NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

35 minutes ago, Mokong said:

So is Rampage mode Monster Hunter meets Tower Defense games?

Yeah, certainly seems that way.  Should be a fun distraction from the main modes, but they failed to say if it was playable in multiplayer, so probably not.

So I did a bit more experimenting with all of the different weapon types. I hunted Great Izuchi with every single weapon and each time tried to follow the exact same path to the monster (yeah... it obviously didn't always work out :heh:) then I took note of the time it took to clear the quest, here are the results: Oh- and I didn't use any of the additional supplies (bombs, traps, etc.) or environmental buffs for any of these hunts, they were all done using only the main weapon. Well, dog and cat assistance too I guess, but that was out of my control. :D

1. Hunting Horn - 02:58 (WTF!? :o)
  2. Light Bowgun - 03:30
  3. Dual Blades - 04:31
  4. Hammer - 04:35
  5. Switch Axe - 04:47
  6. Sword & Shield - 04:56
  7. Charge Blade - 05:06
  8. Long Sword - 05:14
  9. Heavy Bowgun - 05:22
  10. Bow - 05:34
  11. Gunlance - 05:39
  12. Insect Glaive - 05:50
  13. Lance - 06:19
  14. Great Sword - 06:40 (seriously, how do you use this thing!? :p)

OK so first things first, either the Hunting Horn in this demo is a way better quality/rank weapon than all of the other types, or I'm somehow a Hunting Horn natural. :laughing: Either way, that was a big surprise to see it make the very best time as I have minimal experience with it. Hammer in 4th is also quite surprising but the truth is that was just a terrible run where literally everything went wrong. :hehe:

It's a shame there isn't an arena style quest in the demo, as that would've made this process slightly more scientific :geek: but it's still a pretty good indicator as to what weapon types might be best suited for me in this particular version of MH. Might have to do another few hunts with the top performers, especially Hunting Horn, to see if that was just a fluke. :grin: Luckily I have several profiles on my Switch, so lots of attempts left with the demo.

• Thanks 2

@RedShell, you can tell your pets to wait with the Action Bar (D-Pad left and Right), they won't fight if you do that.

More importantly, you can pet them when they're in that state.

The Hunting Horn has always been a solid weapon in decent hands, those buffs go a long way. I find it too slow for my liking though, so I definitely appreciate stumbling across someone who's good with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@RedShell, you can tell your pets to wait with the Action Bar (D-Pad left and Right), they won't fight if you do that.

More importantly, you can pet them when they're in that state.

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip. :)

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The Hunting Horn has always been a solid weapon in decent hands, those buffs go a long way. I find it too slow for my liking though, so I definitely appreciate stumbling across someone who's good with it.

Yeah, it is great how it helps everyone else out as well. I remember an online hunt in MHW when a really good Hunting Horn player responded to my SOS, suddenly my character was on steroids and seemingly invincible too! :cool: Maybe I'll make more of an effort to learn it in Rise. :hehe: I definitely get the feeling this version of MH could be the one where I end up using lots of different weapon types, rather than sticking to just 1 or 2 like I normally do.
The Wirebug has made many of them so much more fun to use! :bouncy:

Anyone up for a few Magnamalo hunts around 9pm?

29 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Anyone up for a few Magnamalo hunts around 9pm?

Sure. :) 

• Like 1

Cool, got a lobby set up

Lobby ID L02XHD

Password 1234

• Thanks 1

Ack, sorry, don't know what I was doing, timed out at end :p....set up a new lobby

ID is U0GPHJ

Password 1234

Ouch! 

Sorry for messing up at the start there, got seriously lost while riding Rathian. :heh: This hunt be brutal.

• Like 1

No worries, I was laughing at that haha.

Don't know what I was doing at end, for some reason thought would put us back in lobby automatically :p

ID is U0GPHJ

Password 1234

Ack, beaten by the timer in that last one :(

I gotta go now Red, thanks for the hunts. :)

I reckon if we could get a group of 4 we could do this

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ack, beaten by the timer in that last one :(

I gotta go now Red, thanks for the hunts.

