NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Hades (PC, Switch)

Just checked it now and it’s still on sale for a few hours. Price is £2.19.
Got a link to the reduced price game? I'm on mobile at the moment and I can only see it full price. Maybe I already got it as a Plus freebie a while back...don't think so though.

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
49 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Just checked it now and it’s still on sale for a few hours. Price is £2.19.

Got a link to the reduced price game? I'm on mobile at the moment and I can only see it full price. Maybe I already got it as a Plus freebie a while back...don't think so though.

Where are you checking? We are on about the eShop and not PSN.

Ah right, my mistake. I got them mixed up since there's a sale on PSN right now, thought that's what was being referred to.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ah right, my mistake. I got them mixed up since there's a sale on PSN right now, thought that's what was being referred to.

That explains it! :D 

• Like 1

I finally escaped! I was feeling pretty rubbish after last night, reached the final showdown 3 times in a row but choked each time I got there so on my latest run I was determined not to screw it up. Went in with a few lives and plenty of health but ended up getting through it by the skin of my teeth - only 1HP left when the fight ended. 

I intend to beat it at least enough times to get to credits but I will probably switch on God mode for those runs to make it a bit easier - really glad I managed to do it without assistance at least once though!

EDIT: It was my 52nd attempt so a long way below average. 

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, killthenet said:

I finally escaped! I was feeling pretty rubbish after last night, reached the final showdown 3 times in a row but choked each time I got there so on my latest run I was determined not to screw it up. Went in with a few lives and plenty of health but ended up getting through it by the skin of my teeth - only 1HP left when the fight ended. 

I intend to beat it at least enough times to get to credits but I will probably switch on God mode for those runs to make it a bit easier - really glad I managed to do it without assistance at least once though!

EDIT: It was my 52nd attempt so a long way below average. 

Congrats - how good is that second stage music on the final boss? Gets me pumped every time. What weapon did you use?

Try to resist the god mode. Even though I still struggled for a while after completing my first run, after about completion 5 I was succeeding every 2-3 runs. Its worth sticking with it as the game has the depth to reward that level of mastery, especially as you start unlocking the different weapon aspects. On that point:

Spoiler

Use your blood upgrades on the 'Aspect of Chiron' bow upgrade (the 2nd one). Get the right boons and you will destroy bosses.

@LazyBoy I used the shield, I think the combination of melee and range really helped with the latter bosses. I did consider not switching on God mode for a while but I've since it's been dominating all of my gaming time for a while I'm happy to just look on God mode like going on a victory lap - one clear without assistance is rewarding enough for me.

So I reached the third stage boss a couple of times, and kept getting my arse handed to me. I even got them down to half health  a couple of times, and then the other gods join in, and I get reamed.

I decided to try and level up a bit first. I realised that you could upgrade your weapon, and needed Titan's blood to do so, but hadn't got more than one bit of it. So I looked up how to get Titan's blood and found out you have to beat the first boss (and the final boss, but that isn't happening any time soon) with each weapon. I have only ever used the spear, so I decided to grind some Titan's blood by beating at least the first boss with each of the other weapons.

This confirmed by initial impression that most of the other weapons suck ass (notably the bow), but i managed to get a few more splodges of Titan's blood to level up my spear. 

Then last night I finally managed to beat the third boss, and then made it all the way to the final boss! I died, obviously, but it sure does feel like i'm progressing!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bob said:

So I reached the third stage boss a couple of times, and kept getting my arse handed to me. I even got them down to half health  a couple of times, and then the other gods join in, and I get reamed.

I decided to try and level up a bit first. I realised that you could upgrade your weapon, and needed Titan's blood to do so, but hadn't got more than one bit of it. So I looked up how to get Titan's blood and found out you have to beat the first boss (and the final boss, but that isn't happening any time soon) with each weapon. I have only ever used the spear, so I decided to grind some Titan's blood by beating at least the first boss with each of the other weapons.

