NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

Boss deals on eBay are indeed Simply Games. They also got my copy of AC Valhalla to me a few days before the official release date too.

• Thanks 2

I did wonder which company the copies actually shipped from, that's good to know.

Going by the fact that they had just over five hundred copies, it had to be an outlet with a bit of purchasing power.

If the game gets here at around launch day, or before, it'll be great to get a few quests in.

I'll likely see what the second demo is like this evening, but being that I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the game, it made sense to order it now. :smile:

Seen them mentioned a lot on HotUKDeals but avoided them because of the dumb name, didn't know it was Simply Games.

Twenty-Seven tries remaining...

Has anyone else managed to solo Magnamalo yet?

The combination of the fifteen minute time limit and the one-shot K-O, certainly makes it a decent challenge. :D

Twenty-Four tries remaining...

I almost beat it as well, I may try some more in a bit, then again, maybe not.

It's a decent challenge, and an achievable one, but I know in the main game, it won't ask you to take down a Monster such as Magnamalo in only fifteen minutes, using sub-standard equipment, and not at maximum potential health. ::shrug:

Just tried Magnamalo, 15 mins...damn... Also it been awhile since I last played the first demo I completely forgot the controls and the map :p

Needless to say was bodies in one hit and so were two of the other guys

• Thanks 1

Gave the demo a few more goes, not managed to beat Magnamalo either solo or online. Can't wait for the full game and to hunt this thing with a proper setup of armour and weapon.

On the plus side I think I am getting better hang of controls fighting Magnamalo than the other two monsters in demo.

Using the wirebug more now than I did in first demo. Using it for a quick dodge or to get some distance to take a potion I have learned can be vital.

Below tweet of a solo fail :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Twenty tries remaining...

As of last night/yesterday morning, I decided to try the demo out in portable mode, and again, I was very close to beating Magnamalo, but I kept running out of time.

The game holds up very well in portable mode though, it looks like Capcom have really scaled the RE Engine to match the Switch's capabilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Twenty tries remaining...

As of last night/yesterday morning, I decided to try the demo out in portable mode, and again, I was very close to beating Magnamalo, but I kept running out of time.

The game holds up very well in portable mode though, it looks like Capcom have really scaled the RE Engine to match the Switch's capabilities.

I've enjoyed this monster, but as our next video will show, Magnamalo has massacred us.  Fun dying to it though.

• Thanks 1

So I was planning to switch from Hammer to Insect Glaive in MH Rise, but it looks like I might be switching again... to Light Bowgun! :hehe:

Yeah, have spent most of my time in the v.2 demo using that, and it’s been great. :D It’s probably the closest you can get (in terms of gameplay at least) to ranged Prowler, so it actually feels pretty familiar to me as well.
And it’s the weapon type that I’ve done the best with against Magnamalo so far (i.e. survived the longest against it :heh:) which is also a good sign. :cool:

Only annoying thing about it is having to use the R button for Wirebug moves in combat, which is a bit confusing/clumsy compared to the other weapon types, but should be able to get used to that with enough practice.

Anyway, whichever weapon type I finally decide on using, I’m looking forward to some online N-E hunts once the game releases! :) 

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, RedShell said:

So I was planning to switch from Hammer to Insect Glaive in MH Rise, but it looks like I might be switching again... to Light Bowgun! :hehe:

Yeah, have spent most of my time in the v.2 demo using that, and it’s been great. :D It’s probably the closest you can get (in terms of gameplay at least) to ranged Prowler, so it actually feels pretty familiar to me as well.
And it’s the weapon type that I’ve done the best with against Magnamalo so far (i.e. survived the longest against it :heh:) which is also a good sign. :cool:

Only annoying thing about it is having to use the R button for Wirebug moves in combat, which is a bit confusing/clumsy compared to the other weapon types, but should be able to get used to that with enough practice.

Anyway, whichever weapon type I finally decide on using, I’m looking forward to some online N-E hunts once the game releases! :) 

:peace:

Gyro capabilities alone has me considering using the Light Bowgun. Would be an amazing buff if the gyro is decent.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Gyro capabilities alone has me considering using the Light Bowgun. Would be an amazing buff if the gyro is decent.

I don’t get on with gyro controls unfortunately, but gave them a quick go in the demo anyway. They’re certainly responsive on the default setting, too responsive even! :o Feels very similar to Splatoon 2, so I imagine that if you liked gyro aiming in that game you’ll probably be right at home with it in Rise too.

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

I don’t get on with gyro controls unfortunately, but gave them a quick go in the demo anyway. They’re certainly responsive on the default setting, too responsive even! :o Feels very similar to Splatoon 2, so I imagine that if you liked gyro aiming in that game you’ll probably be right at home with it in Rise too.

The gyro controls in MHR are amazing! It took a bit of tweaking to get them how I like them, but they’re really very very good once configured! It’s can be made very much like Splatoon once you dial in the correct orientation & sensitivity settings; you can even have separate Docked & Handheld settings! :D 

I’ll definitely be using them for quick camera control & the wire bug.  It even makes the Bowgun viable! Something which I would never normally even consider using!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

The gyro controls in MHR are amazing! It took a bit of tweaking to get them how I like them, but they’re really very very good once configured! It’s can be made very much like Splatoon once you dial in the correct orientation & sensitivity settings; you can even have separate Docked & Handheld settings! :D 

I’ll definitely be using them for quick camera control & the wire bug.  It even makes the Bowgun viable! Something which I would never normally even consider using!

That's very reassuring. Looking forward to this even more now, if that was even possible.

Anyone around to try do the Magnamalo hunt?

Be cool to try get a N-E Brotherhood lobby going for it, the rate I'm going with randoms I think I need hunters I can trust to take this thing down :p

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Anyone around to try do the Magnamalo hunt?

Be cool to try get a N-E Brotherhood lobby going for it, the rate I'm going with randoms I think I need hunters I can trust to take this thing down :p

Are you still hunting?

I can join you, if so, I've still got Twenty tries left on the demo. :)

• Like 1

I'm jumping in now for a few have you got a lobby set?

1 minute ago, Mokong said:

I'm jumping in now for a few have you got a lobbie set?

No lobby set, if you want to set one up, I'll join. :) 

• Like 1

Might have to try 2 man it unless some others join of others guess the password...public lobbies fill quickly

Ack, those were some good hunts Sam.

Thought that second last one was gonna be the one, especially when I managed to Wyvern Ride the other two monsters.

Bloody Magna and his one hit knock outs, grrrrrr

Sixteen tries remaining...

Two members of the N-E Brotherhood fought valiantly, but alas, Magnamalo still got the best of them.

Until next time, thanks for the hunts @Mokong :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3

I got 15 tries left, will probably be on again tomorrow from about 9pm if anyone up to give it a go. Hopefully get a full 4 hunters together :)

Below tweet, I litterly said to myself "That was a great dodge, phew.....OH FFS"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have zero MH skills but if you are going on some evening drop a post and I will try to join. Maybe I can draw aggro while you go to town! :blush:

• Like 1

So is Rampage mode Monster Hunter meets Tower Defense games?