NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

A demo for DLC? Has that ever happened before? The only thing I think comes close is early Sephiroth in Smash Ultimate, but you still had to buy it in the first place, so...

Granted, this is comparable to Generations Ultimate getting a demo, but it's still weird to think about.

Been thinking about getting Rise lately so that demo is good timing. I'll give the Steam one a try this weekend.

Full Sunbreak presentation

Gore is back!!! GORE IS BACK!

Also Jungle map returns, great they are adding maps, not sure why but I was worried we might not get more maps.

And Lucent Narga coming in first free update after launch!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Been thinking about getting Rise lately so that demo is good timing. I'll give the Steam one a try this weekend.

Worth noting that Rise doesn't support cross saves or crossplay. So if you go for any version, you're committed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Worth noting that Rise doesn't support cross saves or crossplay. So if you go for any version, you're committed.

Yeah that's fine I'd only be interested in the Steam version anyway.

With Sunbreak hitting soon (still not sure if I'm going to buy it), I fired this up last week and have been it playing on and off in between other games. The amount of DLC quests that were available for me to do was crazy! I got through a bunch of them but I've still got around 10 left to do. It was good to see that the online is still active for the game. I didn't have any trouble finding people to hunt with. What I did have trouble with was finding people who were good enough to tackle these quests. :D Some of the harder ones took many attempts due to the amount of random players who were carting. :p Still, it's been fun playing through the game again, even if I still think it is the weakest entry in the series.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

still not sure if I'm going to buy it

Same here. :hmm: 

I’ve given the Sunbreak demo a quick go on both Switch and PC, but it’s an annoying situation because my characters, progress, hunting buddies, etc. are held hostage on Switch, and it’s really tough going back to that version of the game having now experienced it on PC.

Capcom (or more likely, Nintendo) were such donuts for not allowing cross-save/play. :angry:

But yeah, I got a good 300+ hours out of the base game, and have lots of stuff (actually too much :hehe:) to be playing at the moment anyway. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I didn't have any trouble finding people to hunt with. What I did have trouble with was finding people who were good enough to tackle these quests. :D Some of the harder ones took many attempts due to the amount of random players who were carting.

@Mokong was having a similar issue with the Apex Rathalos Emergency quest where the random people kept carting.

And then I hopped on and the two of us did it first go! Quality over quantity, baby! Not without a tense fight, though. Those Apex Emergency quests are proper tough!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@Mokong was having a similar issue with the Apex Rathalos Emergency quest where the random people kept carting.

And then I hopped on and the two of us did it first go! Quality over quantity, baby! Not without a tense fight, though. Those Apex Emergency quests are proper tough!

100% quality over quantity.

I used to get excited when a Japanese name joined a Join Request, thinking, yes this guy surely knows what he's doing...cart as soon as gets to monster.

I could sleep last night so threw on the game for a bit, tried the Event Apex Ziggy....2 attemps and triple carts from randoms inside 10 mins...said feck it, went offline so could have two palicos, did it solo, took 30-35mins but I got the bitch done haha.

Oy the Event Valstrax left and that will be all Events ticked before the Sun Rises to Break a new dawn ;)

11 hours ago, Mokong said:

I could sleep last night so threw on the game for a bit, tried the Event Apex Ziggy....2 attemps and triple carts from randoms inside 10 mins...said feck it, went offline so could have two palicos, did it solo, took 30-35mins but I got the bitch done haha.

I think i've still got this one to do. People seem to have a really hard time with this for for some reason.

11 hours ago, Mokong said:

Oy the Event Valstrax left and that will be all Events ticked before the Sun Rises to Break a new dawn ;)

This is another one where people seem to struggle. I managed to get this one done over the weekend. Once I found a decent team, the battle itself went pretty quickly and smoothly. I do enjoy fighting it though. It's a really fun fight that keeps you on your toes.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think i've still got this one to do. People seem to have a really hard time with this for for some reason.

It's the stuns. It always is with hard electric monsters.

People can't be bothered with negating it, and I bet no-one bothers with Wide Range for emergency healing for anyone who's about to get combo'd with it.

Edited by Glen-i

59 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

People can't be bothered with negating it, and I bet no-one bothers with Wide Range for emergency healing for anyone who's about to get combo'd with it.

They do not. :D 

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They do not. :D 

Figures. Everyone wants a medic, but no-one ever wants to be the medic.

Mokong and I have played together so much at this point, we basically have an understanding that I keep health and stamina topped up thanks to SnS and it's quickness (and getting a couple of stuns in), leaving him to focus more on dealing mad damage with his usual slower weapons.

