NEurope
Julius

God of War: Ragnarök (9th November 2022)

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it does end up being a Q1 game for 2023, it had better hope that BOTW2 doesn't launch near it. Despite my feelings on BOTW, the game was a sales monster and any game caught in the storm of the sequel's release is going to get punished.

Glances over at how they treated Horizon Zero Dawn

icegif-1862.gif

Totally agree. If both games are landing in Q1, I think Ragnarök has to launch first; I could see BOTW2 launching in March and then Ragnarök being late January/February. If they don't, think they've got wait it out at least a month.

Or at least, I think that would be the sensible thing to do...right?

Glances over at how they treated Horizon Forbidden West

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524a4bb97e882f62a82

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it does end up being a Q1 game for 2023, it had better hope that BOTW2 doesn't launch near it. Despite my feelings on BOTW, the game was a sales monster and any game caught in the storm of the sequel's release is going to get punished.

Yeah.  I suspect that we may be looking at a three-way battle in March as all three platform holders scramble to get their respective cannons out before the end of the fiscal year.

An all out console war! :D

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah.  I suspect that we may be looking at a three-way battle in March as all three platform holders scramble to get their respective cannons out before the end of the fiscal year.

An all out console war! :D

There's only going to be 1 winner in that war. Despite him taking down many gods in his time, it won't be Kratos.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's only going to be 1 winner in that war. Despite him taking down many gods in his time, it won't be Kratos.

2IO.gif

Never realised you had this much faith in Bethesda! 

• Haha 2

Schreier posted this over on ResetEra in response to Game Reactor's findings:

It's hard to definitely prove a negative but Someone Who Would Know Firsthand just told me they haven't heard anything about a slip to 2023, as did Someone Else Who Might Know Secondhand.

So...back to patiently waiting I guess? 

It's a weird one, as I was under the impression after it didn't turn up during the State of Play that Ragnarök be at Summer Game Fest, but then if TLOU Remake is coming in September, I don't know where they put an announcement for either game, as you'd think the one out first would be the one they next talk about and reveal the date before (whether that's at SGF or elsewhere).

We've had mid-summer State of Plays before, so maybe one shows up there, but from memory I feel like they were mainly focused on third party titles they had to talk about, whereas the big stuff is typically saved for the September Showcase...which would seem to be too late for both? ::shrug:

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's a weird one, as I was under the impression after it didn't turn up during the State of Play that Ragnarök be at Summer Game Fest, but then if TLOU Remake is coming in September, I don't know where they put an announcement for either game, as you'd think the one out first would be the one they next talk about and reveal the date before (whether that's at SGF or elsewhere).

The page for the game has been updated on PSN, much like FFXVI was before the new trailer hit. It could mean that a new trailer arrives tomorrow during SGF.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The page for the game has been updated on PSN, much like FFXVI was before the new trailer hit. It could mean that a new trailer arrives tomorrow during SGF.

ed4271d9-0252-4d3f-9ce3-6d3c53f246d0_tex

• Haha 1

Another update from Jason.

Heard from another Sony source this morning that the game is not delayed. As usual, this is not a guarantee that the game will come out in 2022 and video game development is so turbulent that you should never trust a release date until the product in question is in your hands. But this Gamereactor report appears to be false.

Also, FWIW, I haven't heard anything suggesting it'll be at the Keighley thing today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another update from Jason.

Makes sense that it wouldn't be at Summer Game Fest now we know to expect TLOU to be there instead, but it does make me wonder where it's going to turn up next and get its release date announced (regardless of if it's arriving this year or next).

Would a September Showcase be too late to announce a release date arriving prior to mid-November's TGA cut-off I wonder? I'd want to say yes, but that's the only place it's turned up before, so ::shrug: guess it could also turn up during the summer, but that would be super weird after not having it in a super solid State of Play or at SGF this month. 

Schreier is saying November, and that the date will be revealed at the end of the month. No delay to 2023 according to him, and seems like September was originally the plan.

The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game's development, despite reports this week that it had slipped to 2023.

Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said.

[...]

