NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CrowingJoe79

Do you think Days Gone is underrated?

When I bought this game in April of 2019, I was surprised at how engaging the story is, and the game for me at least, took around 2 weeks to finish. Sure, it has glitches. They did improve that issue with the patches. But I never really see a lot of people online praising this game in general. 

I will say that it's repetitive to a big degree and rather frustrating as well. To this day, I still cannot defeat an entire horde, save for one you're forced to take on in a dark cave. But I did really enjoy the graphics, the motorcycle, and the characters. Quite frankly, I don't get why the game receives so much hate. 

It's like The Last of Us... but on the wide open roads. And I personally didn't notice that BIG of a difference between both games. The best part is when you go in enemy camps and trying to take out every scumbag quietly!

I'm playing it right now and am enjoying it a lot.

Driving around on the bike is oddly peaceful, even with zombies screaming, and the world is a nice size.

The main characters definitely grew on me, I wasn't sure about them at the start but once you know more about them, they're quite likeable.

Gameplay is a lot of fun, but can be a bit repetitive. That said, you can try to mix things up yourself as there are a few tools, I've lured the zombies (I find it interesting that the big zombie trend lately is pretending the word zombie doesn't exist) to enemy camps to assist me, you can go shooting, you can be stealthy or be a madman and roll around smashing people's heads in.

On one enemy base, I sniped a sniper, the enemies started shooting me and attracted a very large swarm (not entirely sure if it counted as a horde), which led to a massive battle for me to watch and then take out the remaining zombies in the end.

I managed to kill one horde fairly early on, it was a cave with a NERO box in it. It was during the day and I sort of just went in, threw some pipe bombs/molatovs, ran out, drove away a bit on my bike, killed the bunch that were still following me and repeated.

I've not finished yet, but it's a lot of fun.

Oh, the weather in the game is amazing. The changes are subtle that you often don't notice. When it snows, the ground gradually gets covered in snow and there's not really any point where it seems it "switched" to the snow version of the world, it just feels natural. Same for rain and puddles and mud.

I'm playing it right now and am enjoying it a lot.
Driving around on the bike is oddly peaceful, even with zombies screaming, and the world is a nice size.
The main characters definitely grew on me, I wasn't sure about them at the start but once you know more about them, they're quite likeable.
Gameplay is a lot of fun, but can be a bit repetitive. That said, you can try to mix things up yourself as there are a few tools, I've lured the zombies (I find it interesting that the big zombie trend lately is pretending the word zombie doesn't exist) to enemy camps to assist me, you can go shooting, you can be stealthy or be a madman and roll around smashing people's heads in.
On one enemy base, I sniped a sniper, the enemies started shooting me and attracted a very large swarm (not entirely sure if it counted as a horde), which led to a massive battle for me to watch and then take out the remaining zombies in the end.
I managed to kill one horde fairly early on, it was a cave with a NERO box in it. It was during the day and I sort of just went in, threw some pipe bombs/molatovs, ran out, drove away a bit on my bike, killed the bunch that were still following me and repeated.
I've not finished yet, but it's a lot of fun.

Oh, the weather in the game is amazing. The changes are subtle that you often don't notice. When it snows, the ground gradually gets covered in snow and there's not really any point where it seems it "switched" to the snow version of the world, it just feels natural. Same for rain and puddles and mud.

I'm also playing this game and enjoying it quite a lot. From what I understand, the game was patched a fair bit and is now a lot better for it, which may explain the review scores the game got at launch.

I also noticed the trend in not calling zombies zombies in these sorts of games/TV. Not just that, but even the concept of zombies in fiction never existed in these series, to the point that everyone is utterly confused about what is happening to people when they suddenly start tearing everyone apart.
  • Like 1

Last year, I discovered there was a funny glitch where I came across the opening to a cave. But it had been sealed up, so I could not go into it. 

So I was caved in, eh? ;) 

Sign in to follow this