NEurope
Julius

God of War: Ragnarök (9th November 2022)

Much earlier than I expected, to be honest.

Here's hoping that the Covid situation will be under relative control early next year and all devs can work normally again.

Just now, drahkon said:

Much earlier than I expected, to be honest.

Here's hoping that the Covid situation will be under relative control early next year and all devs can work normally again.

I got called crazy for thinking we could see Spidey 2, Horizon 2, and God of War at least teased this year. Optimism wins out :D

Not quite Spidey 2 with Miles Morales, but still! :p

And yeah, I have doubts over it making 2021. I hope they can crack on - even Horizon didn't say 2021 back in June (they just slid it under the table in a developer video), so I think this is much further along than people think right now...even if it doesn't make 2021. 

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

I got called crazy for thinking we could see Spidey 2, Horizon 2, and God of War at least teased this year.

614739f1889875063235057a487e56ee.gif

• Like 2

BOY, we are getting a new game next year. NEXT YEAR!!! I thought it's like 2+ years away which meant we will get more new exclusive games in 2022+ 

Ah, pop this right next to The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Yeah so I think we'll stick with Ragnarok until stated otherwise :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Still think it's weird that they spell it Ragnarök.

Anyways, @Julius, why haven't you created a thread for the Hogwarts thingy? :p

41 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Still think it's weird that they spell it Ragnarök.

I have no idea how it should be spelt to be honest, I'll just accept whatever they put in front of us :laughing:

Anyways, @Julius, why haven't you created a thread for the Hogwarts thingy? :p

Mostly just got caught up in everything else to be honest, so not quite for the same reason I missed out Bugsnax in June :p

13 minutes ago, Julius said:

I have no idea how it should be spelt to be honest, I'll just accept whatever they put in front of us :laughing:

You know what, I did some research and it seems to be correct. Ragnarök.

I always thought it was Ragnarøk. I guess this is the Norse spelling.

Godammit, i still haven't finished the first (fourth) one!

Can everyone just stop releasing games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sound designer Beau Anthony Jimenez has joined the PlayStation Sound team, and this will be his next game he sound designs for. 

Definitely worth checking out his thread on Twitter detailing his work on TLOU2's breathing system, it's great stuff. Say what you might about the story, Naughty Dog is so ridiculously far ahead of everyone else in the technical department these days, it's crazy! 

I mean, don't want to get too far ahead of myself here, but sound design normally comes in pretty late on in development, so this makes me the tiniest bit more optimistic that a 2021 release is still possible. Now, if we see some announcement regarding the soundtrack being recorded in the next few months, that's a whole other story. 

No rush, but my fingers are crossed all the same :p

23 hours ago, Julius said:

so this makes me the tiniest bit more optimistic that a 2021 release is still possible.

Friendly advice: Expect this game to drop mid/late 2022 :p I'll eat a plate of brussel sprouts if it releases this year.

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Friendly advice: Expect this game to drop mid/late 2022 :p I'll eat a plate of brussel sprouts if it releases this year.

Optimism and possibility doesn't align with my actual expectations, so I'll be fine :laughing:

• Haha 1

Just now, Julius said:

Optimism and possibility doesn't align with my actual expectations, so I'll be fine :laughing:

Fair enough. :p

I'm optimistic that I won't have to eat a plate of brussel sprouts. This actually does align with my expectations :D

• Haha 1

I'll eat a plate of Brussel sprouts either way. They're delicious.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Ragnarök has seemingly been confirmed to be the title of the game in the Game & Network Services Segment of Sony's recent info release to investors. Think this is the first time we've seen this title treatment for the game too. 

smqJx2E_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

E2WXM_8UUAgaM7S?format=jpg&name=240x240

Think we all expected it to be the title after the teaser we got, and I always found it kind of odd that they didn't go with this as the title at that point. 

Edited by Julius

35 minutes ago, Julius said:

smqJx2E_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Are... Are Sony dunking on their own console's line-up!?

I'm legit confused right now!

• Haha 2

Yay for Ragnorak, but where's is Elden Ring? WHERE IS IT???

• Sad 1

Looks like we're going to have to go back to saying "A new God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)". 

Rolls off the tongue better anyways :p

2 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Yay for Ragnorak, but where's is Elden Ring? WHERE IS IT???

Pretty much every insider is saying to keep expectations tempered going into E3, so...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9527a11e2b6813c554b4

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Looks like we're going to have to go back to saying "A new God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)". 

Rolls off the tongue better anyways :p

Oh my god, It's Okami Wii all over again!

gam_okamiignwatermark2.jpg

• Haha 1

Officially delayed to 2022. 

No real surprises there, always seemed like a reach to grab consumer mindshare going into this gen, but still sucks all the same. Santa Monica straight up killing my optimistic takes over here :p

Gives me more time to go back and play through the first one again though, so I'm not complaining, and it's not like we're aching for great games these days as it is :peace:

Edited by Julius

Also coming to PS4 per Herman Hulst's Q&A:

Where it makes sense to develop a title for both PS4 and PS5 — for Horizon Forbidden West, the next God of War, GT7 — we’ll continue looking at that. And if PS4 owners want to play that game, then they can. If they want to go on and play the PS5 version, that game will be there for them.

Edited by Julius

It's crazy how much Playstation have U-turned from their "We believe in generations" statement to releasing all their big exclusives on last gen as well. I was hoping this and Horizon would be built from the ground up for new gen, but I guess not. Hopefully the transition to PS5 only will happen in what, a few years?

And re: the delay to 2022, how shocking :blank:. Seriously, what was the point of saying 2021? It was obvious to everyone that was never going to happen, so why say it?