In return, I can rely on him to use Demondrugs, etc, for buffs on particularly difficult quests. As well as luring other monsters to get a ride in.

Another thing I've noticed is that random people tend to make a beeline to monsters, only to get one shotted, because they didn't take some detours to gather some Spiribirds for a longer health bar and more defense.

The irony there is that the time they might have saved is then wasted healing more then they'd need to, or getting carted easier.

I always head straight for the beastie. Ain't got time for collecting stuff. :D 

I've found the best way to get around the healing issue is just not to get hit. :p 

I'm gomna jump on for a bit to try tick off the Event Crimson Valstrax if anyone wants to give it a go with me :)

10 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I'm gomna jump on for a bit to try tick off the Event Crimson Valstrax if anyone wants to give it a go with me :)

If you don't mind waiting to 9:15, I'll be there.

I was on this again yesterday evening and managed to knock out a few more quests. I think there are only 3 or 4 more left to do now. I should get them done and dusted before next week, just in case I do decide to pick up the expansion.

• Like 1

Between last night and this evening with help from @Bladeaand @Glen-i I've got all quests, all events, all arean and all Challenge Quests now ticked off and ready for the Sun to Break on a new dawn of quest lists to be completed :)

Final event quest, Event Crimson Glow Valstrax

Final Challenge Quest 07, Apex Ziggy, Apex Mitzu and Apex Blos

And of course I had a few fail moments like this one earlier in the evening wtpshere I totally under estimated how hard this Goss hits

• Like 2

Got up early to try out Sunbreak :)

Enjoying it so far. Nice to of course have some new quests and stuff.

You don't get access to Elgado straight away, there's a quest in the Shrine Ruins you have to complete before you get to go there.

Once got there I spent some time just looking around. A few odd things I noticed, there seems to be no Village Quest types, all Hub quests (so far) and the Elgado diner doesn't have a dango song, booo, haha

I've done a few of the MR1 quests, got the urgent unlocked but not done it yet. Two quests left to tick off on MR1 (small monster quests). Will probably leave the urgent till get home and hopefully get to do with some the N-E Brotherhood this evening.

Equipment wise, I've not had to build anything yet. Using maxed out Valstrax gear which seems fine for now.

The lvl 1 MR gear on offer at moment has lower defence so would require a build then an upgrade to be an improvement over what I got right now.

Not struggled much yet. Monsters do hit harder as expected so I figure by time I get to MR2 my current gear my start struggling.

Did the first new quest in Kamura solo. Then when started doing quests at Elgado opened a lobby to see what randoms would join. No carts from randoms.... Or me so far haha

First Sunbreak Update drops tomorrow

• Thanks 1

monsterhunterdigitaleventaugust2022roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Monster Hunter Digital Event August 2022 Roundup

Full press release, patch notes, and video.

Check the article for all the details.

Sunbreak Title Update 3 drops Nov 24th

Risen Teostra
Risen Kushala Daora
And
Chaotic Gore Magala

A7 anomoly quests with Afflicted Flaming Espinas, Scorned Magnamalo, Gold Rath and Silver Los

Anomoly Research max level increased to 200....and cleared quests you will get the option to lower level if you want.

Followers can be used in ALL quests Master Rank and Anomoly (they didn't state it but I assume only if playing offline)

New stat options for Qurios Weapon crafting and for Qurios Armour crafting you'll be able to choose if you want to roll for Defence stats or Skills!!!!!!

Title Update 4 for "Winter 2023" will have an Elder Dragon and "powered-up Monster"....can only assume the Elder Dragon, to be something new not in the game yet. Hoping for Alatreon.

And they announced a Title Update 5 for "Spring 2023" with "more monsters".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mokong said:

Hoping for Alatreon.

I'm not. Thing is consistently a nightmare to fight whenever it shows up.

Being able to specifically roll for skills in Qurio crafting is just what I wanted!

• Like 1

Yep, that's right, the hit Capcom game Monster Hunter Rise is coming to the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC in 2023 and it will be available on Game Pass.

Monster Hunter Rise will be available on January 20, 2023, as well as the expansion launching in Spring 2023.

It's said that Monster Hunter Rise will be a full "4K60 port" with "3D audio" on the consoles.

The game, developed and published by Capcom was first released on the Nintendo Switch in March 2021 and would later release on PC in January 2022.

It sold more than 11 million copies worldwide since its launch, with the Sunbreak expansion selling an estimated 4 million copies as of August 2022. With the imminent announcement that the game will soon be coming to current-gen consoles, it has the potential to become one of Capcom's best-selling titles.

If true, I'll be double dipping and getting it on the PlayStation. I was very close to buying the Sunbreak DLC in the recent sale. Glad I held off.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1