NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (July 9th) Switch, PC

The actual huge surprise from that Mini Direct.

crying-waterfalls.gif

I'm so happy!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I honestly never thought we’d ever see the day.  I can’t believe that they’re actually making a sequel!! The first game flopped hard at retail (being released at the tail end of the 3DS’ life), but was secretly the best RPG on 3DS! Absolutely fantastic game!

SO happy to see MHS get another chance! It’s like we’ve stumbled into some alternative universe where things are awesome instead of crap! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt I'll get it (too many games to keep up with these days!), but I really liked the art style and look of the world. I remember reading @Glen-i's thoughts about the first game on better when he played it, so glad he's getting another one! And also nice to see Capcom's strong support continue for the Switch, between this and Rise looks like Monster Hunter fans are going to be kept very busy next year! 

New footage!!!

And a release date!! (July 9th!)

And Amiibo!!

unknown.png

Nice

Also, the PC version was officially announced.  Coming out the same day as the Switch version.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is a smart phone gamer, the original Monster Hunter Stories is £3.50 on Google Play store at the moment 💪

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

If anyone is a smart phone gamer, the original Monster Hunter Stories is £3.50 on Google Play store at the moment 💪

Thanks for the tip! I had some credits in my account from the Rewards surveys, so I picked it up. Never played a "big" (as in, long single player) game on mobile, but I'll see how it works.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Thanks for the tip! I had some credits in my account from the Rewards surveys, so I picked it up. Never played a "big" (as in, long single player) game on mobile, but I'll see how it works.

I started it on my lunch at work yesterday, enjoyed the snippet that I played but...I couldn't seem to find the option to save, and I had to go back to work, so I lost all the character set up stuff I'd done 🤦‍♂️ I'll presume you have to get to a point to be able to save it, either that or I was just being an idiot 😛

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I started it on my lunch at work yesterday, enjoyed the snippet that I played but...I couldn't seem to find the option to save, and I had to go back to work, so I lost all the character set up stuff I'd done 🤦‍♂️ I'll presume you have to get to a point to be able to save it, either that or I was just being an idiot 😛

I just started this myself, and about 5 minutes after the character creation it saves for the first time. So you were pretty close! 

Runs pretty smooth so far and the touch controls are sufficient, so let's see if I can stick with this!

12 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I just started this myself, and about 5 minutes after the character creation it saves for the first time. So you were pretty close! 

Runs pretty smooth so far and the touch controls are sufficient, so let's see if I can stick with this!

Made some more headway this evening, just had my kinship stone brought to life in the ponds and then...

Anyway, avoiding spoilers, have you found a way to automatically save the game? Or is it just when it prompts you to after a certain cut scene?

10 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Made some more headway this evening, just had my kinship stone brought to life in the ponds and then...

Anyway, avoiding spoilers, have you found a way to automatically save the game? Or is it just when it prompts you to after a certain cut scene?

I haven't played more yesterday, so the only save points I found were the autosave shortly after the character creation, and that you can save in your house. I hope there is an autosave or at least frequent saving, as on mobile I'll probably play it in short bursts.

5 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I haven't played more yesterday, so the only save points I found were the autosave shortly after the character creation, and that you can save in your house. I hope there is an autosave or at least frequent saving, as on mobile I'll probably play it in short bursts.

There isn't an autosave.

• Thanks 1

So the game is out on Friday and I spent the first few days of my holiday with the demo and needless to say it has sold me to getting this at the next opportunity, it's a great deal of fun and I was able to recreate an old OC as my player avatar. (Hair was updated to better replicate her hair compared to the screenshot provided)

May be an illustration of 1 person

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

So the game is out on Friday and I spent the first few days of my holiday with the demo and needless to say it has sold me to getting this at the next opportunity, it's a great deal of fun and I was able to recreate an old OC as my player avatar. (Hair was updated to better replicate her hair compared to the screenshot provided)

Did you play the 3DS original? Just wondering if you can do a comparison. 

22 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Did you play the 3DS original? Just wondering if you can do a comparison. 

Unfortunately I didn't so I cannot offer a comparison. Sorry.

I did end up borrowing money from my savings to preorder the Steam deluxe edition in the end. So whilst having to start over, I'm fine doing that. I'm gonna stream it too.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 1

We finally have an explanation for Plesioth's stupid hip check hitbox!

• Haha 2

PS4 release is coming pretty soon (14th June).

According to Gematsu, the game will get a physical release over here that is called Monster Hunter Stories Collection and will feature both games on one disc.

Sign in to follow this