NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Spelunky 2 (PS4, PC)

capsule_616x353-1.jpg

Meet the next generation of treasure hunters in Spelunky 2! Follow Ana Spelunky and her friends on an exciting new adventure as they journey deeper than they could have ever imagined...

Out now on PS4, coming to PC on September 29th.

As one of the two huge roguelike/roguelite games to spark an entire armada of releases, the original Spelunky has been regarded as a pretty much perfect game for a decade. Secrets have been discovered, speedruns have been crushed, players have been destroyed.

As of today, we get to experience the highly anticipated sequel and if we are to believe reviewers, then this installment is nothing short of a masterpiece.

I bought the game this morning and just had my first run. It was yet another display of my amazing skills.

Spoiler

I made a lot of mistakes. I also may have panicked a bit at the end there...:laughing: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 3

Haven't played this as much as I wanted to, but will definitely put in more time tonight.

Did 6 runs and only once did I reach 2-1 :laughing:Spelunky 2 is relentless. And adding to that, I've played too recklessly. Need to be much more careful.

I'm by no means a Spelunky expert. I never finished the first one (only played it for a few hours). But I can say: Spelunky 2 KICKS. MY. ASS. And I love it.
It's beautifully difficult. So much fun to figure out how to approach...well...everything.

Managed to reach 2-2 (yay!) and died because I found a challenge and tried to be sneaky by circumventing a certain limit with a bomb. Welp...turns out you shouldn't do that :D

And finally we get a game that is actually a roguelike and not a roguelite :p

Earlier today the game crashed and apparently corrupted my save file. All progress lost and the uploaded backup was from quite a while ago :(

I might just start from scratch.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

I might just start from scratch.

I did. And the "first" runs were pretty good. Still haven't beaten the game, yet, though :D

Learnt a few valuable lessons...

Spoiler

Robots are dangerous...

Stupid, bald cavemen are dangerous...

Robots are dangerous...

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just bought the PC version. That's all my gaming needs sorted for the next few years!

Enjoy :peace:

Need to get back to it, but Hades is taking up all my gaming time. I am one winning run away from seeing the credits, though, so shouldn't be much longer :D

• Like 1

Really enjoying it so far, especially now I'm used to the way the character plays in comparison to Spelunky 1.

I'm pretty comfortable getting through the first cave section now but the fact that the second isn't just set as the jungle as thrown me :laughing:

• Like 1

So...killing the shopkeeper is a game changer. Only realized this after a million runs.
Getting a shotgun lets me progress much further. The end of each level gets a little more difficult but it's manageable.

So...killing the shopkeeper is a game changer. Only realized this after a million runs.
Getting a shotgun lets me progress much further. The end of each level gets a little more difficult but it's manageable.
Shotgun jetpack was always the dream in Spelunky 1.

Yeah Shotgun+Jetpack was always the way to go. I'd never kill the shopkeeper until the secret market level in 1. Assuming there's the same thing in this I expect that's how I'll continue to play. Too much risk at the end of each level otherwise.

I pretty much always go for a Shopkeeper kill in the Caves now.

Made some progress, found some new items, reached a new area, got killed immediately.

Anyway...*starts new run*

Sign in to follow this