This confirmed by initial impression that most of the other weapons suck ass (notably the bow), but i managed to get a few more splodges of Titan's blood to level up my spear. 

Then last night I finally managed to beat the third boss, and then made it all the way to the final boss! I died, obviously, but it sure does feel like i'm progressing!

Nice progress. I will say though that the gun weapon (adamant rail) is an obscene weapon, particularly if you upgrade the Hestia aspect with your accumulated Titan Bloods. You might feel it's not great right now but once you realise you can stand far away and obliterate anything the game becomes effortless.

Basically if you pair up that weapon with doom and damage boosts you do ridiculous levels of damage with the shot after each reload (so you just reload shoot a lot).

21 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Nice progress. I will say though that the gun weapon (adamant rail) is an obscene weapon, particularly if you upgrade the Hestia aspect with your accumulated Titan Bloods. You might feel it's not great right now but once you realise you can stand far away and obliterate anything the game becomes effortless.

Basically if you pair up that weapon with doom and damage boosts you do ridiculous levels of damage with the shot after each reload (so you just reload shoot a lot).

I tried the railgun again last night. Didn't have enough Titan Bloods to get the Hestia, but i did get a cool boon where you fire off a little homing arrow with each shot, as well as a boon from Demeter that turns your cast into an ice beam. I managed to get all the way up to the Minotaur miniboss, and then died shortly after when I got run over by a chariot.

I also got a fishing rod? Haven't found anywhere to use it yet, but hopefully I can catch some fish with it soon.

I have been plugging away at this, doing attempt after attempt, and filling up the mirror of darkness (or whatever it's called). However, I felt like i'd hit a wall. There was no way to get any more Titan's blood, and so level up your weapons, and i'd max'd out all the mirror specs. I was about ready to call it a day - i'd played for over 30 hours, which isn't bad for a game that only cost £20. To be honest I was surprised i even managed to get to the final boss anyway. When i started playing, i didn't think i'd even get that far!

Then I was browsing the Hades sub-reddit, and i saw a message by someone giving advice for your first clear if you are having trouble. They suggested using the shield, applying Ares boons (doom) on your attack, and Athena boons on your special, and then picking up as many Pom fruits to stack up the doom damage. I thought 'what the hell', i'll give it a go! 

So I used the Ares keepsake, and with the Ares boon at the beginning of the level.....there was no attack option. Crap. And then there were no more Ares boons, at all until Elysium. I didn't get a Athena boon until halfway through Asphodel, and when I did, special wasn't an option. I panicked halfway through the run, and sold off the boons i had got on my attack and special, hoping to get Ares and Athena later on, but it all fell apart, and i ended up sauntering into the third boss with 17 health and no extra lives. A disaster.

Well that didn't go so well, so i thought i'd try it again! This time, I got the Ares doom on my Attack first try, and although I didn't get an Athena special, I did get Athena Divine dash. I also managed to get a hammer boon that gave me double damage on my attack. Soon I was tearing through the enemies simply using dash+attack! Eventually i picked up enough Poms that I was doing several hundred in damage just from doom. 

I got to the final boss with two or three lives left, and managed to smack him down with plenty to spare. Finally escaped on attempt 59!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've been reading and re-reading that for the Nintendo news... Xbox... Playstation... Xbox... Playstation... Xbox... Playstation...

uc?export=view&id=1kcGenKJrCRzjvkG7GSyYn

But no mention of an OoT cross-over??!!

• Haha 1

Finally gave in and bought this while it was still on sale. In the last run I met the first boss and of course died as I wasn't quite prepared for it but I think I did alright, taking away about a third of the health before making a mistake.

Up to now it's a fine game, nothing out of the ordinary. It takes a while to learn all the small things, though.

