NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

Pure Pool

I know it's niche, but I can't help but get very excited for the fluidity of the balls in this game.  Full HD @ 60fps.  Includes the Snooker DLC free. And it's only £12.49, with a 20% preorder discount, making it £9.99.  Bargain! Out on November 17th, preorders now live.

Full press release information;

The Nintendo Switch edition of Pure Pool offers players a no-compromise experience, taking full advantage of the platform in every way possible. Pure Pool is a technical marvel, running at 1080p docked and 720p handheld with all of the game’s high end visual features, all at a solid 60 frames per second. Offering the full range of control options supported by the Nintendo Switch, Pure Pool’s myriad of playstyles ensures that whatever the setup, players will be cueing up and potting balls in no time.

Featuring a single-player campaign, skill-based challenges, unlockable customisation options and multiple modes of pool and snooker including Killer and American 8 Ball, Pure Pool has players covered with more modes and options than you can shake a cue at. The Campaign Mode tracks progress from Amateur right through to Master difficulty, with players facing off against a series of opponents from pro players, to pool club sharks looking for an easy hustle. Players that make it to the top will either reign supreme or go down in a baize of glory!

Pure Pool also offers a huge range of additional modes, playstyles and challenges. With exhilarating fast-paced modes such as Speed Pot, Checkpoint and Royal Rumble, alongside the skill based challenges of Snooker Colours, Perfect Potter and Breakpoint, Pure Pool offers something for everyone. With global online leaderboards thrown into the mix, the competition to pocket the top spot has never been fiercer.

Pure Pool on Switch features a host of local and online multiplayer modes, including Cross-Play support with Steam and the option to play online against stored DNA player profiles. Global leaderboards and rankings allow players to track their performance across the Pure Pool player base whilst challenging members of the global community in Free-play, Two-player, Leagues, 8-ball, 9-ball, Blackball, Killer and Accumulator modes. All snooker content from the original Pure Pool DLC is included too, complete with online and local support for anyone that prefers the stricter rules of the gentleman’s game.

Pure Pool will cost $14.99 / €14.99 / £12.49 on the Switch eShop. Pre-orders are live with a 20 percent discount.

• Thanks 3

I used to play alot of Hustle Kings, Sometimes I'd just waste time just knocking balls around but it had a pretty extensive career mode. I think I have this on Steam but I'd love to give it a shot on the switch. It was really graphicly impressive at the time on the PC, would like to see what it looks like when it's ported.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2020 at 2:31 AM, Londragon said:

I can't help but get very excited for the fluidity of the balls in this game.

Have you pre-ordered it already? I'd love to see you review this game, so that we could use your quote (above) as the pull quote for the review. :D

I take it that you'll be covering it on Old Nintendo Gamer & Son in any case, so that we can witness that fluidity in motion. :smile:

Anyway, I for one, would love to see any coverage you can give the game, in any form, I've heard you speak passionately about the game before, I look forward to your impressions. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, martinist said:

I used to play alot of Hustle Kings, Sometimes I'd just waste time just knocking balls around but it had a pretty extensive career mode. I think I have this on Steam but I'd love to give it a shot on the switch. It was really graphicly impressive at the time on the PC, would like to see what it looks like when it's ported.

Apparently it has all the bells and whistles of the PC game, with no graphical downgrades whatsoever, and running at 60fps in 1080p.  Even though it is a 2014 game, it still looks impressive, and great that they've managed to seemingly pull it off on Switch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Have you pre-ordered it already? I'd love to see you review this game, so that we could use your quote (above) as the pull quote for the review. :D

I take it that you'll be covering it on Old Nintendo Gamer & Son in any case, so that we can witness that fluidity in motion. :smile:

Anyway, I for one, would love to see any coverage you can give the game, in any form, I've heard you speak passionately about the game before, I look forward to your impressions. :peace:

Yeah, pre-ordered.  The game icon is sitting there on my home menu.  I'll be covering it on Old Nintendo Gamer & Son, but also talking about it on the N-E Cafe podcast, and as i take notes to get prepared for the podcast, if I have time, I'll pop my thoughts down in a review.  Not 100% promising, but I'll definitely give it some serious thought.  Thanks, Sam.

• Thanks 1

Been playing a bit of this, and it really is a great little Pool and Snooker title.  Not without a few niggles, but the game mechanics are spot on.

[Lee Plays] Pure Pool (Part 2)

Old Nintendo Gamer chalks up his cue, and hits the baize of the gentleman’s game, Snooker. How does it compare to Pool?
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this