NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

No More Heroes 1+2 - Available Now! (28th October 2020)

Probably deserves its own thread.

Never played them, so curious to see what all the talk is about at some point!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

I’ve only played the first. It’s an acquired taste but I had an absolute blast with it. The second is meant to improve on it across the board. 

Stuck both of these on the wishlist. Will pick them up before III drops. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Julius said:

Never played them, so curious to see what all the talk is about at some point!

Same :D

Gonna be a while before I give them a go, though. Looking forward to them regardless :)

11 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I’ve only played the first. It’s an acquired taste but I had an absolute blast with it. The second is meant to improve on it across the board. 

Stuck both of these on the wishlist. Will pick them up before III drops. 

Yeh I remember playing both and certainly thinking that about the second.

I enjoyed them on the Wii, but they were a bit of a Marmite-type game. Still, the boss battles were fun & inventive, although most lasted a little too long.

Great to see them get a second life on Switch.

Fab news! I don’t like NMH2 nearly as much as NMH1 (It wasn’t directed by Suda51 and it shows), but it’s a lot more contemporary and palatable for a mass market audience; so if you’ve not played a Suda51/Kill The Past game before? You will probably find NMH2 to be much more accessible than the first.

The original NMH is a proper Suda51 game through and through; meaning that it’s not gonna be for everyone.  If you’re a fan of David Lynch and Quentin Tarantino’s works though? You may well just love the original NMH; it’s just dripping with SO MUCH subtext it’s unreal! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

I was wondering if the games got any polish and apparently they have. Plus it's the uncensored version that was previously America only if I'm correct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh my! I actually have the US version of the original, and had to modify my Wii to be able to play it. But everything to be able to get those sprays of blood everywhere :p I might have to go back and play it again. Does anyone know if this is a polished version of the original, or is it a ported version of No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise from Xbox 360 and PS3?

On 02/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, ArtMediocre said:

Oh my! I actually have the US version of the original, and had to modify my Wii to be able to play it. But everything to be able to get those sprays of blood everywhere :p I might have to go back and play it again. Does anyone know if this is a polished version of the original, or is it a ported version of No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise from Xbox 360 and PS3?

It’s a port of the original Wii version, not the rubbish PS3 one :) 

I never played these and never really had an interest in them but for some reason I feel I want to play these given what’s been mentioned here. So I may give these a chance. 

Sign in to follow this