NEurope
Glen-i

Monster Hunter Rise

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I love how you can jump off the Palamute after it jumps; allowing you to double jump!

Yeah, it's a great way to do surprise aerial attacks on monsters too! :cool:

I have to admit, Palamutes are pretty awesome. :hehe: Still love having a Palico around though, and thanks to the Wirebug traversal techniques it's possible to zip around quite quickly even without a Palamute. :)

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1

*Scene start

- Dawn, a fog begins the roll over towards the village but stops at the village gates. As the sun begins to rise slowly causing the shadow of night to flee; the outline of a person begins to appear in the fog just outside the gate. The figure appears to be carrying something...a weapon.....a Great Sword? No not a Great Sword...it's a Switchaxe! With a might swing of his Switchaxe the fog suddenly clears revealing a hunter who had long been thought lost to myth and legend. Mokong has returned, he and his Switchaxe are hungry for Monster flesh once more!

I'M BACK LADS :D

Of course a new MH brings me back....hoping to jump into the Demo later this evening, anyone from the old N-E Hunters Brotherhood gonna be online?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wahey!! Great to see you back Mokong!!

Naturally, given my job, my work schedule is all over the place and busy as hell; but I’ll be sure to be around for some good ol’ fashioned NE Hunts when the crew is about! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Just finished playing the demo and I'm just not feeling the game at all.

I've been playing the series since it launched back in the PS2 days, played every entry that I could since then (some I even imported the Japanese versions) and this is the first time that I've felt so meh about a MH game. 

I hate the dog that's in the game but given my general dislike of pets this should come as no surprise. :p 

I can't put my finger on why I feel the way I do about this entry. Kinda feels like more of a spin off than any other game that's in the series.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Of course a new MH brings me back....hoping to jump into the Demo later this evening, anyone from the old N-E Hunters Brotherhood gonna be online?

Lostmario doesn't own a Switch and I'm still not sure if I'm going to pick it up. Looks like the original N-E Brotherhood will no longer be a thing. You'll just have to make do with Glen-i. My condolences. :p 

• Sad 1

Ah man, won't be same with you to help carry me through the early parts haha.

Surely lads like Redshell, S.C.G and Kav might me around? Dcuded up there at least makes one more too.

I just played the demo and felt like MH to me :)

The new stuff gonna take a bit of time to get used to. The dog was fun when trying to learn how to use it but after that I wasn't too fussed with it. The only real advantage to it is to help travel long distances faster.

The Wyvern riding is fun though, I enjoyed force a Mitzu to ram a wall haha.

The changes to the gathering spots will take time to get used to but fine for me.

Used a Switchaxe of course, still love it. Must try out some other weapons later. Want to give the new Hunting Horn a spin. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Surely lads like Redshell, S.C.G and Kav might me around? Dcuded up there at least makes one more too.

Yep, chances are high that I’ll be playing, have been very impressed by the demo. :) 

I’m still slightly disappointed that I can’t play as Prowler (the thought of a cat riding a dog is just too funny :D) but at least my other go-to weapon (the hammer) is available! And it seems to combine very well with the Wirebug mechanics, launching into jump attacks with it is super satisfying! :cool:

• Like 1

Nice, I look forward to the hunt. Shame the Online lobbies in the demo are very basic. Hopefully the full game will be much more fleshed out and at least have a friend search.

I need to get used to the wirebug more. Might play solo later and just try explore a map to get used to it.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can't put my finger on why I feel the way I do about this entry. Kinda feels like more of a spin off than any other game that's in the series.

As someone who can't get along with the handheld iteration but who loved World/Iceborne...will Rise be for me?
I have the demo downloaded but I'm too absorbed in Yakuza: Like a Dragon to even give it a go :p

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Lostmario doesn't own a Switch and I'm still not sure if I'm going to pick it up. Looks like the original N-E Brotherhood will no longer be a thing. You'll just have to make do with Glen-i. My condolences. :p 

Wow... Very ouch, man! At least I'm clearly not a lost cause when it comes to animals.

Yeah, can't really get the demo while in lockdown. (I'm getting flashbacks to when Generations Ultimate came out and I couldn't get it for a week so I had to sulkingly look on the thread, watching everyone else have fun.)

