NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (13th Nov)

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered/news/announcing-nfs-hp-remastered

A remaster of the Criterion Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, which I originally enjoyed quite a lot when it came out.

For the Switch version:

The Nintendo Switch version runs at 1080p/30 FPS in docked mode (720p/30 FPS undocked) and includes higher-resolution models, more objects and props, longer draw distance, higher resolution shadows, and improved videos.

It has all the DLC and the Autolog system (leaderboards) works cross-platform. 

• Thanks 1

It's available for pre-order now for €39,99. I loved the original one (the 1998 one), although the remaster is of the 2010 game. The last NFS I really played was Underground 2, so I'm curious to see if this is any good. Will wait until it is half price though.

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

It's available for pre-order now for €39,99. I loved the original one (the 1998 one), although the remaster is of the 2010 game. The last NFS I really played was Underground 2, so I'm curious to see if this is any good. Will wait until it is half price though.

This is where i am at with this too, the last one i loved was Underground 2, I did have hot Persuit and liked it a lot, just not quite as much. 

Guess i'll add it to the long list of games i'll get when i've time

Was the original release 60fps? And if not, are the other inevitable multiplatform releases 60fps, while the Switch version is 30fps?

If it has always been 30fps and there isn't a 60fps version available on any other platform, then this Switch version is surely well worth picking up.

Although, if the PS4 and Xbox One / PC versions are 60fps, then I can't see it doing quite as well on the Switch.

As it stands though, I enjoyed playing this game a lot back on the Xbox 360, regardless of its framerate.

It's just that, if it's a remaster and the Switch missed out on 60fps, then it's a bit of a shame, but it's good to have it as part of the console's library.

Edit - nevermind, I decided to check out the main site...

Depending on your specifications, 4K/60 FPS is supported on PC, and players can choose between 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Base versions of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run the game at 1080p/30 FPS. In addition to the listed improvements for the Nintendo Switch version, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions are also updated with upressed UI, higher resolution reflections, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.

Wow, so the base versions on PS4 and Xbox One now have parity with the Switch when it comes to these multiformat releases...

In this instance, I'd probably go for the Switch version then, seeing as every other version available to me, would also be 30fps anyway.

I might pick up a physical copy of this (if there is one) if all content is on the cart, and probably later on down the line, when it's cheaper.

Edited by S.C.G

I might pick up a physical copy of this (if there is one) if all content is on the cart, and probably later on down the line, when it's cheaper.

A Japanese retailer were quoted as saying there is an additional download for the cartridge version, not fully confirmed though.
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this