NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14th May 2021)

I imagine it's mainly the butt shots that happen when she's talking about her abusive father or when her sister is in danger. Always felt a bit odd when the character was in distress.

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Might have been tempted to get this but ffs Bioware, why does it not include the game???

So they don't have to make multiple versions, and so people can get digital copies if they prefer. Unfortunately the shipping (and potential import VAT and duty) makes it extremely expensive.

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Can you show me the cutscene so I... know what you're talking about?

lrovpe0aucs11.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition PC system requirements – Minimum :

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD FX-8350
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 280X.
Storage: 120GB

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition PC system requirements – Recommended :

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 or Radeon Vega 56
Storage: 120GB

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, Goafer said:

I'm still completely in love with this image. If there was an award for best promotional artwork, this would get my vote hands down.

Basically just this though innit?

71NPmBOdq7L._AC_SL1333_.jpg

Interested to see how this collection will review. I played ME2 for the first time last year and generally really enjoyed it, but I have to say that with no nostalgia goggles the gameplay is reaalllyy repetitive - very mid-00s corridor shooter stuff. The writing holds up really well but for younger audiences coming to it fresh for the first time, it'll be a bit of a weird one!

Nonetheless - the trailer is ace. Nailed to tone

Got my preorder in ready for later this month. It hasn't actually been that long since I last played ME 1&2 but I'm still really looking forward to playing through the whole trilogy again.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is this new? @Happenstance and @Goafer may be interested in this. You can create your own wallpaper/box art by selecting your morality type, favourite characters and location. 

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/my-shepard-art-creator

I saw someone talking about it on twitter earlier but they didn't post a link so thanks. Gonna have to make thousands of wallpapers now lol.

square.jpg

Only the best characters allowed!

Spoiler

square-1.jpg

Also, rather than have a messy install and having it be a pain to move the digital content from deluxe editions across to devices you need, all the deluxe content from the previous games (soundtracks, art books, comics and a lithograph) are available to download. It includes a new track for this version:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/mass-effect-bonus-content-download?isLocalized=true

• Like 2

The game is big, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it were bigger to be honest, given that it's the trilogy and the DLC? 

Though, I don't think this includes the 11GB day one patch! 

EDIT: update on this. Those EU language options are costing us! 

In all seriousness though, a little weird that the other languages aren't optional installs. 

Edited by Julius

Looks like my copy has shipped. Hopefully it’ll arrive tomorrow so I can get started as soon as possible.

• Like 2

I was hoping mine would arrive today, but it didn't.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

It’s a good looking remaster but there seems to be issues with the sound that weren’t present in the original version. Voices can be a bit quiet in conversations but if you turn the sound up then the volume for the gun shots is way too high. Gets a bit annoying.

42 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It’s a good looking remaster but there seems to be issues with the sound that weren’t present in the original version. Voices can be a bit quiet in conversations but if you turn the sound up then the volume for the gun shots is way too high. Gets a bit annoying.

I turned the sound effect volume down to 50% then turned the volume up. 

I really love photo mode.

Spoiler

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Ok then that’s Mass Effect 1 finished. Might give myself half an hour then move onto 2 😆 

Edited by Happenstance

Been waiting to play ME 1 and 2 for the first time since the Wii U when I stupidly played ME3 and fell in love. 

Anyway, a good 5+ hours into 1 and I'm loving it.

To create this universe from nothing, full of so much lore and world building is incredible. It really makes you wonder what's happened in the last few years where everything in media is so derivative. If it's not a reboot or a sequel it's a spin off or based on an already established license. 

On 5/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, Ronnie said:

Been waiting to play ME 1 and 2 for the first time since the Wii U when I stupidly played ME3 and fell in love. 

Anyway, a good 5+ hours into 1 and I'm loving it.

To create this universe from nothing, full of so much lore and world building is incredible. It really makes you wonder what's happened in the last few years where everything in media is so derivative. If it's not a reboot or a sequel it's a spin off or based on an already established license. 

Couldn't agree more. They've had a lot of inspiration from various sci-fi universes, but in the end they've created something unique and solid. Also, if you haven't read the books by Drew Karpyshyn, you have a lot more Mass Effect goodness coming your way. He writes so good, it's a shame he left the studio after the second game. 

Also, to be able to create such different creatures with so much history right off the bat is crazy. Just the whole history with the Geth and the Quarians is so deep and interesting, and that's just one of several histories. I love that each race has their own quirk too, like the Krogan and their history of war and so on. Great universe, and it made me love the games the minute I booted it up. Didn't hurt that the graphics at the time were insane. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this