NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

*Sounds of a Hunting Horn echo as the wind begins to shake the trees, growing stronger with each gust*

My fellow Hunter Brothers and Sisters. This is a call to arms. Sharpen your blades, strengthen your hammers, tighten your bow strings.

For a new Ibushi is approaching!
He comes without a rampage and without a queen for this Ibushi is said to be so powerful he does not require the support of either.

Hunters we must defend Kamura, nay the world, from this beast least it wreck destruction on all!

In short, new event quest with a G Rank Ibushi is up today, any up for some hunts this evening 8 or 9ish?

Played this game again after not playing for several weeks. Did some online hunts with @Mokong, @Glen-i and @Londragon and son, and a couple of online quests with randoms.

It has rekindled my love for the game, and further confirmed that this is definitely going to be my GOTY, seeing as not much more will be releasing for me. At the moment I have an awesome hunting horn support set, despite it not having the greatest defense. I have a good lance set as well, and I'm currently upgrading a bow set.

What I'm looking for now is to build an overall capable set for the other weapons, one I can use with Switchaxe, Hammer, Long Sword, Dual Blades. Preferably one with high affinity/critical hit. Thinking of just building the set of one of the stronger beasts like Valstrax, Narwa or Teostra/Chameleos. Any advice here?

5 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

What I'm looking for now is to build an overall capable set for the other weapons, one I can use with Switchaxe, Hammer, Long Sword, Dual Blades. Preferably one with high affinity/critical hit. Thinking of just building the set of one of the stronger beasts like Valstrax, Narwa or Teostra/Chameleos. Any advice here?

There's a Sword and Shield with literally 100% affinity when maxed out.

The Narwa armour is very interesting, because it has wonderful little skill called "Stormsoul" Getting that to level 5 gives a 15% Thunder and Dragon Boost, which is nice, but it also adds 2 levels to every other skill on the armour! (Doesn't effect skills on weapons or Talismans, unfortunately)

This is nuts! But going for a full Narwa set will inevitably leave you with skills that will go to waste.

However, the Ibushi set also has Stormsoul, so you can mix and match between the two to choose which skills you want.

For example, here's the skill set of the armour I currently have.

Spoiler

Evade Window Level 4 and Evade Extender Level 3 - I can literally roll through attacks with these, Sword and Shield can easily dodge out of attack animations, so if I need to, I can roll through a Rathalos tail, no problem.

Wind Alignment Level 5 and Thunder Alignment Level 4 - Increases Thunder and Dragon resistance by 4. The Level 5 skill also gives Great Luck, so more quest rewards for me!

Stormsoul Level 5 - Already explained what this stupid useful skill does.

Guard Level 4 - Decreases impact of attacks and stamina depletion when I block an attack.

Focus Level 3 and Power Prolonger Level 3 - Does absolutely nothing for Sword and Shield, but it's there... Couldn't substitute it for anything else.

Marathon Runner Level 3 - Halves stamina depletion from running (Would also affect things that continuously deplete stamina, like Dual Blades Demon Mode)

Partbreaker Level 3 - Let's me break parts 30 percent quicker.

Flinch Free Level 3 - Prevents knockbacks and tripping. No more getting interrupted by other players!

BTW, this doesn't include skills on my weapon and talisman. If I include those, then Evade Window gets bumped up to Level 5, and I can get Wide-Range and Free Meal on there, depending on the slots I have on my weapon!

Yeah, it's nuts! Any melee weapon can really do well if you carefully mix the two sets! Gunners don't gel well with these armour sets though.

You mention the Valstrax set, so I'm gonna mention @Mokong, who frequently uses that set, and would be better equipped to explain why that set rocks.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, the Hunter and Palamute armour for that looks pretty nice.

The Felyne costume? Not so much. But that's great for a whole different reason.

Hopefully, we'll see more non-Capcom crossovers now, because the quality of them have been really high compared to previous entries I've played.

Pity that the PC version means Ninty stuff is likely right out.

Yes, curious to hear more about Sunbreak! Mostly interested to see how extensive it is, and what price they are going to ask for it.

