NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

47 minutes ago, RedShell said:

New PB for solo Narwa hunt: :cool: 

And that was without eating for Felyne Weakener, although not sure how much that weakens Narwa, if at all.

But yeah, pretty pleased with that time. :hehe: 

6 mins! That's 3 mins better tyan my PB.....teach me your ways Master Jedi.

What skills and equipment you using?

13 minutes ago, Mokong said:

6 mins! That's 3 mins better tyan my PB.....teach me your ways Master Jedi.

I guarantee it's a Light Bowgun.

It's insane how much damage he does with that!

We did that event quest that just released. @Dcubed and I took on the Goss Harag while @RedShell solo'd the Mangnamolo.

He won.

He couldn't quite emulate it when we added @Ugh first aid to our ranks, but he still got it near death when we finished up.

Honestly? Chances are anyone joining him is slowing him down because of the extra health a monster gets per extra person.

Good thing we can serve as distractions, really.

Edited by Glen-i

31 minutes ago, Mokong said:

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I guarantee it's a Light Bowgun

Yep, the Zinogre Light Bowgun using mainly Slicing ammo taking full advantage of Weakness Exploit Lv 3. It’s pretty sweet. :hehe: 

*EDIT*

Lv 3 skills list:

• Weakness Exploit
  • Spare Shot
  • Ammo Up
  • Reload Speed
  • Recoil Down
  • Rapid Fire Up

:peace:

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1

Save for the solo Advanced Quest they've added, parking this for a bit until we get a big content drop with some bigger monsters and tougher quests.

I prefer to rank up and build up better sets organically, absolutely admire you lot who are farming and testing your time skills, but I've red ticked all the High Rank HR quests and my sets are so far holding up, so 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely love the game and it's great to play, just want that normal MH build up of hunts and bigger and badder monsters to go after. Hopefully May's update will be a big content drop 🤞

• Like 2

Not so epic moments from me!

Had no idea @Blade was messing with the Wirebug, which only makes it funnier!

• Haha 2

Hopefully they will show some substantial new content. What’s been offer so far has been quite poor. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hopefully they will show some substantial new content. What’s been offer so far has been quite poor. 

If it's another drip feed again I'll feel quite let down 😢

New Event Quest, reward is spdcial armour, Cunning Specs.... wohooo my hopes for Shadow Shades and Biker Jacket being added are renewed.

Not done quest yet but apparently the specs have level 2 Geologist and two level 2 slots

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mokong said:

Not done quest yet but apparently the specs have level 2 Geologist and two level 2 slots

Yep, that’s right.

Was that “Special” tab always there in the forge armour section though, or did it appear alongside this event quest? :blank: Can’t remember now. :hehe: 
Anyway, this is indeed a pretty good sign that stuff like the shadow shades (and the usual silly armour) will eventually appear. :)

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Was that “Special” tab always there in the forge armour section though, or did it appear alongside this event quest? :blank: Can’t remember now. :hehe: 

Nope, that's defo new.

Hopefully, you can make a layered armour version of special armour...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, that's defo new.

Hopefully, you can make a layered armour version of special armour...

You can make a layered version of it :)

• Like 1

content-4-36503-monsterhunterdigitaleventmay2021banner.jpg

Monster Hunter Digital Event to be broadcast on Wednesday 26th May at 3PM UK time

Up on the main page.

N-Europe will have a full roundup available, shortly after the presentation on Wednesday.

- - - - -

What is it with Magnamalo Turf Wars ending by barrelling right towards me!? It happened twice yesterday!

Anyway, @RedShell and I got some exclusive access to Monster Hunter Stories 2!

Seemed appropriate that I ended up with the googly-eye lizard with a long tongue.

• Haha 3

So 2 new monsters (one is an Apex), and a new story ending are coming tomorrow in the 3.0 update. 

From mid June there will be collaboration quests with the first being a Monster Hunter Stories crossover, and the way they announced it it looks like further collabs will also focus on Capcom IPs.

No G-Rank so far, so I think I'm done quite fast if this is all the new content for the coming months...