I reckon of we could get a group of 4 we could do this

Yeah, you really need a full team for that monster in the demo, 15 mins is a super tight time limit! :o 

We were doing pretty great on that last one though, can’t have been too far off killing it. Looking forward to properly destroying Magnamalo in the full game! :cool: 

Anyway, cheers for the hunts. :) 

:peace:

• Like 1

It's a good bit of marketing by Capcom really, throw some relatively straightforward hunts in the first demo, update the demo with a very challenging hunt for the second.

Watch as many hunters, get very close to either beating the main monster, and then  either getting K-O'd or time over, vowing that 'next time' will be 'the run' :D

This newly formed connection to this monster, then carries over to the final game, because now you're invested, so of course you're going to pre-order it. ;)

Just you wait until March 26, 2021 Magnamalo... :smile:

Until then, we can always try again... I'm sure that the next run will be it, probably. :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw a suggestion about adding a Fury Bowser Hunt to Rise as a post-game update.

And now I'm upset, because it's a great idea, and it'll never happen. Fury Bowser has an aesthetic that would work pretty well in MH Rise. It'd certainly look less goofy than regular Bowser. (Although, I wouldn't complain if that happened)

Nintendo franchises defo have a good handful of creatures that wouldn't look that out of place in Monster Hunter. It worked well enough for Final Fantasy's Behemoth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mokong said:

No worries, I was laughing at that haha.

Don't know what I was doing at end, for some reason thought would put us back in lobby automatically :p

ID is U0GPHJ

Password 1234

I tried to join with both IDs last night but it kept failing after password input. :( Hopefully next time!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I tried to join with both IDs last night but it kept failing after password input. :( Hopefully next time!

I wonder if the demo doesn't let anyone into anl lobby if there is a hunt ongoing :(

Didn't think of that.

I'm hoping to be on again at 9pm this evening if you or anyone else wants to join :)

5 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I wonder if the demo doesn't let anyone into anl lobby if there is a hunt ongoing :(

Didn't think of that.

I'm hoping to be on again at 9pm this evening if you or anyone else wants to join :)

Yeah, I thought I could drop in mid-mission even but maybe that is only being implemented for the full game. Later sounds good--if I'm on the Switch I'll keep an eye on here for an ID!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Didn't think of that.

Might be able to jump on this evening, dust down the Lance for a bit of N-E action!

Will let you know on here if I can 👍

• Like 1

The Hunting Horn shows you what each melody does and how to play it underneath the health bar! It even shows you when an effect has worn off, so you know when to reapply it.

That combined with the trio melody makes it so much easier to manage!

I can see why @RedShell was so successful with it now!

Yeah, I've finally been able to try the demo. Gyro is amazing! Bowgun is so much more dynamic and fun to use now!

I also really like Sword and Shield's new Backstep combo. I have a powerful attack to use on monsters that have been knocked over now!

It's not quite as broken as Chaos Oil from Generations Ultimate, but it'll do!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can see why @RedShell was so successful with it now!

You can't, as I paid absolutely no attention to any of that stuff. :heh:

Anyway, glad you got to try the demo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like won't make it to the hunt tonight :(

But should anyone ye be hunting without me I wish ye good fortune. May ye be feasting on Magnamalo Burgers before the nights end.

Hopefully I might get some hubts tomorrow evening.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone want to take on Magnamalo tonight, then?

If so, I can make a game.

18 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Does anyone want to take on Magnamalo tonight, then?

If so, I can make a game.

If you make a room stick up the ID and I'll try to join. I was just in the tutorial so kind of know the buttons.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If you make a room stick up the ID and I'll try to join. I was just in the tutorial so kind of know the buttons.

Lobby ID 2H2QES

Pass 4444

• Thanks 1