NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

Three tries remaining...

Good game @darksnowman we almost beat Magnamalo. :D

I won't be playing tomorrow night, but I'll save the last three tries for a night when three or four of us can play. :)

• Thanks 1

Easy to burn through all our goes, @S.C.G as that fifteen-minute time limit makes it very moreish!

I think you were on to something with placing the traps and letting it come to us. Before, I thought one of us had to go up top and chase it down, but once I noticed that wasn't the case I followed your lead of laying traps. With some more practise (I mean me practising the controls in the tutorial, haha), I think this is beatable. :grin: 

• Thanks 1

Anyone up for some attempts round 9pm?

Think I got like 10 hunts left on my demo :p

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Anyone up for some attempts round 9pm?

Think I got like 10 hunts left on my demo :p

I finally had a bash, got one shoted on arrival, so as much as I'd like to...I'm not sure it's worth your time! 😂🙈

• Like 1

Ack, so gave it a try in a solo run, managed to Wyvern ride both other monsters, trapped it twice...timed out.

Tried a few online hunts, got room of 4, tried switching things up and used the Hunting Horn myself thinking maybe the buffs it gives will help in a group hunt.

I went straight for the Rathian and tamed that and another guy went straight for Mitzutsune...we double teamed him with both beasts. When that was over and Magnamalo was knocked over someone put down pitfall, then a shock, so I followed with my pitfall and shock also.

After that someone managed to wyvern ride the Magnamalo and charged him into the wall.

We basically had the thing unable to attack for a good chunk of time.

After that is was hunting as normal, you'd think after all that he would be near done. 5 min warning came and other two guys used both their traps each...think we were also down to our last faint at this point.

In the end we still timed out.

....Like wtf more do you gotta do?

I seen people post videos beating this thing with less, we bloody pounding that thing and he didn't even get tied.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I got 6 shots left, anyone up with attempts left wanna keep trying.....in vain to beat this thing :p

Do you think it's health scales based on number of hunters?

Have a lobby open if anyone around, will wait till timer runs down.

ID is KXDWGH

Password 1111

Anf that's all my quests done for the demo, no Magnamalo's killed :'(

When full game comes out I'm gonna take extra pleasure in hunting those things to extinction and turn them in armour and weapons!!!!!

Don't think any of hunts were close, only one I timed out was the one solo hunt I did. Online with randoms all fainted out. Last hunt one guy managed to faint trying to wyvern ride the Rathian :(

Best part of hunts was in solo attempt I finally managed to get him with his own hellblight.

This YouTube playlist is brilliant!

From the first video “Why I’m not buying Monster Hunter Rise” through his journey with World to him deciding he will buy Rise after all.

It’s a good watch for anyone on the fence or not sure if they’re interested in the Monster Hunter games.

Almost certain I'm picking this up now, got next Monday pencilled in as a whole day playing with my brother (35 and 38, what's your point?! 🙈) Not sure I'll be on much over the weekend but will try...

To other N-E'ers joining the Switch launch, anyone fancy a discord/WhatsApp group to voice chat in if we can organise some games? I'm not adverse to working out quests etc both on here or through text chat in game, but if there's a desire for it I'm happy to set it up no problems 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well yeah, it’s basically everything we all wanted.  It’s classic MH with all the good bits from MHW added & none of the shit parts; and a legitimate step forward in gameplay, with the proper wireless local multiplayer that the series is known for.

It’s basically impossible for it to not be amazing! :D 

• Thanks 1

Not a Monster Hunter fan but glad to see it getting such great reviews. Big exclusive and should shift a few more console sales.

Ooooh I'm tempted. Not massively hyped for this, but would love the opportunity for co-op.

Spoiler

MHR has no ending at launch

Yikes...yes, it's Covid and all, but come on. Delay the game and deliver it with a complete story at least.
Can't believe it's getting a pass from reviewers given that this is a massive issue.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  Ending Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

MHR has no ending at launch

Yikes...yes, it's Covid and all, but come on. Delay the game and deliver it with a complete story at least.
Can't believe it's getting a pass from reviewers given that this is a massive issue.

The end of a Monster Hunter game? What's that? 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

The end of a Monster Hunter game? What's that? 😛

I was waiting for that :p 
It's a fair point, but I still think the issue at hand is unacceptable.

Then again: I don't really care about this game :D Just found it interesting that some games seem to get a free pass no matter what. ::shrug:  (Edit: And no, I'm not only talking about Nintendo games/exclusives)

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

Gonna drop some truth on you, @drahkon

Spoiler

No reviewer actually finished the single player section of this game.

I don't even need to read the reviews to know that.

Monster Hunter is a proper time sink.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Gonna drop some truth on you, @drahkon

Truth (Reveal hidden contents)

No reviewer actually finished the single player section of this game.

I don't even need to read the reviews to know that.

Monster Hunter is a proper time sink.

That's even worse :p 
Anyways, I know what kind of game MH is, just found it interesting that the issue at hand is present and not talked about more.

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

That's even worse :p 
Anyways, I know what kind of game MH is, just found it interesting that the issue at hand is present and not talked about more.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. This is not good. Especially for me, as online gaming is impossible as long as I'm in lockdown, so I would've liked the single player aspect to be all there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Especially for me, as online gaming is impossible as long as I'm in lockdown, so I would've liked the single player aspect to be all there.

Yeah, people with no reliable online connection are fucked. They're stuck with an unfinished version of the game. :( 

• Thanks 1