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

content-4-36506-monsterhunterdigitaleventmay2021roundupbanner.jpg

Monster Hunter Digital Event May 2021 Roundup

Up on the main page.

N-Europe's roundup of the event, full press release and video link. :peace:

(will update with video embed, whenever the software enables it again) :indeed:

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not played update yet, won't get chance till this evening but jist watching this video on Crimson Glow Valstrax.

Big take away, the gloves fornhis armour have Weakness Exploit level 2 with a level 2 slot which means you can get a full weakness exploit level 3  off just the gloves. And since my WEX sets are using talismans for WEX I'll be going to the drawing board with this baby!

Oh... It still has that Dragonheart skill?

Welp, that's a pass from me. Don't like being at 2 thirds of max health at all!

Apart from that, the skills are quite different from the MHGU version. Guess that's why they're classing this Valstrax as a variant, even though it's really not.

Edited by Glen-i

So the new final boss fight is pretty awesome.

Won't spoil anything, if you can avoid finding out what happens till you get to do it yourself, more fun that way.

Myself and @Blade double teamed it, we failed on first attempt (I'll admit it was me that fainted all three times too :( )

But we got it done the second time round...26 mins...felt like a marathon.

@Glen-i joined then so we did it again for his urgent was good fun :)

No Orbs for me though so can't upgrade my weapons yet.

Did Crimson Glow Valstrax with Glen then, tis basically Valstrax on crack haha

• Like 2

Yeah, that Valstrax is nuts! Evade Window is the only reason I was able to avoid carting!

Speaking of, I'm totally farming the final boss for that armour, it's so good!

EDIT: Now that I got a chance to listen to the Final Boss music without running around and panicking, it's really something. Might just be the best music in Monster Hunter history. Definitely top 5.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

On 14/05/2021 at 1:32 PM, RedShell said:

Glad you don’t need to bother with the monster size crowns this time. :grin: 

Spoke too soon. Looks like the latest update has added that very requirement. :laughing: 100% completion just got more annoying. :hehe:

Anyway, have once again done all the available quests. The new content is pretty good, and the Valstrax and final boss quests are plenty challenging before you’re able to upgrade your gear! :cool:

34 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, have once again done all the available quests. The new content is pretty good, and the Valstrax and final boss quests are plenty challenging before you’re able to upgrade your gear! :cool:

Yep, random people carting left and right! It's a proper massacre! Luckily, I roll through everything, Evade Window really taps into my Smash Bros tendencies!

Speaking of that.

Spoiler

ICJAD8F_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

End game armour that gives me Evade Window and Evade Extender!? Sign me the eff up! The 7 other skills are just bonuses! (Focus and Power Prolonger have no effect on SnS, sadly)

It's a pity that Stormsoul doesn't affect Talismans and Weapon slots though... Thought we might have had Neset Armour 2.0 for a moment there.

I'm really not keen on the Valstrax set though, even with Dragonheart being changed to activate at 80% health instead of two thirds. I basically live at 90% health all the time, just in case I get unfortunate luck with getting comboed. Also, Dragonblight absolutely sucks for the SnS! We need that elemental or status kick to really cut through HP. Sure, the attack boost probably is better, but I'm all about support anyway.

Also, no Evade Window, I could probably gem it on, but eh...

That said, if I got a great talisman with Wide-Range and Evade Window, then I probably will make the switch, that's a lot of yummy slots! Enough that I can probably play while mostly ignoring Dragonheart anyway.

Edited by Glen-i

Built and maxed the Valstrax Switchaxe and using the Valstrax Gloves armour was able to swap around talisman and waist armour on my Narwa Faming/Dragon set.

Upped Crit Eye to level 4 from 3 and maxed Crit Elem from level 2 to 3...though I had to drop Rapid Morph from 3 to 2.

Took it for a spin in a Solo Narwa hunt and smashed my previous record of 9 mins 1sec by 65 seconds :)

Next on the agenda is building the Valstra Armour, and the Narwa/Ibushi armor as I haven't even built them yet never mind needing to upgrade to new levels :p

• Like 1