Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

Recommended Posts

Revenge is mine!!!

Thats 4 star village quests done :)

Love that the move I beat him with was tye mounted discharge of the Switchaxe. Makes it that bit more epic :D

Also loving the Rathian armour for the palimute :) Decides to display his armour again when I saw that

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kav said:

Rise has shipped 4 millions copies!

In three days, insane. 

Add a few million Switch sales in Japan this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2021 at 4:34 PM, Ike said:

Posting for awareness.

 

The issue extends to the radial menu too...

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kav said:

Rise has shipped 4 millions copies!

A million less than World but still great numbers. Saying that, World shipped on two consoles but you may as well not have counted the Xbox in that. :p 

It’s going to be interesting to see if this sells more than World in the long run. It’s a far more casual experience and with it being on the Switch it will do stupidly well in Japan.

Back in from work now and back on the hunt. Think I’ve only got 10 quests left to do in the hub area. Crazy how little content there is compared to other entries in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A million less than World but still great numbers. Saying that, World shipped on two consoles but you may as well not have counted the Xbox in that. :p 

It’s going to be interesting to see if this sells more than World in the long run. It’s a far more casual experience and with it being on the Switch it will do stupidly well in Japan.

Back in from work now and back on the hunt. Think I’ve only got 10 quests left to do in the hub area. Crazy how little content there is compared to other entries in the series.

Worth pointing out that Switch games generally have better legs than PS4/Xbone games; so it’s very possible that it could still outsell MHW when all is said & done.

One thing’s for sure though, Capcom vastly undershipped this game; especially in Japan.  They could’ve easily have done 2.5-3 million in Japan for its opening weekend if the stock was there.

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcubed said:

Worth pointing out that Switch games generally have better legs than PS4/Xbone games; so it’s very possible that it could still outsell MHW.

One thing’s for sure though, Capcom vastly undershipped this game; especially in Japan.  They could’ve easily have done 2.5-3 million in Japan for its opening weekend if the stock was there.

There’s also the PC version on the way next year to help boost the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mokong said:

Revenge is mine!!!

Thats 4 star village quests done :)

Love that the move I beat him with was tye mounted discharge of the Switchaxe. Makes it that bit more epic :D

Also loving the Rathian armour for the palimute :) Decides to display his armour again when I saw that

Village story done high five! Just beat it now.

I almost killed my Magnamalo with a Rathian. Once I dismounted that. I wailed on Magnamalo about 4 more times and it died.

Would've felt so much cooler to finish it off with the actual Rathian...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The credits have rolled for me as well. :cool: 

This is definitely the quickest I’ve ever “completed” a Monster Hunter game, but it’s also the very first time I’ve done so without carting even once!! :o Speaks volumes for how low the difficulty level is in this version (well, on the village quests at least) and also how OP Wirebug moves are.

I’m sure that’ll change once I get into the high rank/online side of things, but even so it’s still pretty crazy. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, I forgot I didn’t have Nintendo Switch Online!

I guess I’ll not be joining you guys online, I’m not buying it just for this, I’ll be playing through single-player.

It’ll not be the same but I’ll only be playing this here and there anyhoo.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The credits have rolled for me as well. :cool: 

This is definitely the quickest I’ve ever “completed” a Monster Hunter game, but it’s also the very first time I’ve done so without carting even once!! :o Speaks volumes for how low the difficulty level is in this version (well, on the village quests at least) and also how OP Wirebug moves are.

I’m sure that’ll change once I get into the high rank/online side of things, but even so it’s still pretty crazy. 

It's worth remembering that because Blademasters and Gunners share the same armour now, there's a defense bonus applied depending on what kind of weapon you have.

Blademasters get reduced damage from physical attacks. This is applied on top of the armour defense, so that's why it feels like you take less damage than you probably would in other games. Because you are. The monsters haven't gotten weaker, the hunters have become super-human!

I think Gunners get it even better. They finally get to use armour that isn't sub-par, but still keep their elemental defense because that's the bonus they get.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kav said:

Haha, I forgot I didn’t have Nintendo Switch Online!

I guess I’ll not be joining you guys online, I’m not buying it just for this, I’ll be playing through single-player.

It’ll not be the same but I’ll only be playing this here and there anyhoo.

This makes me sad 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone on for some this evening? 

Powered through some HR today, just done Magnamalo so up to HR3 now, looks like some classic monsters on this "to do" list...

