Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I was waiting for that :p 
It's a fair point, but I still think the issue at hand is unacceptable.

Then again: I don't really care about this game :D Just found it interesting that some games seem to get a free pass no matter what. ::shrug:  (Edit: And no, I'm not only talking about Nintendo games/exclusives)

Haha 😎

I agree though, it seems abit shady.

I guess it'll be like World in that G rank will be added on at a later date, and again similar to World rather than have everything there from the get go, it'll keep people interested  when there's "big reveals" every few months, especially if they keep to the free content drops they've stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I guess it'll be like World in that G rank will be added on at a later date, and again similar to World rather than have everything there from the get go, it'll keep people interested  when there's "big reveals" every few months, especially if they keep to the free content drops they've stated.

If I understand it correctly, in World the endgame was available from the start (and actually on the disc), but in Rise the endgame or rather the actual conclusion to the story doesn't exist, yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, drahkon said:

If I understand it correctly, in World the endgame was available from the start (and actually on the disc), but in Rise the endgame or rather the actual conclusion to the story doesn't exist, yet.

This is correct. Every game so far has had some kind of plot that concluded.

The G-Rank that @Kaepora_Gaebora mentioned is more like extra post-game stuff that gets added whenever an entry got re-released.

It's a lot like Pokémon in that regard. If you think of the base game Monster Hunter as say, Pokémon Gold/Silver. Then the re-release G-Rank content would be like Pokémon Crystal.

Monster Hunter World changed this approach (for the better) by having G-Rank be DLC in the form of Iceborne. (A lot like how Pokémon Sword/Shield handled it with it's own expansion pass)

The optimist in me would say that Rise's issue was Covid, the pessimist in me would say it was rushed out to meet the end of the financial year.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really sucks that Capcom are releasing the game in a blatantly unfinished state... no doubt due to an immovable deadline (gotta get it out before the end of the fiscal year!) and COVID related delays.

But as far as long-term preservation with the physical version goes? Well, that’ll come when Capcom releases the inevitable Ultimate version with G-rank in place.  Even if it gets made available as DLC for those that own the base version? Capcom will inevitably put out an upgraded physical version as well; much like they did with Iceborne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is it not supposed to be a set-up for the upcoming DLC?

The story, from what I’ve heard, is focused on the Rampage and that gets finished.

The whole “a new threat coming” is supposed to be the cliffhanger setting up the DLC, not a continuation of the story arc (Rampage)... no?

Edited by Kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caved and bought it. Hopefully we can get some co-op going

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time no see everyone!

I caved too and have ended up buying it! Hoping for some co-op action!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 2:36 PM, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Almost certain I'm picking this up now, got next Monday pencilled in as a whole day playing with my brother (35 and 38, what's your point?! 🙈) Not sure I'll be on much over the weekend but will try...

To other N-E'ers joining the Switch launch, anyone fancy a discord/WhatsApp group to voice chat in if we can organise some games? I'm not adverse to working out quests etc both on here or through text chat in game, but if there's a desire for it I'm happy to set it up no problems 👍

Happy to do whatsapp or whatever. How are we voice chatting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blade said:

Happy to do whatsapp or whatever. How are we voice chatting?

Now we're talking! Great to see you back here...and back in the hunt! 😎

At the moment it's just me and you 😂 so whatever suits, going to save my first multiplayer go for with my brother on Monday, after that I'll be absolutely team keen.

Downloaded the game myself this evening, so I'm ready to hunt 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 2:36 PM, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

To other N-E'ers joining the Switch launch, anyone fancy a discord/WhatsApp group to voice chat in if we can organise some games? I'm not adverse to working out quests etc both on here or through text chat in game, but if there's a desire for it I'm happy to set it up no problems 👍

Seeing as there are going to be quite a few of us playing, this would seem to be worth setting up.

2 minutes ago, Blade said:

Happy to do whatsapp or whatever. How are we voice chatting?

Discord is going to be the easiest all-round, I'd have thought.

We do have an existing N-E discord group, this was mostly just a staff group, so it might be better to start a new Discord server just for Monster Hunter.

Did you want to make a new server @Kaepora_Gaebora ? Or I can make one, if you like, it'd be cool to have a Discord server for staff and forum members to voice chat on games. :)

Can start with it being for Monster Hunter Rise, and then use it for other games in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@S.C.G consider it done...

 

https://discord.gg/FgdCXGgJ

First time I've set one up so hopefully it'll work, no password at the moment so, well, anyone who wants to get on voice chat from here, this could well be the place to be, come one come all!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My copy has shipped, and my new Pro Controller :)

Have Friday off work (but forgot kids have a half day at school cuz of Easter break) and have Monday off haha.

