NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

God of War: Ragnarök (9th November 2022)

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hey, have you looked at what day it is today?

IT'S GONNA BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952cdea6a75027326a1c

It's so funny to me that few companies do this with their games/films/products, but I love it when they do :D

I swear they knew that with COVID in mind they weren't ever going to make 2021, but aside from the PS5 hype cycle too, I'm sure 2021 was the actual plan pre-COVID, and they wanted to say it anyway because that would be three winters after God of War 2018. And you know what precedes Ragnarök? Fimbulwinter, which is three (successive) winters long! Would've been perfect :p

Edited by Julius

Posted (edited)

ShopTo sent out emails earlier today regarding pre-orders for the game on their site going up tomorrow, and I think it might give us our first confirmation of any kind around the technical specs and modes for this game?

PLAYSTATION®5 IN-GAME FEATURES:
- Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.
- Take advantage of multidirectional 3D Audio; hear enemies approaching from any direction.
- Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by precise art direction and arresting attention to detail. 
- Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps.

Not really unexpected (got to imagine we'll see a mode with 40 fps post-launch), but still, nice to (seemingly) know! 

Edited by Julius

PlayStation have released an animated video recapping 2018's God of War journey as the build-up to release continues:

A bit under three months to go... :D

Posted (edited)

Ragnarök will be Game Informer's next cover story, meaning it's time for some great cover art!

You know, I hadn't really thought about it before seeing this cover art, but with Atreus saying in one of the trailers that Kratos should be a General and it looking like there's a battle raging on in the background of the cover art...I wonder if we're actually going to, you know, go to war and live up to the title? Or a wide-scale battle for a setpiece? Because that'd be pretty awesome! 

EDIT: better look at the cover;

349revealspread.jpg

There's also a short synopsis of what to expect pertaining to Ragnarök:

God of War Ragnarök is set to conclude the Norse era of the series, a saga that's seen Kratos atone for his troubling past by becoming a more conscientious god and (mildly) affectionate father. In the upcoming sequel, Kratos and Atreus must stave off a preordained catastrophe, calling on old and new friends to succeed against Asgard and, hopefully, prevent all-out war.

I spoke with God of War veteran and newly appointed director Eric Williams as well as some lead UX, combat, and level designers about their experience crafting the long-awaited sequel and the most significant changes coming to the action and exploration loops. Moreover, you'll learn about Kratos' tools/toys, a never-before-seen dwarven realm that feels lived in, the unprecedented number of accessibility features available at launch, and some quality-of-life updates, including new navigation mechanics.

[...]

This issue's cover art has been in the works for some time, and its level of detail is a testament to that. Kratos and Atreus face armored warriors, reptilian monsters scurry into the arena from every direction, the Huldra brothers ready their weapons from high ground, and a dragon soars through the cloudy sky. All the while, fire beams violently collide with a far-off mountain range. Both the circulated magazine and Game Informer Gold edition feature the father and son fighting a legion of deific enemies. Limited to a numbered print run per issue, this premium version of Game Informer isn't available for sale.

A lot to break down there, but more accessibility options available from launch is a huge win! 

Crazy that we're a little over two months away and it feels like we've seen and know nothing. Love it :bouncy:

Edited by Julius

A short bit of combat from Game Informer's cover story:

Odd to get our first look at a short bit of continuous gameplay like this, but oh well, they know what they're doing ::shrug: looks like GI will be sharing more on Tuesday

Edited by Julius

That trailer blew me away :D Gonna be awesome.

Media blackout from now on, though. BRING ON NOVEMBER!

Sign in to follow this