God of War Ragnarok, the latest entry in the long-running series and a direct sequel to 2018's God of War, was announced in 2020 for PlayStation consoles. Sony has delayed the game several times since then, both publicly and internally, as its developers deal with the pandemic and other production challenges. Earlier this year it was planned for September, but it was recently bumped to November. A spokesman for Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Guess I'm going to be coming in hot off catching up on the other games and replaying 2018, then :D weird to wait until the end of this month, makes me wonder if they have a dedicated State of Play planned? 

Edited by Julius

Seems like we'll be hearing something very soon:

Spoiler

Might be getting something on the 30th, next Thursday? 11110 in binary is 30 (think that's the first time I've used binary since leaving college, kind of happy that's where my first thought went), doubt it's 11/11 due to the 0. Thursday State of Play/announcement seems like it could be right? 

...or we're not hearing anything for another 9088 years :p

I wonder if The Snitch has a Farfetch'd in real life. You know, because of all of the leeks

farfetched.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

I wonder if The Snitch has a Farfetch'd in real life. You know, because of all of the leeks

3BX.gif

• Haha 3

Tom Henderson reported for Exputer that, as hinted at by The Snitch, there was a plan for the release date for the game to be shared today, however this hasn't gone ahead.

It's unclear why, but honestly I hope it's just them getting tired of everything getting leaked. It's been pretty damaging to them just how much has leaked over the last 12 months in particular, I feel. More realistically: plans change, and that's why we aren't privy to marketing plans. 

Anywho, elsewhere, apparently some degenerates are sending unsolicited (as if they're ever solicited) pics of their privates to Sony Santa Monica devs in hopes of exchanging them for the release date, seeing as we were "supposed" to get it today. 

These dumbasses need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist again, because their understanding of the laws of equivalent exchange are off

More seriously, this just shows some of the damage and harm leaks can do in a community when people are willing to act like the Rapture has descended upon us every single time something doesn't go as reported/they wanted. Disgusting stuff happens all the time, but in this case, I think it's clearly on the leakers. 

• Like 3

Oh, I didn't notice that nothing happened today. I was too busy playing games ::shrug: 

Some people really just need to put on a video game and leave the internet for a while.

• Like 2

November 9th! 

And a look at the Collector's and Jötnar Editions:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

Well bugger me! Honestly didn't think it'd make it for 2022!

That's Sony's Xmas sorted then.

What? But people kept saying it'll be pushed to 2023 :confused:

Anyways, now that the release date has been set, it's time for people to complain about the fact the haven't seen much of the game :p 

Be nice to have something to play on my PS5 since Horizon! Looking forward to it.

Just realised it's releasing on a Wednesday. Huh. Weird. 

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

What? But people kept saying it'll be pushed to 2023 :confused:

Anyways, now that the release date has been set, it's time for people to complain about the fact the haven't seen much of the game :p 

Ah well you see, the spoken word of developers from the studio publicly reaffirming a 2022 release means nothing :p the sad part is I'm sure we'll see some of those now saying "well, it could still get delayed to 2023!" 

To whom I say:

grand-torino.gif

I am a little surprised that this announcement wasn't attached to a proper trailer or the announcement of a State of Play to show off more, but honestly, they could go dark for all I care until September if there's going to be a Showcase and just show a bit more then. We at least vaguely know the direction the game is at least going to start off in already (from the previous game and the trailer we got last year), and I expect more God of War mechanically (a great thing, but something we already know about), so I can really appreciate their restraint so far with their marketing. 

Apart from saying that this wouldn't be a trilogy, that would've been a nice surprise at the end of this game :laughing:

Surprised it wasn't shown off in a State of Play.

But still, that's Christmas sorted for Sony this year.  Bring on November.

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Just realised it's releasing on a Wednesday. Huh. Weird. 

Haha wowwwww, if it's releasing on a Wednesday because Wednesday is Odin's Day that's some big brain stuff from SMS :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

Haha wowwwww, if it's releasing on a Wednesday because Wednesday is Odin's Day that's some big brain stuff from SMS :laughing:

Hey, have you looked at what day it is today?

IT'S GONNA BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND!

• Haha 1