NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

Off work today but not had much chance to play yet.

Managed to give the new Village quest a go, the Advanced Triple hunt in Arena. Once two monsters were in map I started messing up, bloody fence doesn't stay up long enough.

Carted whioe 1st and 2nd Monster had me in a tag team. Then later 2nd and 3rd managed to corner me a 2nd cart.

Managed to get rid of 2nd, left with 3rd monster, thought I was doing well then he caught me with a combo..... Might upgrade my armour before trying again now that the level cap on armour is raised also.

More skills available as decorations now also, including Weakness Exploit! Maybe now I can stop farming Talismans.....(I'll never stop farming Talismans haha)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

including a big hitter from World I didn't expect to see 🕵️

Yeah, I did a double-take at that. :grin: Very cool surprise.

Gave that Advanced Triple Hunt another go and beat it. 34mins, like a marathon.

Had a number of facepalm moments when trying to use fence and having one monster suddenly jump across the middle as I press button trapping both together....damnit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Playing at random times at the moment, so managed to get on early this morning to try out some of the new HR quests. Came out of the level cap at...HR8 😂 3 hunts later though and I'm at HR17, so it's levelling up pretty quick, and hopefully I'll unlock the advertised new monsters soon 💪

Noticed a few glitches but mainly in the quest selection (wrong descriptions, and had the same quest on my list 5 times too) but apart from that all seems like classic stuff to me, without being toooo difficult yet, hopefully there will be a spike the higher up HR I go 🤷‍♂️ or we'll just have to wait for the inevitable G rank DLC to get that true test!

• Thanks 1

Did Chamelos last night. Fun hunt. I hosted a join request so had 3 randoms join who were all good hunters too.

Can't remember exact time but it was less than 15 mins, didn't seem Elder Dragon level but with Teostra and Kushala waiting somewhere I figure this was just a teaser.

Also got his gem/ruby/orb whatever it was off the one hunt. Now that was bloody lucky.

• Like 1

I made it to HR6 yesterday so I'm getting close to that magical HR7! I was still donning a Low Rank (but fully upgraded) Almudron set. The urgent quest Mitsuzune wiped me and a bunch of randoms out pretty fast though, so I grinded a bit to get the High Rank Bishaten set. That went pretty fast as I joined a Bishaten hunt that was over in 5 minutes. :grin: After that me and a group of randoms took down the Mitsuzune.

So I finally was able to use some decorations as well. Upped my defense and gemmed in Horn Maestro for my Hunting Horn. The set also has Wide Range so it's a pretty decent supportive set in combination with the Hunting Horn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First Event Quest is out now. It a Tetranadon hunt, no special conditions. Prize is a new free gesture.

Damnit where's my Shadow Shades and Biker Jacket!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mokong said:

First Event Quest is out now. It a Tetranadon hunt, no special conditions. Prize is a new free gesture.

Damnit where's my Shadow Shades and Biker Jacket!

I mean, I want normal clothes as much as the next fashion Hunter, but it's the first event quest! Give it some time!

I put a bit of time into the new update content yesterday evening. I see the rampage missions dish out quite a few of the layered armour tickets. Perfect for people who are fashion hunters. 

I’ve just reached HR 40 and so far the elder dragons haven’t really been challenging at all. Hopefully once the apex beasts start showing up in regular hunts the game will have a little more bite to it.

I’m happy that the HR cap has now been lifted, although why they chose to lock it behind an update is baffling to me. It’s a first for the series and I hope the trend doesn’t continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awful, because he's the wrong bloody colour!

Also, Monster Hunter Rise redid all the monster icons, so that doesn't even fit the style!

3/10, must try harder.

OK, real talk, I already mentioned that Nintendo have plenty of monsters a few pages back, when I mentioned that Fury Bowser would fit pretty nicely as a Behemoth style event monster.

I still think it's a good idea.

Well if Epona can be considered an honourary Monster Hunter monster, why not Ridley?

Still hoping for a Zelda theme cross over. Breath of Wild style armour. Master Sword and Hylian Shield, SnS, Wolf Link layered armour for Palamute and maybe Midna style layered armour for Palico.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Still hoping for a Zelda theme cross over. Breath of Wild style armour. Master Sword and Hylian Shield, SnS, Wolf Link layered armour for Palamute and maybe Midna style layered armour for Palico.

My concern for that is that Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate has already done the bolded, so the MH team might not think it's interesting to do it again.

Of course, that can be mitigated by having the Zelda stuff be available via a Lynel fight!

Nintendo series are just ripe for guest monsters! Massive missed opportunity if Capcom doesn't capitalise on that!

• Like 1

I'll be playing online (probably with @Mokong) at around 8:30, give or take a bit.

I'm HR6, but I'm more than happy to help anyone who is a lower rank.

Got myself to HR 40 this morning and took down Teostra... disappointed I didn't seem to unlock and new quests at the highest rank to take on, even with existing monsters 🤷‍♂️

There's still plenty for me to grind towards in terms of decorations and getting armour sets together, but I usually prefer to do that while moving things forward and taking on harder quests so...I'm not sure what to do, might park this for abit until end of the month when new quests and monsters become available, and pick it up again then. Or I just go back through the lower HR quests and mop up my blue/red ticks there.

I still can't get over the loading times in this, just exquisite 😍

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I still can't get over the loading times in this, just exquisite 😍

Geez, were the loading times that bad in World?

55 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

2 minute+ loading times were not abnormal on PS4/Xbone & their mid-gen refreshes.

PC was, of course, much better though; as is PS5/SeriesS|X.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Don’t know about the console versions, but they certainly weren’t bad on PC (installed to an SSD). Those little tips on the loading screens? Blink and you’ll miss ‘em! :hehe: 

I imagine Rise on PC is going to have no loading times whatsoever.

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1

Highly recommend turning up the sound.

This might just be my favourite thing in Rise! It's gonna be damn hard to resist doing this to anyone who gets paralysed.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 1:58 PM, Glen-i said:

Not specifically World (although they were pretty tedious) but just in general, a pet peeve of mine 🤷‍♂️

If no one has seen (because I didn't, randomly saw this mentioned on the world wide web) there's a new event quest up, HR7 Nargacuga gets you...some new stickers 😎😛

• Thanks 1

Downloaded the new Event Quest, not done it yet. Where's my event armour and weapons at? :(

Hope they start doing some crazy events soon with special conditions..  like the Baby Uragaan. That quest was a good laugh 😂

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Hope they start doing some crazy events soon with special conditions..  like the Baby Uragaan. That quest was a good laugh 😂

The music provided half the comedy of that fight. It was a real shame when 3 Ultimate had that quest, but didn't have the music.

That quest is still the absolute pinnacle of silly Monster Hunter!

• Like 1

Was trying out a new build with Blast Attack, Teostra Blessing and Partbreaker. I tend to use Narwa as my tester quest for new builds. Previous fastest solo time was 10 mins 30sec I think with a Narga Axe Weakness Exploit, Crit Boost and Attack boost build.

Was not expecting this new build to beat that but there it is, first under 10mins solo run of Narwa :)

Perfect timing (or very lucky) with the sleep and attaching the explosive phail

I think Glen is making this the traditional N-E post hunt celebration

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I think Glen is making this the traditional N-E post hunt celebration

You're damn right! It's the new running around in circles!

Anyway, I'm very good at this game!

• Haha 3