I want a release date and a sea variant of Jhen Mohran that would fight on route sailing from Kamura to the new hub (forgot the name :p )

Ideally would prefer just a return of Jhen Mohran but a sea variant fight would fit story setting better

3 hours ago, Mokong said:

Ideally would prefer just a return of Jhen Mohran but a sea variant fight would fit story setting better

It's the one thing that I've been really missing since 4 Ultimate, these behemoth multistage fights. Would be great if they would make a comeback.

Saw on the NSO area on the Switch that this will be the next Game Trial. They're trying to hook people in at the same time as this digital event.

So... to summarise...

Sunbreak is DLC for MHR owners (an additional Deluxe edition with extra costumes and tat is also available).  Physical version is just MHR with a download code for Sunbreak; Sunbreak is NOT included on the cartridge!
MHR+Sunbreak bundle also available
3x new Amiibo
eShop preorders start today, along with some pre-order exclusive Palico/Palimute costumes.  Sunbreak releases on June 30th 2022 worldwide.

13GB mandatory update for all MHR owners, regardless of whether or not you are buying Sunbreak (Basically ALA Smash Bros DLC updates)

Brand new hub area (The Elgado Outpost) with completely unique story content

3x new Large Monsters shown, 1x new Subspecies shown, 2x returning Large Monsters from a previous MH game, new wirebug actions, new endemic life, existing weapons are getting rebalanced & new OP weapons will be given out to MHR players to help get them up to spec to beat the mandatory 7 Star Story Quest required within the base MHR to start playing Sunbreak.

Master Rank (AKA G-Rank) added

Sunbreak will also be getting post-release updates & further DLC as the base game (and Iceborne) previously did

Edited by Dcubed

Actually, that beginner equipment has been out for a while already.

I don't see it being good enough to get you to HR7. It's more for getting you to high rank.

If I'm correct Sunbreak will be priced at €40/£35. I'm guessing we have only seen a little bit of the new content, and there will be a lot more new monsters (or at least variations like Silver Rathalos etc). So on the one hand that is quite an expensive pack of DLC, but on the other hand €40 instead of having to buy Monster Hunter Rise Ultimate for €60 seems fair.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

If I'm correct Sunbreak will be priced at €40/£35. I'm guessing we have only seen a little bit of the new content, and there will be a lot more new monsters (or at least variations like Silver Rathalos etc). So on the one hand that is quite an expensive pack of DLC, but on the other hand €40 instead of having to buy Monster Hunter Rise Ultimate for €60 seems fair.

I would expect the amount of new content to be on par with Monster Hunter Iceborne, which added...

- 5 new monsters
- 13 new variants/subspecies
- 5 returning monsters
- 12 returning variants/subspecies

- 2x new locales
- A new home base with all new story content

Edited by Dcubed

Man, the MH Pro Controllers always look so nice, and this one is no exception: 

• Like 1

monsterhunterrisemay2022digitaleventroundupbanner.620x0.webp

Monster Hunter Digital Event May 2022 Roundup

Now up on the main page, full roundup including a press release, and video embed.

Check out the article for the details.

• Like 1

Omg the new SwitchAxe combos are looking insane, I can't wait to be pulling these off

@Glen-iDDestroyer Oil is a new Slikbind!!

And for any HBG users this looks cool

6 hours ago, Mokong said:

Glen-iDDestroyer Oil is a new Slikbind!!

theoffice2.gif

I thought I'd never see my Generations Ultimate Flinchy Sword ever again! Not quite as broken as Chaos Oil, but the most important part is there!

And I don't even have to give up the Shoryuken counter? Even better! Flinches and stuns for days!

• Like 1

I'll probably make a few more SnS builds to swap between SwAx and SnS builds more.

Looking forward to seeing new stuff to the Hubting Horn, hope that is the next video reveal.

Free demo dropping on Switch (and Steam) in the early hours of the 15th BST / square in the evening PDT for all you folks who like hunting monsters:

• Thanks 1