Downloaded discord now too.

My Switchaxe is all polished up and craves fresh Monster flesh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

@S.C.G consider it done...

 

https://discord.gg/FgdCXGgJ

First time I've set one up so hopefully it'll work, no password at the moment so, well, anyone who wants to get on voice chat from here, this could well be the place to be, come one come all!

 

That ain’t working for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

That ain’t working for me. 

Just seen this, I've sent you an invite to the server. :)

If the above link isn't working for anyone else, let me know as it's easy to send a direct invite from within the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palicoes are better than Palamutes confirmed! :heh:

Seriously though, I'm glad I checked that vid out. Was nice to get a refresher on familiar mechanics from previous games, as well as some useful info on the stuff that's new in Rise. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Man, the menus in this game are so much more informative!

If you hunt a monster enough. It's page on Hunters Notes will start telling you the chance of it dropping the different materials. It even tells you which materials are easier to get via capturing.

No more having to browse Kiranico to figure it out!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Man, the menus in this game are so much more informative!

If you hunt a monster enough. It's page on Hunters Notes will start telling you the chance of it dropping the different materials. It even tells you which materials are easier to get visa capturing.

No more having to browse Kiranico to figure it out!

A staple of the series "let me just have a quick Google before the 10th go at this monster to make sure..."

Made a start this morning, just did the character set up, the opening bits and then the training mission. Seems...like Monster Hunter 🤷‍♂️ looking forward to getting stuck into some village quests over the weekend, giving it a proper go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

A staple of the series "let me just have a quick Google before the 10th go at this monster to make sure..."

Made a start this morning, just did the character set up, the opening bits and then the training mission. Seems...like Monster Hunter 🤷‍♂️ looking forward to getting stuck into some village quests over the weekend, giving it a proper go!

Pfft, lightweight! I spent the first two hours of gameplay tweaking the options and setting up my custom shout-outs.

It seems that "bugger" is no longer censored, so I can still shout "Bugger it all!" every time I get hit.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Pfft, lightweight! I spent the first two hours of gameplay tweaking the options and setting up my custom shout-outs.

It seems that "bugger" is no longer censored, so I can still shout "Bugger it all!" every time I get hit.

Get ready for every generic shout out to be coming your way when we manage to get online together 😎

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Man, the menus in this game are so much more informative!

If you hunt a monster enough. It's page on Hunters Notes will start telling you the chance of it dropping the different materials. It even tells you which materials are easier to get via capturing.

No more having to browse Kiranico to figure it out!

This was in MH World too. But yeah, very handy. :cool: Glad to hear it's also in Rise.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my Lan Adapter for Switch broke a while ago, bough a replacement but haven't installed as wasn't playing much online at time. Went to install it now for MHR and realised the usb cable part of it is too short for the back of the Switch dock so have to remove the door cover from the back of the dock to use it :p

Bring on the hunt!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Get ready for every generic shout out to be coming your way when we manage to get online together 😎

As long as it's not the default, I am OK with anything. Super serious, super weird, overly deadpan, don't care.

Remember guys, the most important thing about hunting is not to use the default shout-outs, because it makes you look really boring!

If I see anyone here doing so when I get online, I will call it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mokong said:

So my Lan Adapter for Switch broke a while ago, bough a replacement but haven't installed as wasn't playing much online at time. Went to install it now for MHR and realised the usb cable part of it is too short for the back of the Switch dock so have to remove the door cover from the back of the dock to use it :p

Bring on the hunt!!!

Ah FFS, looks like the "new" Lan Adapter I got months ago and only using now doesn't work :'(

The USB port def works as I can charge a Pro Controller off it. And the Ethernet cable works and it works with another device....balls

Looks like will have to make do with Wifi even when docked for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mokong said:

Ah FFS, looks like the "new" Lan Adapter I got months ago and only using now doesn't work :'(

The USB port def works as I can charge a Pro Controller off it. And the Ethernet cable works and it works with another device....balls

Looks like will have to make do with Wifi even when docked for now.

The dock for the Nintendo Switch can be very tempremental, on all of the connections, it might be worth disconnecting everything, starting with the dock and the Switch, then adding each peripheral or USB cable that you usually have attached to it, sometimes this can sort out problems, the LAN adapter might be alright, especially if it's official, if the LAN adapter isn't official, I've heard some of these can be hit and miss with compatibility.

- - - - -

MonsterHunterRise.jpg

My copy arrived this morning, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I am keen to try it out later, it's the first time I've wanted to play a new game in a good while. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insect Glaive is amazing in this game.

That is all :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites