NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Laptops?

Tbh given some of the last discussion in this thread(tho tbh they came to mind anyway) I would probs tag @Goafer and @Happenstance for two with opinions - not sure how much Happs does macwise but I know that I can barely close a window on ' my mum's ' macbook pro or some shit(my dad is a tech idiot taken on board with the apple thing as work uses iphones and ipads, so he bought it 'for' my mum...but she probs uses it the least our of me my dad and my brother. Me and my brother dont even live there).

• Thanks 1

Given my other devices I pretty much have no use for macOS.

I was thinking about installing Chromium OS to turn the Macbook into a Google device, albeit a limited one.

• Like 1

Sorry I wouldn't be able to help. I've thought about getting a Macbook a few times over the years but everytime I look into it I realise I'm happier with Windows PCs/Laptops.

• Like 1

Since it is quite an old MacBook Pro you can probably open it up easily and install more RAM and/or an SSD to give it a little bit of a kick in speed. Processor is still old though, 10 years is quite old for a notebook.

Windows on Mac, you can do it free (only need a Windows licence) with Boot Camp which is part of Mac OS. Windows 10 however has some age requirements: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

If you can install Windows on it with Boot Camp, you can choose when booting up whether you want to boot Windows or Mac OS.

Don't have any experience with Linux on Mac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this