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow... Very ouch, man! At least I'm clearly not a lost cause when it comes to animals.

Yeah, can't really get the demo while in lockdown. (I'm getting flashbacks to when Generations Ultimate came out and I couldn't get it for a week so I had to sulkingly look on the thread, watching everyone else have fun.)

• Haha 1

I've been experienceing a weird glitch only when playing online, this doesn't affect my son, so I thought it had something to do with me being the host, so we swapped around, and nope same, perfectly smooth online for him, and I experience a stutter every 2 seconds, a minor frame lag.  It is far from game breaking, but it is a little off-putting, and weird.

Then, it got brought up in a discussion on Twitter, and it turns out its not the game, or internet connection, but the way in which the game interacts with your Friends List on the Switch itself.  If you've a large number of friends in that underused friend list then you will experience this weird frame drop ewvery 2 seconds when playing online, doesnt affect the offline single player.

The only way around it at present is to make another account and play using that.  Let's hope Capcom sorts this out for the final version.

14 hours ago, Mokong said:

I’ve preordered the game, will definitely get on... gutted there’s no voice chat in the game though. Although I played MH4U without it so I’ll play this too.

• Like 1

Wohoo.

Yeah the lack of voice chat is so annoying..Tge Wii and WiiU games had it :p

But yeah I managed well enough on MHGU without also.

Just need to set up some custom shortcuts

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drahkon said:

As someone who can't get along with the handheld iteration but who loved World/Iceborne...will Rise be for me?
I have the demo downloaded but I'm too absorbed in Yakuza: Like a Dragon to even give it a go :p

It does have elements of World in the game but it's still just the next step up from the 3DS games rather than being the next step up from World. Kinda feels like a mash up of the two game styles.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It does have elements of World in the game but it's still just the next step up from the 3DS games rather than being the next step up from World. Kinda feels like a mash up of the two game styles.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. If you go back to a console/handheld with inferior specs you can't really do a game like World/Iceborne.

Ah well, will give the demo a try, anyways. Maybe it'll surprise me.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Ah well, will give the demo a try, anyways. Maybe it'll surprise me.

You'll do no such thing! Not until you've finished Like a Dragon.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You'll do no such thing! Not until you've finished Like a Dragon.

tenor.gif

But I still haven't moved on from Chapter 12 so...gonna be a while :p

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

tenor.gif

But I still haven't moved on from Chapter 12 so...gonna be a while :p

The difficulty spike in that chapter is rough so you do well to mess about and power up for a bit.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The difficulty spike in that chapter is rough so you do well to mess about and power up for a bit.

I think I'll be fine. I'm not a chimp like you who never grinds. :p

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

I think I'll be fine. I'm not a chimp like you who never grinds. :p

Haha. That's exactly what I'm doing now. Just sat listening to some FF music (Black Mages) whilst doing endless dungeon runs and gaining exp. Saturday well spent. :p 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. That's exactly what I'm doing now. Just sat listening to some FF music (Black Mages) whilst doing endless dungeon runs and gaining exp. Saturday well spent. :p 

hqdefault.jpg

Now let's give this thread back to all the others who want to talk about Monster Hunter Rise :D

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just finished playing the demo and I'm just not feeling the game at all.

Just did the two tutorial missions and I'm not feeling it either. :( 

The starting tutorial forest area was nice (so was the soft singing on the title screen), then on the second tutorial I almost died to the Wyvern as I hadn't a clue what to do to make it rideable! The wirebug manoeuvre didn't seem to do anything of benefit and all I could see was the Let Me Ride It! option on the menu wheel but I couldn't make it selectable, and I was almost dead by the time I found the spiders I'd collected in the menu on the bottom right. Then the Wyvern riding part was really clunky anyway so not really worth the bother. ::shrug: 

Don't really fancy trying the "proper" hunts. :laughing:  I would like to get into MH but I every time I try it, it just isn't for me. How many hours/ missions do you need to put in before it all clicks??

I would answer you but you aren't talking about Yakuza. :p 

It's honestly not all that difficult if you have someone who knows what they are doing showing you the ropes and explaining things as you go. Again, another reason why voice chat is important to this game/series.

The gameplay loop in these games is very satisfying, it's a question of whether people can get past the learning curve at the start, which goes a lot faster with others guiding you. 

• Haha 1