NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase (28th October 2020)

Last one of the year!

EDIT: Nintendo UK took it down, for some reason. Oh well. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm...No More Heroes 1 and 2 available on Switch? Interesting. Always wanted to try them out but I missed out on their original release.
Something to look forward to for a future sale :D

Quite some surprises there. Immortals Fenyx Rising still looks pretty cool. At least it looks like they used the Switch version for the presentation going by the graphics, so that at least gives a realistic picture of how the game is going to look.

Never got around to playing NMH 1 and 2, so happy that they are coming before 3 comes out. Something for the wishlist. Age of Calamity is looking better and better as well. 

And I'm really interested in seeing how cloud gaming pans out. I'm not going to buy a game that is completely in the cloud, but it does offer perspectives for a streaming service further down the line.

Cloud streaming could be their way of keeping pace with next gen mutltiplatform games.

Edited by Ronnie

content-4-36368-nintendodirectminipartnershowcaseoctober2020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase October 2020 Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the mini presentation.

Full press release and video presentation embed.

A brand new game from HAL? I'll be checking that out for sure. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh wow, I had zero expectations that cloud gaming on switch would ever make it out of the experiments in Japan. 

I didn't think we'd get one this month as it came out rather late, but it being the last this year makes sense. Guess it's a general Direct in January then!

These partner directs started out weak and indifferent but the past two have been rather good with some great announcements and surprises. I like these shorter Directs for news sharing, though the longer ones announced beforehand are nice for hype.

• Like 2

I am highly pleased by this Direct. Shame it seems to be the last one of the year, but... considering their specific wording, maybe this is the last partner showcase, eh? ;)

Liked what I saw of BDII, Control and Hitman III were a hell of a surprise, and I'm finally going to try out a Musou game. Great stuff.

• Like 1

All in all, have to agree with everyone else: this Partner Showcase and the last one were by far the strongest, a really solid collection of games. 

Part Time UFO is definitely the highlight for me, looks very charming and like a relaxing time. Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for that. It being a shadow drop is awesome too, and not the only one either! 

No More Heroes 1+2 was also really cool to see, added that to the wishlist, as I've never played either game before and I'm certainly curious to see what the fuss is about!

Glad those waiting for Bravely Default II news finally got it, though admittedly the delay to next year sucks...but hey, at least it's only until Feb, could've been much worse! Really like what they've been doing on the Switch with their demos and surveys. Unfortunately, not one I'll be picking up, because while I love a good JRPG, I have so many older ones I'd love to play first! Maybe one day...

Cloud versions for Hitman III and Control were definitely a surprise, didn't expect the cloud to be pushed over here as it's been quiet in Japan (at least in the news) since, what, 2018 or something like that? Going to be one of those entirely dependent on your own internet, so it's unfortunately case-by-case as to just how effective it'll end up being, but still, I think it's cool to have the option there. Improving ISP infrastructures in the coming years could be a huge boon for Nintendo and third parties, assuming a potential Pro doesn't go some ways to providing parity more in line with current gen consoles. 

Oh, and the Hyrule Warriors demo being released is awesome. Still looking forward to that, but don't think I'll be checking the demo out, mostly because I'm already sold, and would rather digest the game for the first time in its entirety than carry over early progress. 

Only downside to this Partners Showcase, especially after the SaGa Collection in the last one...Square Enix. My pals. My buddies. Come on. Where the heck is the Final Fantasy Collection?!

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

I am highly pleased by this Direct. Shame it seems to be the last one of the year, but... considering their specific wording, maybe this is the last partner showcase, eh? ;)

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it too, and I feel like their Twitter post for this Partner Showcase was weirdly particular in its phrasing...

Could be nothing, but calling out specifically that it's the final Direct Mini: Partner Showcase of the year? Might just be leaving their options open, and of course it doesn't necessarily mean we'll see another type of Direct before the year is up, but still, if their intent at this point was to communicate that that was it for Direct-style videos this year, I would kind of expect the phrasing to be "The Final Nintendo Direct of the year!" 

Hmm. I'm watching you Nintendo. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9085279

5 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I didn't think we'd get one this month as it came out rather late, but it being the last this year makes sense. Guess it's a general Direct in January then!

These partner directs started out weak and indifferent but the past two have been rather good with some great announcements and surprises. I like these shorter Directs for news sharing, though the longer ones announced beforehand are nice for hype.

It's crazy to think that we haven't had a general direct since September of last year. While I'd love one, I think we're still a ways off from getting back to that thanks to COVID's ongoing impact on development schedules. 

That being said, I expect them to continue with smaller Directs for now, as they've done a really good job I think of giving us something to look forward to in the next 3 months since, what, the start of the year? Quite a few ports, sure, but yeah, I think you're right in saying that they've really improved as they've gone along. 

We've likely got a Pokémon Direct for the 25th Anniversary in February and a Zelda Direct for the 35th Anniversary at some point to look forward to at least, though! 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this