I've been playing this off and on for a while. I've beaten the final boss 5 times now, each with a different weapon. The bow was the hardest one so far; dealing damage was fine, but I just couldn't seem to defend myself while using it. Anyway, I eventually managed to get some good boons together and managed to smack the last boss into next week. 

I keep reaching points where I think i'm going to give up and play something else, but i just keep going for one more attempt! I've only got the machine gun left to beat the game with, and then i'll have done it with every weapon. Maybe that's when i'll call it a day?

I suck at this game. Met the first boss two more times and died both times. I'm using the sword at the moment as I don't know which new weapon to pick - I don't want to waste those keys so I'm hoarding them instead. That's always a problem with these games - I don't want to waste resources so I don't upgrade much. 

I can't say that I'm really enjoying the game, though. It's fine, but Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells are also really fine games. Both of which I have put too many hours into without ever completing a single run.

42 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I suck at this game. Met the first boss two more times and died both times. I'm using the sword at the moment as I don't know which new weapon to pick - I don't want to waste those keys so I'm hoarding them instead. That's always a problem with these games - I don't want to waste resources so I don't upgrade much. 

I can't say that I'm really enjoying the game, though. It's fine, but Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells are also really fine games. Both of which I have put too many hours into without ever completing a single run.

Switch over to the Lance, as it will require you to learn the spacing, whilst also giving you a little more room to fail in. 

Make sure you’re upgrading at the mirror as well, especially the starting health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I also sucked at the beginning (well, I still suck now), but the game slowly gets better and better. You'll be getting stronger and stronger without even realising it. Eventually you'll be crushing the first boss each time like a bug, and wondering how they ever even gave you trouble.  You need to concentrate on dashing out of the way to begin with. Soon, dodging the various attacks will become second nature.

I would say, just use the resources as you get them. As you get further into the game, you start getting so many of everything, that you don't need to worry about saving up. As LazyBoy said, make sure to upgrade the mirror with the purple drops - especially the death defiance one - that gives you extra lives. 

If you are still hating it, there is always God Mode, which you can switch on and it will reduce the damage you receive permanently, each time you die. 

• Like 1

Fared a bit better and have been reaching the second boss now. Was almost there this morning but it got the best of me suddenly with a shitload of attacks from all sides.

I've been using the spear as I feel the range of it is more my play style.

Edit: just won over that rattle snake. Easy peasy. 

Edited by MindFreak

I was SO close yesterday, met whom I think is the final boss before freedom. I took away a quarter of its life but I wasn't good enough to beat it. It was my first time battling the third boss, and I was lucky I had three Death Defiances at that point because whew, a lot was going on in that arena! This was also the first time I met an alternate version of the second boss and actually I also met yet another version of the first one. Both were fine and I beat them without much trouble.

This is by far the most accessible roguelike I have played, you get stronger much quicker than in other similar games, and I feel like I have a chance to actually win in this game. However, it's coming with an expense to the roguelike genre with all those extra lives you can get - yesterday I got five extra lives; two from the mirror, one form the cabinet and I bought an extra when I got the chance just before the final boss.

Still, it's a good game. 

I'm exploring all the other weapon aspects now. It's interesting how each one forces you to play a little bit differently.

The bow is definitely my least favourite weapon though. It's so slow and cumbersome, and leaves you open to attack so much. Haven't worked out the best way to play with it yet.

Only just unlocked Companions, too. This game has so much depth considering how simple it seems at the beginning!

3 hours ago, bob said:

I'm exploring all the other weapon aspects now. It's interesting how each one forces you to play a little bit differently.

The bow is definitely my least favourite weapon though. It's so slow and cumbersome, and leaves you open to attack so much. Haven't worked out the best way to play with it yet.

Only just unlocked Companions, too. This game has so much depth considering how simple it seems at the beginning!

On the bow, get the aspect that allows you to load your blood gem onto the bow shot. I'll let you figure out how to maximise its potential. Doesn't fix the bows mobility problem, but the damage starts to get crazy. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this