NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

11 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

So the demo comes out in two days? Gotcha.

DON'T SPOIL IT!! 

but yeah, probably 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

In for the inevitable Wolf Link and Ametarasu costumes for your Palamute :hehe:

Already bailing on realistic Dog, then?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

In for the inevitable Wolf Link and Ametarasu costumes for your Palamute :hehe:

Hopefully a Judd the cat costume for Palico too! :heh:

Just now, RedShell said:

Hopefully a Judd the cat costume for Palico too! :heh:

I read that as "Judge the cat" and thought of a Judge Dredd costume...

judge-dredd.jpg

That would be dope :p

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yo! Monster riding looks sick! :D 

Edit: Demo is out today, as expected.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

This game looks better and better. Seeing some familiar monsters like Khezu and Arzuros up close makes it apparent how much of a visual upgrade this is from MHGU.

I wonder though, why do they call it wyvern riding while he is not even riding a wyvern in that Hunting 101 video thumb?

• Like 1

content-4-36412-monsterhunterdigitaleven

Monster Hunter Digital Event January 2021 Roundup

Up on the main page.

N-Europe's roundup of the event, full press release and video embed.

- - - - -

A demo then? Excellent news, I'll likely be trying that out later. :smile:

They certainly got a lot of mileage out of that short video clip though. ;)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up with the video, didn't need to see that Khezu has returned...🤦‍♂️

Looks good! Not too concerned about the Monster reveals, but gameplay looks good and I hope the maps are big enough to warrant the palamutes carting you about, the frost level certainly looked quite epic from what they showed.

Can't wait to give the demo a bash, have they announced if voice chat will be available through the app or in game? Haven't seen that anywhere yet, don't want to be too @Kav about it, but I'd love it if it did ☺️

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Kaepora_Gaebora back in October they announced that there would be no voice chat. Massive step backwards as both the Wii U MH game and World had such a feature. 

Bloody hell 🤦‍♂️

Having spent alot of time on World over the first lockdown, I'd prefer voice chat 100%.

With randoms I don't mind so much, you end up working it out, but if playing with N-E'rs it'd be much better to co ordinate battles properly and, well, chat!

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Bloody hell 🤦‍♂️

Having spent alot of time on World over the first lockdown, I'd prefer voice chat 100%.

With randoms I don't mind so much, you end up working it out, but if playing with N-E'rs it'd be much better to co ordinate battles properly and, well, chat!

Hey, come on now. It's not so bad.

Just have a smartphone ready, install Nintendo's app, connect a headset, invite your friends to a party, start the game, invite your friends ingame and boom...easy 6-step party-chat-gaming :p

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hey, come on now. It's not so bad.

Just have a smartphone ready, install Nintendo's app, connect a headset, invite your friends to a party, start the game, invite your friends ingame and boom...easy 6-step party-chat-gaming :p

Or just make a Discord. It's 2021! :grin: 

But seriously though. Screw Nintendo's app. Screw party chat. We have our great 3rd party apps now! I've been playing Animal Crossing vicariously through Discord for the past 6 months and it has been quite the ride. Text + voice + WTF is going on = win. 

9 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Or just make a Discord. It's 2021! :grin: 

I don't do online gaming on Nintendo consoles as I don't bother with inferior services :p Which is why I don't need to use Discord.

But I heard it's quite good. A student organization I'm a part of uses it for international students that come to our university in these trying times. Seems to work quite well for online socializing. :)

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I don't do online gaming on Nintendo consoles as I don't bother with inferior services :p Which is why I don't need to use Discord.

But I heard it's quite good. A student organization I'm a part of uses it for international students that come to our university in these trying times. Seems to work quite well for online socializing. :)

You'd be surprised at how good it is. If you can wire up, you'll get a very smooth experience. Outside of Mario Maker 2 I've never had any problems with Switch online. It's fine, sometimes even *gasp* good. At least it doesn't take 5 hours to download a 15gb game (Hello PSN!). But seriously, if you do get Monster Hunter, it should be played online, and it should be played with forumers and voice chat. So get a LAN adaptor, download Discord and embrace the future - NINTENDO STYLE. I'm hoping a lot of people here will be jumping in day 1 and questing together in late March. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

You'd be surprised at how good it is. If you can wire up, you'll get a very smooth experience. Outside of Mario Maker 2 I've never had any problems with Switch online. It's fine, sometimes even *gasp* good. At least it doesn't take 5 hours to download a 15gb game (Hello PSN!).

Interesting.
PSN download speeds have always been fine for me. Nintendo's are ok, too.

My online gaming experience has varied from acceptable to unplayable with Nintendo, though. Both wired and through WiFi. If I wasn't subscribed to the online service via my sister I wouldn't use it at all.

11 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

But seriously, if you do get Monster Hunter, it should be played online, and it should be played with forumers and voice chat.

Oh, I'm very interested in Monster Hunter Rise. While I doubt I'll like it as much as World/Iceborne I'm looking forward to giving the demo a try. This will decide whether I'll get the full game or not. If I do then, yeah, I'll be playing it online. Probably just with a mate, though :p

• Sad 1

Discord as a service works great, but the only problem I have with combining it with the Switch is that you can't mix game audio with voice chat. I always play games with audio so I feel like I'm missing out when I'm not able to do that.

eShop is megadead right now lol.

Come on Nintendo!! Fix your mess!! I need the demo!!

15 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

eShop is megadead right now lol.

Come on Nintendo!! Fix your mess!! I need the demo!!

Not sure if it’s gone down again since, but I managed to download the demo about an hour ago.

YES!!

You can choose the classic Monster Hunter Language for the voices!!!

WOOHOO!!! :D 

Argh!!! The gyro controls are inverted!!! Why!?

Bad Capcom!!

Edit: Oh no, wait... they’re mapped to the same inversion settings as the analog stick aiming.  So you can have un-inverted gyro controls, but you can’t have an inversion setting for gyro controls that is separate from the analog stick camera controls...

Bad Capcom!!

Edit 2: Ahh!! You can have separate inversion settings for the camera and for the aiming!!! So I can have inverted camera controls and un-inverted gyro aiming controls!!! Which is exactly what I want!!

Good Capcom!! Well done! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

YES!!

You can choose the classic Monster Hunter Language for the voices!!!

WOOHOO!!! :D 

Good job too, as the English voices were doing my head in after less than a minute! :laughing: Actually, even MH language is a bit annoying after a while, but luckily there’s an option to reduce the amount of speech or even disable it completely, so it’s all good. :)

I’ve been really impressed with this though, it’s a lot like MH World but it also retains the vibe of previous Nintendo versions of MH.

Liking it a lot! :bouncy:

• Like 1

Fuck me! This game is amazing!!!

Switch Axe is BEASTLY in this game!! The combos you can do are bonkers!!

I love how you can jump off the Palamute after it jumps; allowing you to double jump!

Also the Palamute has Mario Kart drifting controls!! He’s such a good boy!

This game is the tits! :D 

• Like 3