NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase (17th September 2020)

Another Partner Showcase at 15:00 BST tomorrow. 

Based on the others so far, think I can contain my excitement :p though Bravely Default II and Doom Eternal still need dates, so it could end up being an interesting one if they turn up! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rumours are that a new Monster Hunter game will be announced...

WHY? After Monster Hunter World the series should stay away from handhelds forever :( 

Interesting that they've announced this the day before rather than shadow dropping it. Could mean something big is on the way but given the past Partner Showcases, probably not.

We know there's a bunch of games from EA that haven't been properly unveiled, like that Need for Speed remaster and Plants Versus Zombies, so I could see one or multiples of those being shown here.

There was a Klonoa trademark recently hinting at that coming back in some way and I'd say the Switch is the perfect platform for it (could also lead in to a Smash Bros character announcement there as I've always suspected that Klonoa may be high up on a list of characters for bringing in from third party games).

There's also Doom Eternal without a release date so this would be an opportune time to announce it.

More interested to see if any of the big indie games that are without dates get a showing, like say Super Meat Boy Forever. I'm not even going to mention Silksong because at this point, I firmly believe it'll be a 2021 game.

In all reality, it'll probably be nothing massive so thinking about it, those EA titles are probably a good shout for whats to come. I'd love to be proven wrong but as said, their past Partner Showcases have to been great.

• Thanks 1

content-4-36339-nintendodirectminipartnershowcaseseptember2020banner.jpg

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase September 2020 to be broadcast tomorrow

Up on the main page.

We'll have the full roundup article with the press release etc up on the main page shortly after the event airs tomorrow. :smile:

Personal expectations? A release date for Doom Eternal, perhaps? I think that's likely, and a good shout from @Ganepark32 :peace:

A new Monster Hunter game would be interesting but, I'm going to go with Streets of Rage 4 DLC possibly being announced, following its recent update.

Listing for a Mass Effect Trilogy collection showed up on a retailers website then got quickly removed, seems like a safe bet that it'll show up here. New Monster Hunter announcement seems too big for this though, surely? Capcom more likely to reveal it at TGS 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Listing for a Mass Effect Trilogy collection showed up on a retailers website then got quickly removed, seems like a safe bet that it'll show up here. New Monster Hunter announcement seems too big for this though, surely? Capcom more likely to reveal it at TGS 

Given that the rumour is that its due in late October, EA are running out of time to announce the thing. Not that it matters as they could shadow drop the thing and it would likely sell gangbusters. More so if they don't screw around with the inclusion of the DLC. It's unlikely for it to be shown/announced at TGS and although the initial rumour said no Switch version, if its coming to Switch tomorrows Partner Showcase would be the perfect place to show it off. I'm not getting my hopes up (especially for the DLC to be included. I think EA will sell the trilogy at full price and charge extra for the DLC cause they're money grubbing) but as someone who would absolutely love to play through a modernised Mass Effect 1, I sincerely hope it gets announced tomorrow.

After the last one and the intention of Nintendo for these 3rd party mini-Directs I’m keeping expectation to a minimum in the hope that it will be a pleasant surprise.

Besides new indie games I’m really not sure what to expect.  I guess if any larger games are to be revealed I’d be looking at Doom and Monster Honster.  Apart from that I’m expecting EA to show their FIFA 21 game (a game using the Fifa 20 engine, which itself was just FIFA 19...) and some more Harvest Moon footage.

My wildcard guess is for some more No More Heroes footage, but with more tomfoolery from Suda51!

• Thanks 1

It's easier to appreciate these when they're as frequent as once a month. Ten minutes of third party stuff seems like a good idea, but each one could do with one big hitter, the first one at SMTV, but the last didn't really have anything like that as far as I can remember.

On 16/09/2020 at 8:49 AM, drahkon said:

Rumours are that a new Monster Hunter game will be announced...

WHY? After Monster Hunter World the series should stay away from handhelds forever :( 

Because it'll print money.

In Japan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW, FITNESS BOXING 2 LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Capcom is finally showing up! Guess you're not worried about Monster Hunter being on a handheld again, now are you @drahkon?

Nah, it's the cold, hard truth now... :p

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more, though. It didn't look too bad from that first trailer.

Won't be able to watch the 15 minutes of Monster Hunter right away, but will give it a look later :)

Will be interested to see Digital Foundry's analysis of Ori, Will of the Wisps ran like trash on the standard Xbox One so they'll have had to make some bigger concessions than they did with the original

21 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Nah, it's the cold, hard truth now... :p

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more, though. It didn't look too bad from that first trailer.

Won't be able to watch the 15 minutes of Monster Hunter right away, but will give it a look later :)

It looks WAY better than World.  None of that stupid fireflies, damage numbers and casualised bullshit!

Looks like a proper Monster Hunter game! :D 

That was actually very, very decent with some good announcements. Ori 2 is the highlight to me, but a sequel to Monster Hunter Stories 2 is quite interesting. I haven't played the first but liked the look of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

That was actually very, very decent with some good announcements. Ori 2 is the highlight to me, but a sequel to Monster Hunter Stories 2 is quite interesting. I haven't played the first but liked the look of it.

The first game is among the best RPG's on the 3DS. Criminally underrated game.

Also, Epona was a cameo in it for reasons.

Nice to see that more people will get a chance to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Yeah it had performance issues on the standard Xbox One but from the sounds of it, Moon Studios have managed to get it running well. Whether that remains to be seen when gamers get their hands on it is another thing but something people should definitely check out because its such a fantastic game. Easily one of the best this year.

Also really nice to see Hades get a shadow drop. That'll do me nicely thank you very much. Can't leave a Supergiant Games game unbought so that's my evening sorted. Can't wait to get stuck in.

• Like 1

Nice shadowdrop for Ori, Nintendo seem to love that these days. Good to see they've (apparently) got it running well, really loved the game on Xbox.

content-4-36340-nintendodirectminipartnershowcaseseptember2020roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase September 2020 Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the mini presentation.

Full press release and both video presentation embeds.

Two new Monster Hunter titles? Expectations have been exceeded. :D 

Got Hades downloading now. The game always had good reviews from players in early access but the reviews coming put now have got me extremely excited to play. I'm not a huge roguelike fan but having gotten into Undermine recently, I have high hopes this'll hit home especially with it being from Supergiant Games who haven't put a step wrong with any of their releases as far as I'm concerned. I know everyone will be more interested in Mondter Hunter Rise and Stories 2 but Hades and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are definitely ones to keep an eye on and certainly worth your time going by reviews for the former and my experience with the latter.

Even the trailer is great. Darren Korb once again working magic with the soundtrack. Easily one of my favourite composers in the games industry (the soundtrack to Transistor is superb and the work they did with that generated track telling your tale in Pyre was so good).

Super Mario 3D All Stars is going to have to wait tomorrow, and thats partly because I'm not keen on how they've handled controls in Galaxy (touch screen use for Switch Lite/Handheld to collect star bits could easily have been automated dependent on where the camera was looking as that's going to be a right pain even if you can ignore them) but also because Hades.

Sign in to follow this