NEurope
Julius

God of War: Ragnarök (9th November 2022)

19 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Success Part 2

GBfzqLeXYAAEZhA?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I'm so glad I gave the DLC another go. Absolutely loved it once I found that you get to keep upgrades after each run. That meant that I could do a spot of grinding if the situation called for it.

Story Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

It was awesome reliving Kratos' past adventures. As someone who grew up with and played all the games, this was such a nostalgia rush. Seeing the story snippets and fighting past enemies was great but the big moment was when the Blade of Olympus was unleashed. I wasn't expecting that at all!

Loved the inclusion of Helios. The fact that he was just a head made total sense from a narrative standpoint. He was pretty hilarious, constantly winding up Kratos for his past mistakes.

The story told here is truly a fitting ending, given what was teased at the end of the base game. Kratos having doubts about his role and then facing his younger self was just masterfully done. The speech he gave...beautiful.

GBfzqLeXAAATRok?format=jpg&name=large

GBfzqLcW0AAQ4Hp?format=jpg&name=large

Long live the King! :D

It's nuts that Sony Santa Monica gave this away for free. We live in a time where publishers are constantly trying to squeeze cash out of gamers and so this move was completely against the grain. They could have easily charged for this and I don't think anyone would have complained due to how substantial it is. What a fantastic way to end my journey with the game.

Well a tricky one. Hope single player type game studios can still thrive in the future. PS have been forced into live service gaming too after MS buying up the most successful publisher in the industry.

You got MS ready to pull the rug on all the Activision, Bethesda and Blizzard games from Playstation. The next Xbox console targeting 2025 will put Sony in a Dreamcast position without key 3rd party franchise support.

We know less innovation and more misery is coming due to the merger. Based on other markets and industries its going to be bleak under MS ownership in the long term.

Edited by Choze