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RedShell said:

This is definitely the quickest I’ve ever “completed” a Monster Hunter game, but it’s also the very first time I’ve done so without carting even once!! :o

So guess what happened on literally the first quest I did after making that post. :laughing:

Rathalos got the honours. :hehe: 

Although he needed to simultaneously set me on fire, poison, stun and trap me in a corner in order to do it. :heh: 

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I think Gunners get it even better. They finally get to use armour that isn't sub-par, but still keep their elemental defense because that's the bonus they get.

Ah yeah, I’d forgotten about gunners having decent armour now, which combined with naturally being further away from the monsters makes a huge difference.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there not seperate gunner armour anymore?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myself, Sam and JBS in a lobby one spot left if anyone around

Lobby ID is CSQLX9

Password 2580

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This playlist (not yet complete) will be a must for those unsure about what weapon to use or if anyone fancies giving any other weapon a go but doesn’t know much about them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the games @Kaepora_Gaebora & @Mokong :D

It was great to make some progress on the quests, and my Hunter seems to be a bit more useful now that I've got some new Dual Blades.

I've upgraded two parts of my armour as well, though I'll need to hunt Magnamalo a few more times for the set, I reckon. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my game finally came today, and I managed to plug a couple hours in. Did the Great Jaggi and the Azuros, and just explored a bit. Obviously far too early to give any kind of verdict, but I will say I've never been tempted by the exploration before in these games, where here the wirebug and dog just make it easy and fun. I didn't play world, but the quality of life changes here are what I have been begging for from these games. 

I'll be up for some hub quests tomorrow if anyone has time to help a scrub.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was good fun last night @S.C.G and @Mokong, sorry I only did 2 fights, old age (plus the best part of 12 hours playing it yesterday 🙈) did me in! 

Feel like I got myself "into" it yesterday, really enjoyed the hub stuff with my brother and then you guys, feels like Monster Hunter now with the added bonus of that wirebug making fights so kinetic! 

Still not sure how I feel about it compared with World, I do miss the scope and the monsters feeling absolutely huge, but on the flip side the loading times...OH the loading times 😍 I'm in heaven, it's all just so seamless, so quick, makes the power of the Xbox and PS seem paltry in comparison when whether your solo, local or online the whole thing is just so quick and fluid. Amazing work on that front! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mokong said:

Is there not seperate gunner armour anymore?

Nope, nothing is stopping you from switching to a Gunner weapon if you want. It's great!

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

So guess what happened on literally the first quest I did after making that post. :laughing:

Rathalos got the honours. :hehe: 

I did that fight yesterday. Was going in expecting my 10 millionth fight with Rath.

No-one told me that they completely revamped this monster! Took me by complete surprise! It felt like I was fighting a completely different monster. It was great! Had to actually use potions for once instead of just sticking with First-Aid Meds.

The best thing about this Rathalos is it no longer does that cheap tactic of roaring and then immediately pelting you with an unavoidable fireball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credits seen, Alls 1,2 ad 3 star village quests done.. Magnamalo is sno joke at all! that thing isno joke at all! Like seriously the Trmobra armour made everything in 4 star so easy...then Magnamalo hit like a truck!  even with it fully upgraded! I  have a few more village 4 stars to do...I was on my last life against that thing! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blade twisted my arm into getting the online so I’ll be on... at some point in the future. Haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kav said:

@Blade twisted my arm into getting the online so I’ll be on... at some point in the future. Haha

Now we are talking! If you want to do voice chat (...) Then get involved in the Discord 😎

I did a Rampage with my bro yesterday, no real clue what was going on save for firing cannons and arrows and dragonators at monsters until we won, although not sure what the criteria was or how we actually won. I've just unlocked the village one too, unless it becomes all of a sudden a revelation I can't see myself actively pursuing the rampage's save for if they have some exclusive/high end rewards that are worth it.

Got a few achievements I want to try and get done on Sea of Thieves, which with a fair wind might not take me too long, then I can try and get myself to HR7 and village quests done for the end April ready for the update and HR unlocking 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Now we are talking! If you want to do voice chat (...) Then get involved in the Discord 😎

How’s this Discord malarkey work then? I’ve downloaded the App to my phone but no idea what to do.

Edited by Kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-3-2021 at 9:50 PM, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

@S.C.G consider it done...

 

https://discord.gg/FgdCXGgJ

First time I've set one up so hopefully it'll work, no password at the moment so, well, anyone who wants to get on voice chat from here, this could well be the place to be, come one come all!

 

@Kav If you click on above link the app should add you to the proper group.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites