioh 2 Complete Edition (free upgrade to 2 Complete Edition Remastered) and Nioh 2 (paid upgrade to Remastered, access to DLC by those paid for on PS4).

I guess this is a Spider-Man Remastered situation where they feel the original is justified being sold as a new item because of the 4K textures and boosted framerate, though of course that's only available with the Deluxe Edition at the moment, so I'm kind of surprised Nioh Remastered will be available by itself and not limited to being bundled with the Nioh Collection. 

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yes....no....maybe. 

giphy.gif

:p

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

I don't believe so, only upgrade paths seem to be for Nioh 2 Complete Edition (free upgrade to 2 Complete Edition Remastered) and Nioh 2 (paid upgrade to Remastered, access to DLC by those paid for on PS4).

Well...this sucks.

• Haha 1