NEurope
Glen-i

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Switch, PS4, XBOne)

On 29/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Glen-i said:

That's big talk. The GBA one is my favourite game in the series, and I don't have high expectations for that to translate well to full 3D gameplay. Trying to juggle moving Sora, navigating your deck and controlling the camera sounds like a nightmare.

And having to throw in a Z axis on top of that doesn't sound great.

That’s precisely the issue I found with the PS4 version.  It was the only game in the 1.5 + 2.5 collection I gave up on.

5 hours ago, WackerJr said:

That’s precisely the issue I found with the PS4 version.  It was the only game in the 1.5 + 2.5 collection I gave up on.

See, I'm not surprised. The card mechanic was designed for a game that has a mostly fixed camera for battles so you can see almost everything at once.

Sora-vs-Axel.gif

It allows the player to more easily manage their deck and dodge attacks when you don't need to control the camera.

The people behind the original version went on to make The World Ends With You, BTW. You can kinda see some similarities between the two.

That GIF also reminds me that Chain of Memories is a drop-dead gorgeous GBA game!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

EsMzAuNXMAIunc6?format=jpg&name=large

Man, that took some doing. I'm still deciding what was worse, taking on Mysterious Figure in Birth by Sleep or having to play Wave of Darkness 146 times in order to unlock this. :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

5.5 % of players earned the Platinum? Pff, not that difficult then :p

Very tedious though.

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EsMzAuNXMAIunc6?format=jpg&name=large

Man, that took some doing. I'm still deciding what was worse, taking on Mysterious Figure in Birth by Sleep or having to play Wave of Darkness 146 times in order to unlock this. :D 

146 times? I mean, you know that's practically just begging me to boot up the game and see what my score is on that, right?

Now show me someone who can full chain Dark Domination and then I'll be impressed!

Song's effing impossible...

You just know some people out there will be considering buying it just to get Dearly Beloved in Smash Ultimate.

I've been playing this game recently, and finished the campaign early this week:

After that I decided to keep on playing a little bit to unlock the 3 extra worlds, plus to get all the materials for crafting the extra songs. And I enjoyed it a lot! I've never played a KH game, but I do remember watching the trailer with Simple and Clean as the soundtrack over and over. The game is brimming with content. So many songs, 3 levels of difficulty plus a bunch of extra modes and settings to change playstyle. It's great to have some Disney songs included, like Let It Go, or remixes of Disney songs. But it's also a treat to hear the original soundtrack of the KH games.

Visually it does get distracting sometimes, and the timing took a couple of songs to get used to. Enemies pop up unexpectedly now and then which feels unfair but it's definitely not a dealbreaker and does not happen too often. The whole story kind of went over my head, but I know the series is notorious for having an uncomprehensible story anyway. Nice to see they make it canon at the end, definitely what fans of the series wanted.

All in all a great package, I wasn't expecting this when I picked it up on a whim for a tenner. Now please please please Nintendo, make a game like this with the Smash Bros. Ultimate soundtrack!

• Like 1